Grow light questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow light questions

Ugh where to start. I had a great soil set up tent, loved it. Was using thegreencompanys electric sky 300v3 light. I can’t say enough good things about this light and the heat output is absolutely nothing. Anyways I wanted to try my hand in hydro, I purchased the super closet which comes with a hydro system plus a ton of other things I didn’t need (I wasted money, I know this now) anyways it comes with a KindLED x330 light. I personally don’t like the light because of the heat output. I have to constantly monitor the closets temp. Has anyone dealt with KindLED, is it a good company? I can’t find any reviews online for this light. A little concerned.

kindled light: https://hydrobuilder.com/brands/kind...-277-volt.html

the green company light: https://thegreensunshineco.com/produ...00-grow-light/

super closet hydro system: https://supercloset.com/product/grow...t-grow-closet/

Mmm... I smell suspicion. I smell an ad for the green company. Miasma rising.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Sydthekid
      Sydthekid commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish this was an ad maybe I wouldn’t have to pay so much dang money for lights 😂 not at add just wanting reviews of kindled compared to green company

Kind has been in the led industry for quite a while.
    They were primarily known for overpriced 'blurple' fixtures.
    It looks like they have finally started using more modern components and designs.
    That tent is only 6 sq ft(0.56 sq meter) area and the X330 is really designed to cover a meter square.
    If you run that at full power(it's almost double the amount of light needed for that space), it'll fry the plants, so dimming is required but a beneficial side effect of that is the system gains efficiency.
    I would also remote mount the led driver outside of the cabinet to reduce it adding heat inside.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

When I decided to try growing weed 2 years ago, I too was sucked in by Supercloset and bought a 2* 4’x6’ grow cabinet. I should of done a lot more research first.

My Kind light was a burple, though I see they now have updated to full spectrum. Terrible yields on my first grow so I swapped the light for a Mars Hydo SP3000 and doubled my yield in the second grow. The newer Kind light may perform as well.

The other big issue was the badly undersized exhaust fans which were installed into the back wall of the cabinet. Impossible to control humidity during flowering. I have now installed an external exhaust fan to remedy the situation. Of course, this has negated the Supercloset claim of “stealth” growing.

Finally their hydo reservoir is a 35 gal tote, making reservoir changes a pain. I am now growning in soil. If I do another hydro grow I will be buying two 5 gallon bucket setups.

So from Supercloset, I received a light, exhaust fans, and hydro reservoir that were all sub-par. My mistake for being in too much of a hurry to get growing because my stash was getting low!

Thanks Sydthekid for letting me rant, I feel your pain.

Comment

AC Infinity has their Cloudline 67 series fans and controller that give you temp and humidity control. I'm on my first grows with two, one a 4" for the Veg an a 6" for the Flower. It takes a week or two but you figure out the best setup considering the temp and humidity to run. So far here where it's cold I run it at around 75F and 65%. It takes some wet towels hanging to keep the humidity up as the house is around 45%.

Flower tent is a whole nother situation with constant flow through ventilation. Humidity is a mister when the lights are on along with towels. But run it around the same temps and humidity.
        Last edited by 3Berries; 01-22-2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X