Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone brought a plant out of this before? Should I give up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MagicMike66
    replied
    I had 2 autos that did this on my last grow, one after the other. No idea what caused it but I just tossed both of them

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Evidence for B-def?

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    That's a 9 finger leaf up top. She feels good!

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    Northern Lights:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0886.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	869.9 KB
ID:	552455

Alien Rock Candy with NL just behind it:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0885.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	552456

They are both in the same mix with pH hanging around in the 6.2-6.8 range.

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    I tried a few. The smaller stems are solid enough. The main stems I topped were hollow.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    I won't post any of the sites I looked at. GWE has similar information.

When the late Sexless M was growing, I made a post about hollow stems. Boron deficiency comes up a number of times in research. Might I ask you to pinch a stem? Maybe that'll give you a little more evidence, boron or not?

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    Here's the GWE page about Boron deficiency which I believe caused my issue.

"Boron is not absorbed well if there isn’t enough moisture, for example if plant is underwatered or humidity is very low (below 25% relative humidity in the air). Proper watering practices will help prevent underwatering, and a humidifier may be needed to achieve the best growth if your grow room is very dry. Boron is not absorbed well if there isn’t enough moisture, for example if plant is underwatered or humidity is very low (below 25% relative humidity in the air). Proper watering practices will help prevent underwatering, and a humidifier may be needed to achieve the best growth if your grow room is very dry."

The first time around, I went crazy blaming the nutrients, the pH adjusters and probably made the whole situation worse. I'll get more pictures of the damaged bits this weekend and a shot of the Alien Rock Candy that wasn't exposed to low RH. This trouble only started this winter so it all makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Quick Wikipedia link. Cannabis mention.

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    It took a few tries to get the page to load but I got it. I tried a Google image search and the infected plants don't resemble mine, in fact they look better! I might just make up a bleach solution for the trimmers though to be safe. I might just start pinching to top and defoliate more as well so I can get around the danger of infected trim scissors.

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    I've got a population of fungus gnats but they are mostly harmless and I'm about to run them off with Neem seed meal this weekend.

• UndergroundFarmer
    commented on 's reply
    I'm talking about another batch of seedlings moved to veg then manifolded. The survivors from the previous batch are in flower and they are trying but buds are tiny and very slow to develop.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    When you say this happened to another batch, UndergroundFarmer , are you talking another grow or this?

Leave a comment:

• Going2fast
    replied
    Check out this thread. I lost 4 plants this summer due to this. I thought high heat and humidity had caused it but it was only these four that were close proximity to each other. The. New growth looked exactly like yours. No signs of bugs on plant or roots. They all died within a few weeks
    Hey gang, I’m not sure if this was previously posted but just in case. More of a PSA than a question but feel free to pitch in if you think this may or may not be the cause of the wilting problem. I’ve been seeing more and more posts from people lately about plants mysteriously wilting. I think I may have come across a

Leave a comment:

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I thought also.

• Rwise
    replied
    Also give them a good look over for bugs, bugs often cause leaf curl.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X