The “auto” dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The “auto” dilemma

Hi, thanks for reading! I’ve got a 6 week old “auto” that has not started forming budlets yet. Should I keep her on 18/6 or switch to 12/12?

I had a similar issue with the same seeds on my last run so I’m not 100% surprised. I switch that one to 12/12 around 7 weeks old and it started to form buds but she didn’t make it to the finish line. This current one is smaller, and healthier with more bud sites so I’d like her to finish!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

bd

Autos dont need to be switched, they will flower on their own schedule. Keep your lights on 18/6 or 24/7. Both pics are very close to pushing out flowers. Looks healthy! good luck
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Some autos do take up to 8 weeks to get the flower on, if after that time they dont pick it up, then flip em.

Comment

Awesome thanks y’all! I keep thinkings flowers are about to pop out but I guess I still have that problem plant on my mind haha. I’ll keep the 18/6 train rolling.

Thanks again!
        bd

Comment

10 days later and I think I have my answer. Can someone confirm it’s male so I don’t feel bad chopping it?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry, I think it's a boy! Seems like such a strange thing to say, lmao!
            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Did you buy autoflowering feminized seeds?
              Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
              Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
              Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
              Various size fabric grow bags
              Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
              4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
              Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Sometimes, you have to be sure.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6
                Nutes
                CalMag

Comment

Thanks for the reply’s! Definitely had to be sure haha. They were Feminized Auto Berry seeds from msnl. As mentioned in the first post I had issues with the same seeds on the last run. It didn’t auto, I flipped to 12/12, started to flower and then freaked out and hermed around week 11 so it got the axe. So I’m not all surprised this one didn’t do right, just a little sad.

I did reach out to msnl around the time of the first post and they are sending replacement seeds. Not sure if I’ll trust them or not. I’m looking forward to my first photo run so maybe that will start earlier than expected!

Thanks again
                  bd

Comment

Originally posted by bdeegan View Post
                    Thanks for the reply’s! Definitely had to be sure haha. They were Feminized Auto Berry seeds from msnl. As mentioned in the first post I had issues with the same seeds on the last run. It didn’t auto, I flipped to 12/12, started to flower and then freaked out and hermed around week 11 so it got the axe. So I’m not all surprised this one didn’t do right, just a little sad.

I did reach out to msnl around the time of the first post and they are sending replacement seeds. Not sure if I’ll trust them or not. I’m looking forward to my first photo run so maybe that will start earlier than expected!

Thanks again
                    bd
                    bdeegan Hey there, maybe you could ask them if they’ll replace your seeds with some from ILGM or seedsman or something. After all reading this, one would want to steer clear of msnl.
                    New indoors grower.
                    super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
                    2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
                    2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
                    4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
                    Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
                      UndergroundFarmer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ILGM has not let me down yet. I just had some Seedsman freebies surprise me (pleasantly). I don't do many autos except for CBD stuff so I can't recommend specific auto seeds but Barney's Farm, Sensi, Dutch Passion and Green House tend to produce winners for me when I grow their fems and regs.

Yeah I hear ya Guitbox. Unfortunately msnl only sells their own seeds. I’m not knocking them, their customer service has been great, and the other two strains of theirs I’ve grown were also great. I got some photo freebies of theirs up next. Next time I order it’ll likely be somewhere else though. I’d like to try mephasito (sp?) autos and Barney farm or sweet seeds photos. I’ve been looking at Ilgm also, their a bit pricey but maybe I’ll catch a good sale/giveaway.

Comment

I'm new at it all but been exploring seeds and was debating MSNL since found a deal here: https://saveoncannabis.com/store/msn...-coupon-codes/ but seems you would not go back to them...even with a discount? I know most the times I will only get coupons for first time, so next time may try another brand but I do like saving money.

Comment

• GuitboxTom
                        GuitboxTom commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Your bigger expense is lighting, vent fans, and fertilizer, plus things like a good pH meter which you’ll end up getting after you’ve tried to save money with cheep one.

• bdeegan
                        bdeegan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I can’t say I would never go back, because their auto blue dream was awesome, ive grown it with success twice now. The photo freebies I mentioned did well and the smoke is great, stardawg was that strain. They did send me replacement beans and are currently babies for an outdoor grow so fingers crossed. I just finished up my first from sweet seeds, it kicked ass, and I’m excited to try more from them.
                        Last edited by bdeegan; 06-09-2022, 05:51 PM.

My favorite thread title
                      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
                      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
                      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
                      Various size fabric grow bags
                      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
                      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
                      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• bdeegan
                        bdeegan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lol thanks, I put some thought into it haha

Plants will be ready when they’re ready. Both times I’ve done autos they’ve never flowered earlier than 8/9 weeks

Comment

• GuitboxTom
                        GuitboxTom commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Right MagicMike66 ,my NLights Autos flowered 3weeks and 1 day from sprout. Last time I grew several that flowered after week 4 but harvested 4+weeks apart.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X