Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ice water hash making

Hi all,
    I posted a few of these pics already, but I thought I’d start a topic for a few more as I’m pretty excited.
    Thank you to Frenchy Cannoli for his work and generosity, RIP.
    These are a few pics from the washing, pressing, and roiling process of my last Ice water hash (bubble hash) production.
    From 109g of trim off my fall indoor run, harvested in mid December.
    It was one Blue Dream(humbolt), 1 Lemon drop(Oasis seeds), and 2 CBD White Widow (Crop King) all autos
    I ended up with that nice 9 gram temple ball.
    Now one more month to wait for more magic to happen before sampling .
    Argh ! So much waiting ….. this hobby sure teaches patience 😎
    Last edited by Smallgrow; 01-11-2022, 04:03 PM.
    KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
    Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
    Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
    Maybe some compost teas
    Blumat watering system
    Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
    3x4x6’ tent
    Photontek 465wpro
    6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
    Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Newb question here! When you say "trim", is that the stuff that I have been cutting off during pruning (and in my case throwing it away), or is it something different?
    Grow Tent: 3' x 3' x 72", 4' x 4' x 80"
    Grow Lights: 2 x Vivosun VS1000, Vivosun VS2000, HLG 600
    Grow Medium (Bubba Kush): Coco/Perlite Hydroponics Flora Trio
    Grow Medium (White Widow): Coco/Perlite,General Hydroponics Flora Trio

Comment

• bdeegan
      bdeegan commented
      Editing a comment
      The trim is sugar leaves, not the fan leaves you have been pruning. The sugar leaves are the ones close to the buds that get a layer of trichomes on them. They are harsh to smoke so typically the sugar leaves are trimmed off and saved for making extracts. Search “canna butter” on the main site. It’s like the gift that keeps giving lol

Smallgrow . When all is said and cured, what will the consistency of that temple ball be? Can you pinch a piece off or does it take a razor?
    I would ask Farmbuck , but that would just give him another platform to be incredibly helpful and generous with his years of wisdom in such things. Thought it would be a good chance for someone else to take over. I hope you have Photoshop. I'm looking at your appliance plugs and the Celsius readings on your meter. You're not in the US. No problem. As long as you're not Frenadian.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Easy for you to say Gingerbeard, your'e not a Frenadian like me... Go ahead piss me off young one, I'm just waiting for the perfect time to make some GG4 hash from the freezer. Remember the best wine come from ........ non ? I see quality of hash potency as just as good as very good wine. Hit-and-miss" young one hit-and-miss" !!

I can say I love is ways, Different techniques though.
      Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-11-2022, 08:38 PM.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Cough... gasp... Piss you off? Tee-hee. You need to switch to a nice Indica, homie. HDHH!!!

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Hash made this way is like nothing I’ve ever seen in stores or from a guy. I haven’t stored it for long periods yet, apparently 10-12 years is not unrealistic, but it’s soft and pliable. You can defiantly pinch it. I’ve done one fresh frozen run so far and that is even softer (and much more difficult to deal with).
      I’ve been diligently working my way through all the traditional hash offerings from licences producers that I can find in store here in Ontario as comparison.

About consistency Smallgrow . Getting a pinchable product sounds nice. The pucks I make are rock hard.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops I posted my reply to your question in the wrong place , see above

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries. I was too high to notice.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X