How much bud do you grind at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much bud do you grind at once?

This may be a silly noob question. I have my first harvest and it's a larger quantity than I have ever had on-hand at once, so these kinds of questions are popping into mind as I look at mason jars packed with bud.

Assuming that you enjoy your harvest in a way that requires grinding (smoking, vaping, etc), what is the amount of bud that you grind at a time?

This could be in absolute quantity, or maybe it is related to your grinder size. I am also interested if you grind more at one time than you will be using immediately. Do you do multiple "batches" in your grinder? Do you grind a day's worth, once per day? Or a couple days' or a week? Are you grinding an ounce at a time and if so, how are you storing it (with a boveda pack, I'm guessing)? I'm curious about your grinder but that could be a separate discussion of its own?

I figure most people grind just the amount they are about to consume, with some doing a full day's and maybe some do more? If anyone knows how to store it properly, it will be one of the experts here!

I grind about 3 days worth (approx 3 grams) and store it in a sealed Tupperware dish. It does dry out fast once ground, but the buds keep getting better and better in the Mason Jars with Boveda packs.

Comment

• Tone3000
      Tone3000 commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds like a reasonable approach. Have you ever tried a Boveda pack in the tupperware dish (assuming there is space, but Boveda packs are pretty flat)? If you try it, would you report back to let us know if it prevents the drying out?

This is my grinder...I will grind up enough to fill my chillum 4 or 5 times. Or sometimes just fill my grinder. I have a friend who will grind up a whole 7grams at a time and it lasts her 2 to 3 weeks. She claims it doesn't affect the weed at all. She stores it in a plastic medicine container in her closet.

Comment

I grind enough to fill a mini vac jar about halfway. The ground weed doesn't dry out much and it lasts a week or two depending on how much I'm liking that particular variety.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Tone3000
        Tone3000 commented
        Editing a comment
        How big is your mini vac jar, roughly? Like, does it hold an ounce or a quarter?

Glad to hear it doesn't dry out over a couple of weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	meditation medication.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	555940
      Sometimes I will put on music, grind away, and roll. It's kind of my
      medication meditation. I keep my rolled ones in a small humidor
      and it seems to continue it's curing just fine. It's a handy as well
      for when company drops by.

Comment

• Tone3000
        Tone3000 commented
        Editing a comment
        You are an excellent host/hostess. You must have plenty of friends with hospitality like that!

Bout 3fiddy.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Grinding concentrate is a mess and hard to remove from a grinder.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Tone3000
          Tone3000 commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! That would be a nasty mess and even harder to consume. Heat up the grinder? haha

Keep it simple. Just grab what you need.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

You're right about the grinder...I've been on a journey to find the perfect one...but as you say that's a whole other discussion. It's an interesting problem to have...jars and jars of bud. I grind a few buds at a time but not too many. Usually lasts a day or two or three. Keep mine in the metal rolling tray with a magnetic lid.
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Tone3000
            Tone3000 commented
            Editing a comment
            You are feeling me! Jars like I have only seen in pictures, in places like this.

I like to grind about 3 or 4 days at a time. Other wise it seems to dry out to fast and just turns to dust.👍😉

Comment

• Tone3000
            Tone3000 commented
            Editing a comment
            I usually do a few days' worth at a time too. I have been worried about it drying out and I'm hearing mixed things in this thread about whether or not it will dry out. It seems to come down to storage.

I grind enough for 5 or 6 joints and store them in a mason jar. I don’t store them with a boveda because I want them to dry a little. I keep a 62% boveda in my bud jars but I find it just a touch too moist for a nice burn so having it dry just a little works for me. One day I may start using 58% bovedas so it will be a good humidity from the start but not sure if it cures better or worse with the lower humidity. I would be interested in the discussion on the best grinder - I’ve been trying a few but haven’t yet found the perfect one.

Comment

I’m a grind what you need now type. I will also sometimes mix different buds in a grind. I have wondered about the best grinder too, I’ve been through a few and haven’t found a good one yet. Anyone use the mason grinder? The concept is cool just not sure how well it works.
            Home of the original mason jar grinder! The only grinder that replaces the lid to any mason jar. Made in the USA. Shop online today.

Comment

• JuanHondo
              JuanHondo commented
              Editing a comment
              big fan of the mason grinder. i got the wide mouth version and use mainly for when i need to pre roll a lot for the weekend/vacation. otherwise i usually just grind as i need with a smaller Hammercraft grinder.

• bdeegan
              bdeegan commented
              Editing a comment
              Copy that, thanks for the reply

I have a grinder some damn place, I dont use it often, I just pick off a bud and stick it in a bowl.

Comment

I grind enough to supply me an friends who visit with about a dozen joints every few days. I'm using a roller now more often do to arthritics not really painful as my hands use to be since i've smoked more in retirement i've not noticed any decrease in potency from grinding and leaving it in a sealed jar for days.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
                DeadlyFruit commented
                Editing a comment
                I use a roller as well due to a life of essential tremors, the regular raw roller and the six shooter version. They both work surprisingly well given how cheap and simple they are.

Bout this much. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161213_081954666.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	556068

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X