Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 7 stages of grief

The 7 stages of grief
    • Shock and denial: WPM??? Your mom has WPM!!!
    • Pain and guilt: It is my fault they got WPM, not theirs. I did not pay attention. I did not notice the signs until it was too late. I have let everyone down.
    • Anger and bargaining: I have done everything right! Maybe it is not WPM. Maybe it is trichomes.
    • Depression: Maybe I should quit. I am no good at growing plants without killing them. I am going to start smoking tobacco, again.
    • The upward turn: I only have 3ish weeks left of flowering and all the time in the world to go Elmer Fudd on that WPM ass!
    • Reconstruction and working through: With time and perseverance, Fiskars and quick-dry vinegar misting, I can still get a good harvest.
    • Acceptance and hope: It is my fault, really. I have not replaced my fans as they have broken so I do not have what I need. Soon as I post this, I am going to order at least one. If I do not get a harvest, there is always next time.
    Last edited by Gingerbeard; 01-09-2022, 09:11 PM.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

It's those cold damp winters you have there in Dago. I experienced it one time mid Nov to February 66 down on the beach at the MC recruit/ basic training depot. Had pneumonia at the end of that sad time. I complained but they just made me do 500 push ups. No feelings of compassion in the whole place. My options: tough it out or go to the hospital and be set back to do it all over. Wasn't that hard of a choice!
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 01-09-2022, 09:03 PM.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I wasn't really complaining about training in Dago that much. 9 months at a Navy tech school in Memphis was worse weather. I'll take cold and humid over hot and humid anytime! Weather was pretty nice in VN most time in 69 while I was there. Then my last 6 months in Pensacola, FL was awesome but for the hurrycanes! Were you in Iraq?

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Taking cold anytime really ? Well come where i live I'm not sure you will say that again sir !! How about a nice -30F in my little part of the world... Yep a cold warning for a week ranging from -10F to -36F. Care of coming to see the old FarmBuck TOKABIGONE ? lollll

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love to go see you some time Farmbuck but it involves crossing borders and now passports? Ridiculous! But no sir, not when it's -35 out!

TOKABIGONE There has GOT to be a veteran's website where I can share your quip about Viet Nam. "Weather was pretty nice in VN most time in 69 while I was there." No movie have I seen nor story I have heard ever said the weather was good in Viet Nam! Probably the closest things would be 'China Beach' and the 'Charlie don't surf.' scene in Apocalypse Now.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya know Gingerbeard I wasn't going to go into it but I was probably the 'luckiest' guy out there at the time. While 50k of my brothers died I was safely back at the squadron on the air base inside my air conditioned electronics lab where I worked to repair a real digital dinosaur of a secret clearance needed piece of crap, barely functional, million dollar each equipment called an infra red mapping system that some monkey cobbled together from spare parts and showed it to the gov't who said we'll take 50 units...can you have them in a week? These were installed in the nose of an F4 Phantom jet and flown tree top level to find enemy supply trucks in the jungle cover so they could be bombed. That whole 'war' was a pile of male bovine excrement!
      I'm ashamed to say that's my 'war' story.

Farmbuck Throw another log on your fire and get a blanket if you're cold. Layer your clothes. Geez, man! Gloves, maybe? Warm, waterproof boots, perhaps?
    You know you're going to be cold. I hear snow is a good indication of cold weather. Saw that on the news. You get bundled up when you go outside and keep your house heated hotter than your summer months. It's no surprise.
    I have to keep an eye on the weather to see if I need to keep my shorts handy or if I'm going to need to put on jeans! No ship! Socks? I don't know. Maybe?
    See what I'm getting at FB? Until global warming really, really sets in, you will have pre-ordained weather. The more you bitch, the more you hate.
    I have more constructive criticism for later. Neighbor just showed up for dabs...
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      PpppFffffTTtttttt Ginger it's -35F as we speak not outside but inside... Not even my Eskimo Parka is keeping me warm. Sheeez like I don't know anything about my own climat.

Look young one I was born and Immerse in ice cold water's lake like a baptist,well that was my mom use to say. Remember i know a thing or two about arctic cold. Enjoy your warm day while I'm freezing my butt here in the Great White North.

Stay warm Gingerbeard

You are a Vietnam Veteran. Not a Vietnam Era Veteran, TBOne. You did what someone thought you should do. Which branch came up with snafu and fubar?
    I am a veteran of the Desert Shield Era and Desert Storm Era. I was on our final field exercise in basic training during the dust storm. We were taking a break when a drill sergeant walk buy and told us 'It Started.' By the time we got back, the US was done. Not victorious. Just, done. Returning soldiers at Ft. Campbell exclaimed 'We came, we saw, we left.'
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Heavy stories guys , that’s serious stuff no matter what part you played.
      Sucks about the PM , but forge ahead. Very funny post tho . I cried a little when I found aphids week 6 of flower in the summer but with hard work it was ok.
      On a lighter note, my battle will be with the -32 c (-25f) day we have here today.
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X