Just a few pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a few pictures.

Just wanted to share a few pictures. So far it’s looking good. I decided to experiment with city pickers. I have 6 Clones in one city picker and it holds about a cubic foot of soil. There is one that had a hard time growing but looks to be catching up now. For those wondering if they can grow more than one plant in one “pot” here it is. Hope you guys enjoy. Sorry no details I will try to add that later.

Wow! Clearly you know how to grow weed. Beautiful.
    Grow Tent: 3' x 3' x 72", 4' x 4' x 80"
    Grow Lights: 2 x Vivosun VS1000, Vivosun VS2000, HLG 600
    Grow Medium (Bubba Kush): Coco/Perlite Hydroponics Flora Trio
    Grow Medium (White Widow): Coco/Perlite,General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Comment

What is a city picker?
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Ckbrew a city picker is a simple way to grow veggies. After you fill the city picker with soil you just have to add water down the pipe and only add water when the city picker is empty. The nutrient(dry amendments) are simply top dressed. As long as you start with a quality soil mix all you have to do is add water and watch the ladies do their thing. Now you have all the time in the world to train them or simply take care of life. I have kids, wife, job, and business I’m starting so I’m looking for ways to grow quality medicine with minimal effort on my part.

Comment

UberMensch Thanks, though I give a lot of the credit to the plants themselves. I do my best to start with a quality soil mix that way most of the work is done. I will do my best to keep a weekly update on these ladies. Mainly for the new growers to see another way of growing, and most importantly how easy it can be.

Comment

Here is what the ladies look like today in the city picker. The runt lady is starting to catch up.

Comment

Go living soil! Cali, all your plants look vibrant and healthy as they should in living soil. We may differ a little in what amendments but what you're doing is def working! So you have 6 in less than 6 gal of soil. I'm right now debating growing out 2 in 7 gal with careful training so I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it. You will have your hands full with 6 in 7 for sure! I do like the simplicity of your basic mix so will find out if I really need all those extras. Yours is very like what I just finished an auto grow in with mediocre success of 4 oz from 2 autos. I know I can easily double or triple that with photos. Keep Pharming right!
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

The city picker sounds a lot like an earth box, at least in concept.
                Coconut Grove
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

UndergroundFarmer its the same thing. Not sure if they are identical but yes basically it’s an earth box. Home depot sells them as city pickers. Heard about them from a grower on YouTube and from Buildasoil but they sell them as earth boxes.

Comment

TOKABIGONE there are many ways to do this. This is simply the way I found to keep it simple. Glad I’m not alone on this road. Let’s keep posting our grows and see how we can help each other and the rest that are sure to come along.

Comment

You bet Cali we 'pioneers' of soil growing can do something good by showing what we do, lol! If you haven't seen my dual posting with BU2B on our comparison of soil vs hydro. Check it out!
                      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                      make pH correction unnecessary
                      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

My wife asked me to toss a dead hibiscus. When I pulled it outta the 1 gal. pot it was a solid wall of roots,so I got some of my already been grown in soil and re potted said root ball.So guess who pops up a few weeks later. When cold weather set in I put her under a big assed CFL. The hibiscus is getting a little pushy, But there you go. Two plants one pot. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210812_100629336.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	553475Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211009_195347676.jpg
Views:	604
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	553476Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211211_191140234_HDR.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	553477

Comment

Not sure if I should have started a new post or it’s fine here? Anyways I wanted to know why is it that when I was using bottled nutrients (fox farm trio) my plants all had hollow stems and since I made the switch to organic living soils every single stem has been solid. I have pictures but I will have to look for them. I know this has been asked before, some one said they need to be hollow so the plants can take up water/nutrients? But that makes me wonder why every tree I see get cut down is solid? If you guys are interested I would like it if you posted what your stem look like, are they hollow or solid? and what is your style of growing? Bottled nutrients or dry amendments?

Comment

A week later. Middle of week 4 of flowering. City pickers are growing almost time to flip. Maybe one more week? I’ll take clones and flip.

Comment

• UberMensch
                              UberMensch commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Very nice, well done.

Comment

• Ckbrew
                              Ckbrew commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Is that malted barley as a top dressing, purpose?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X