X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    KLAX A zipper.

I know a gal who is very thin, hairdresser. When I first started going to her I learned that her being skinny brought a lot of judgment, comments. Growing up she felt just like someone who is fat and gets cruel comments. Beautiful girl inside and out. She trained at a Vidal Sassoon salon, very talented. Her gorgeous daughter is in college now, her young son is non-verbal autistic. I don't understand why good people get served sh!t sandwiches in life.

Anyway, I have 1-3 in a million ultra-rare lipodystrophy. It's recognized more in women, men are underdiagnosed. Mine is partial: thin legs, thighs, arms, etc because the subQ fat goes into our organs and muscles. My leg veins are very noticeable, my knees are skin and bones, a big belly & skinny legs = hard to buy jeans/clothes. There's a form of general lipo where ppl have no fat. The disappearing subQ fat has changed my world. Even in my scalp I have indentations. Glad I'm not bald! I wish I could give you my belly.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Grabbing onto the back of cars is a good way to burn the bearings out of your roller skates Puglover1. We used to ride the go-cart on the pond in the winter, your turn until the chain jumps off, how many donuts can you do. It does not get cold like that here anymore.

• KLAX
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, Puglover1, I'd be happy to take some of that weight too! I'm so skinny when I stand sideways and stick my tongue out, people mistake me for a zipper.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise Did you 'skitch'? We used to hang onto the back of cars to get a ride. The IL River is part of my town. Grain elevators, public boat launch, and a large water holding area near the city's water treatment plant on the north side. In the 80's when it was frozen we used to drive on it, pull people on tires fast with many quick turnarounds. A younger guy got too close to the edge, the front end of his car went into the drink first, and that was the end of Cars on Ice.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    want some more?

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Oh heck yes as years go by i get way less tolerant of freezing cold. I keep reminising of when i was out bow hunting with my last daughter still in the womb and climbing up an down hills out in the winter. I was so strong back then, hauling fish an crab way back in the day. Working in all kinds of awful weather. I don't go out there or do that anymore. I just hate that cold frozen wind just thinking about it makes me want to cry how i tolorated it. Yep this ol granny was a hunter, fisher lady for many many years.

• OldManGrower
    replied
    You didn't lose the weight, I found it!

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    When I was young the cold did not bother me, hell we did things you cant do today like tie a car hood behind a buddies pickup and pull it down the street with people on it. They take you to ail for that now. A few years ago I lost weight,about 160 lbs., I get cold very easy now. And these damn front play hell with my back.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Temp changes make my knees' pain ramp up fast and hard. My homemade balm really helps bring it down. The pain is all consuming at its worst.

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    3Berries that's the thing. Wind kills me.

• 3Berries
    commented on 's reply
    And the wind. I got a big rock pile to work on but 30 mph wind and 25F temps kept me inside.

• Blowdout2269
    replied
    22F ?!? Hell, that's warm! Lol, it's been single digits here at 7am almost all week. But yes, my knees don't like it.

Leave a comment:

• KLAX
    commented on 's reply
    I totally agree, old and cold at the same time sucks. Old and hunting (with firearms or otherwise), A-okay!

Twenty years ago, hell, maybe even ten years ago, 22f at 7am would have been tolerable doing almost anything. Worked plenty of days like that. Sucked, but sure as hell I was there. Today, the freakin' house would have to be on fire!

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    I feel you man. Been at it for two months and this cold snap is definitely making it harder to get out. I swear I can hear my legs creaking going up in my climbing stand in the am. Mid winter temps here this week.

• Going2fast
    replied
    You know what I hate........................,
    ......the cold. And getting old. The older I get the colder I feel. Opening day of firearms deer season is tomorrow. Supposed to be 22f at 7am. Used to be able to handle that. Now I'm pondering sleeping in....

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X