How to tame the beast into Hash.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tame the beast into Hash.

Hospital tomorrow so I decide to make preparations for hash making. You know the same old methods like grinding, freezing. Taming the beasties trichomes was not easy but I'm sure I will overcome !!

How many grams of pure beasty hash ? Out of 30 grams maybe 3 grams top.

Are you bored yet my young Gingerbeard ?
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 01-05-2022, 10:56 AM.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

My experience on making hash is limited to 2 times I used dry ice to make it. That said, aside from the PITA of obtaining the dry ice, it was a relatively easy process compared to what I read about bubble hash. Similar to what people do with a regular freezer, but I think (guessing) that dry ice is more efficient.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      I have done both dry ice twice and ice water twice so to confirm dry ice is easier and produces far more hash but it has a greater amount of plant material which waters down the hash quality. Still dry ice hash is easily good enough for me.
      I did want to try making a better hash so ice water is the choice for that.
      Fun making it either way.

I have not been awake long enough to be bored FB. I will return to this post, when I get too busy.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Farmbuck I used the first half of your hash making post to shake some really nice keif into a RYOT box! Many thanks for sharing!!

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Jebidiah You remind me I need to buy another RYOT box lollll Thanks for the reminder loll

Over the last year or so I’ve made about 10 hash runs, a couple dry sift the rest ice water . I figure about 1/20 to 1/30 ratio hash to trim usually. I have run some flower too. Although as my skills get better my yields increasing.
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• Smallgrow
        Smallgrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thx folks it is a serious labour of love , but I’m kinda hooked. The temple ball is my attempt at the Frenchy method, my preferred style. I have some more to press tonight or tomorrow I’ll try to post something.

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done Smallgrow Love your "temple ball" shinny and a nice texture. Again Congrat dear grower.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        very nice. congrats.

I'm done with the beast, It was not easy but I finally tame it. Got almost 13 grams. Now it's time to let it dry before curing it for a few months.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Smallgrow I believe the beast gave close to 100 grams dry. So yep the entire plant lolll So will see in a few months if it's good hybrid hash !!

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep Ckbrew dry sift. You can't teach old growers new tricks loll

• Smallgrow
        Smallgrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Old dogs who smoke dope, learn new tricks faster, and forget the old one sooner , actually 😉

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X