Red Headed Stepchild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Headed Stepchild

Click image for larger version  Name:	volunteer.jpg Views:	20 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	557481
    On October 9th I noticed this little volunteer in my potato pot. I tried ignoring it for a time but eventually I dug it up, in the process severely damaging its tap root, I then unceremoniously stuck it in a 3 gallon pot of old used soil, and set it on a window sill. It didn't die but it did languish along and eventually I began giving it artificial light in the evening hours. The light wasn't strong enough to help the plant thrive but it was enough to keep it from flowering. Eventually it grew enough that I could put it outside during the day where it was infested with thrips. An alcohol and water spray over a few days took care of the thrips and I continued to put it in the sun each day and bring it in to the lights in the evenings. When I needed the lights for some Carolina Reaper seeds that had just germinated, I put my survivor on just daylight hours and it started flowering almost immediately. (Luckily a female) I have given her a couple of top dressings mixed with some molasses to keep the soil viable but no other nutrients.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	survivor.jpg Views:	19 Size:	344.0 KB ID:	557482
    You can still see the thrip damage on some of the older leaves but despite her small size, she's maintaining her color, smells amazing, and still plugging along, even with my unenthusiastic care. I have never had any type of winter grow before and had absolutely no expectations. However, I am slowly becoming attached to this little survivor for her sheer tenacity. My best guess is that she's from an OG Kush plant I had that produced a sprinkling of seeds this past season.
    Last edited by crucialbunny; 02-20-2022, 05:35 PM.

Growing like a weed...
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

My favorite quote about weed (can't remember where from) is something like: "it's an amazingly resilient plant that would probably grow just fine within the cracks in the cement if we just wouldn't run it over"

Comment

• crazyplanet
        crazyplanet commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree that.

Originally posted by User420111 View Post
      My favorite quote about weed (can't remember where from) is something like: "it's an amazingly resilient plant that would probably grow just fine within the cracks in the cement if we just wouldn't run it over"
      Awesome plant crucial. Amazing what they can live thru.
      ​​​​​​
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

I've seen one sprout on the deck of a boat where the seat was attached to the deck, splashed with sea water. Another came up in a wet pile of coal ash.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          When I was a younger man I can remember my friend's 64 Cutlass had them sprouting in the carpeting.

Red headed stepchild?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Isn't an illegitimate son a bastard? So now I'm a red headed bastard? Are you calling me fat?

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you insinuating that I drive a Plymouth Belvedere?

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          What I meant was, I like your shirt.

One of these? Sweet. Click image for larger version

Name:	197672.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	557543Rock it!
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• crucialbunny
          crucialbunny commented
          Editing a comment
          No, no no. Not that one. The one Hunter S. Thompson was forced to rent when he couldn't get the convertible Caddy in Fear and Loathing.

The hardiest life thrives in the harshest of environments

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X