No announcement yet.

Purple Bubba & the Old Riders of the Purple Sage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking to TOKABIGONE recently just about things in general when I mentioned something I can't help but notice. I stopped doing The OG Group because of health issues and obligations with working to correct some of those very real things that I need to address in my life. Yet, here I am, putting in twice the amount of time I was expending on the OG Group, and while the health issues haven't gone away, they have been a lot more tolerable with a friend or two in tow.

I was thinking, maybe, just maybe, 2022 could be the year of Growing Together (as opposed to growing apart). Find yourself a grow buddy on GWE! It will keep you on your toes, always desiring to do your best, allow you to share and compare buds with your bud if they live within driving distance, give you new experiences and opportunities to see and ponder how someone else does it and make you feel a whole lot better in the process! Besides, there's an amazing group of you here on GWE to share smiles, grins & growing pains with. It sounds like a Win/Win/Win situation to me. Here's to Growing Together! Forgive me, but I truly am a music aholic and can't help but hear "The more we get together, together, together, the more we get together the happier we'll be" and on that note I'm off to get ready to see the dr at dawn and then to plant the babies, as far as I know, I'll be back.

Good Morning!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      It's A little funny how I started reading BU2B 's posts and I thought I sure would like to meet this guy someday. He knows a lot about a lot! I even mentioned it once on here and to my surprise I got a PM from him that we were only about 250 miles apart which is still driving distance overnite trip and we should meet sometime. The rest is history as is said. Now we've become good friends and to the point, I have certainly learned a lot. Sharing an interest and working together is indeed much better and more fun than solo. I'm just a little too old to ever absorb all this guy knows about growing weed. Definitely find a grow buddy and your load will be lightened!
      Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 01-12-2022, 11:13 AM.

Before and after planting seed batch 2. Now both jiffy pods have two seedlings each. We’ll see how that plays out. Suzie is looking good. Hazel still looks a bit puny but Hazel #2 should be popping her head up soon.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	8FC09305-B732-4F72-9197-E1D877749BE4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	553001
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2616D11D-745C-4A9B-BBE5-DCB771E96AC5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	553002
    Click image for larger version  Name:	C08711B6-6FE0-4181-89B7-61F81447D5A0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.23 MB ID:	553000
    Last edited by BU2B; 01-12-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Suzie #1 is gonna pull through. She has roots sticking out of the side of the net pot. oh man... that means 2 in that tub -

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      What else would one expect from a grower with the "cannabis touch"?

Comment

• Ckbrew
      Ckbrew commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a bit of a stretch, let's hope.

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing is believable concerning Covid now. The so called experts paid off by big pharma to push the never ending shots that are proving to be less and less effective daily. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask, oh crap wear your masks again. Governments around the globe using Covid to increase their power over citizens and cram communism down everyone’s throats. Yea, I’ll do my part and smoke more weed

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      This is ALMOST light hearted. Keep in mind this was pushed to my browser by the same folks that posted the story that starramus mentioned last week or so. NO human studies have been done, this is all in lab. I would also point out that if you'ld ask someone from Washington State which was hit hard and is legal they would be rolling their eyes and clucking their tongues at this one.

This land is Your Land, If I had a Hammer... (both written by a communist) TRUTH is still truth, stubbing your toe still hurts, hearts still break ... AND mend what else can you do in times like these?

Comment

Meanwhile back in Arizona, after 3 days my seeds have germinated in paper towels with a 3/4 in tap root so I put them in dirt. I've never had tap roots this long before and I found I could pick them up with a toothpick thru the root curl and position how I please. Handling them after germ has been an issue for me but i'm over it now. I germed 4 Critical Mass photo fems so now I will have 2 too many if they all come up. I may put 2 each into two 7 gal bags. BU2B has 2 in each pod so that's fair, lol. I'll have to be on my best game here!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220113_122714.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	553134Click image for larger version

Name:	20220113_190842.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	553135

I'm wondering now if I shouldn't go back to autos! These photos are even slower than I remember! Maybe when I see a great yield I'll change my mind again, lol !!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

After a slow start the race limps forward:
        the two suzies (ppk) and the two hazels (pb) from top to bottom:

Click image for larger version  Name:	0C47DF48-1EC8-4AEA-84D4-00E11E076A78.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	553140Click image for larger version  Name:	737E9ECB-9F9C-4C89-854D-7F954A2A7D9F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	553139
        Click image for larger version  Name:	1C9026E3-FDC4-4D33-B0A4-DFFE41383F78.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	881.7 KB ID:	553141Click image for larger version  Name:	5B68CF44-1C8F-49DF-A489-C3593199EA63.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	553142
        These 3 things saved these two seedlings. Rooting hormone 3mg, hydroguard 10ml and ph balanced water was lightly sprayed on ailing seedlings and the soil directly surrounding them.

Name:	B01E31CF-2FA2-433C-8549-F2F933D00725.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	553144
        Last edited by BU2B; 01-13-2022, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Today all 4 new seeds have sprouted and are growing. One has helmet head but It's trying hard to shed it. I have to decide within 2 weeks when I transplant what to do with them. I'm in three 7 gal pots so I may put 2 in 2 of them. I'll decide then whether to keep or toss them tho I don't like to do this with $10 seeds.

Name:	Resized_20220115_123002_5183.jpeg
Views:	387
Size:	898.2 KB
ID:	553338

Right now I'm leaning toward doubling two pots though they may require some extreme manifold and lst. I think I know enough to be successful at this time. Almost twice the water and teas and watch like a hawk!

Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are the rules two plants and two 'containers' only?

• BU2B
            BU2B commented
            Editing a comment
            OMG! There are rules? I think the hope was and still is for us both to grow at least one of the same strain; one in wonder soil and one in deep water culture hydro.

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            The only rule is grow the best Purple Bubba you can in your particular medium for a comparison. It's really all in fun. Actually I wound up with 4 additional photo of a diff strain just to fill out my grow when I needed two because I sprouted extra to be sure and of course these all came up and I can't throw them out as it's the last of my seed supply for now Puglover1.

Sorry for the delay folks - my computer had a bit of a meltdown. All that can be done is or has been done so all is well. The girls are looking good. The two Suzies are doing exceptionally well. I regret to inform you that Hazel #1 went kicking and screaming with her tiny yellow leaves pointing defiantly to the sky. Photos and more blather hopefully coming from the computer keyboard instead of the phone by tomorrow. Happy Pharming!

Name:	F4745483-480C-4C32-9E2A-8874F6941E08.gif
Views:	246
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	553536

Comment

Just a quickie update...overnite the 4 new girls bolted some so I will add more soil to fill and have additional rooting. I usually start them in solo cups about 3/4 full for this reason. I also lowered the light from 15" to 12" to stop the reaching. As I have 2 extra I am going to put 2 into two 7 gal bag to grow out with some heavy training. The largest one is the Purple Bubba which is about a week older than the new ones and has it's second node growing. It will have it's own 7 gal pot. Three 7 gal pots under three 100w q panels.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220117_094254.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.31 MB ID:	553615
            Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 01-17-2022, 12:53 PM.

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Here’s the girls as of this evening. The two Suzies and lonely Hazel.

Name:	5359E519-5C62-4496-A6E8-6896F4D35672.jpeg
Views:	339
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	553708Click image for larger version

Name:	B569C421-C062-4162-BFA1-47520B0A8BB9.jpeg
Views:	333
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	553709

Name:	2A0B8207-58C0-4B75-ABEC-1C5B8D6DE397.jpeg
Views:	343
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	553710Click image for larger version

Name:	4145CFFD-747C-4D01-9013-2DE8593F7237.jpeg
Views:	350
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	553707

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                TOKABIGONE commented
                Editing a comment
                I see Susie 1 has 3 nodes working on 4th so you're still a week ahead. The others are even.

Warning the following post contains images of death, disfigurement and mutations occurring after birth and may not be appropriate for all audiences. Viewer discretion is advised.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	90E80360-3489-4A4A-B0F2-AECC70C6AC7A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	553729
              As far as I know we’re the only species that even thinks this;
              Doesn’t she look so natural?!

Comment

Holy hell. .,.... Hey man that is totally NSFW.
                keeping it green with the soil thing
                love me some frosty autos
                braap
                BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
                Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
                the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
                blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Think of the childern!!!
                  Coconut Grove
                  4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                  4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                  32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                  Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

All three girls have roots in the water and should really start taking off now. Hazel has twice as many roots as 24 hours ago, so there’s not much chance of her not making it. A plan has been formulating since I realized both Suzies we’re gonna make it. If nothing else it should be interesting. Happy Pharming! Thanks for showing up to watch the grass grow - next post in a few days for me.

Comment

Good Morning GWE!

I started the countdown earlier as to when to expect a harvest with a starting date of January 5th - as the start date for Suzie #2 is about 5 days after that. For counting purposes I’m counting today as day 10 for me. Which from this end will make the official starting date 10 of January 2022. Harvest should be about Mid May.

For the Suzies the plan is to grow each of them out as half a plant so that together they equal 1 plant in the tub. I haven’t done any topping yet, but soon. As you will see from the pictures training has already begun on the Suzies.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	4A936CE6-A451-4970-B88E-2A64584167AE.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	553973
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	480E4602-6D98-4441-BFED-1283D7E4EB88.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	553974
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	F6C4D673-A567-4C06-B0AC-B785383CD89B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	553975
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	D64458E6-1ECE-4005-8478-48A3F9A736AC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	553976

Click image for larger version  Name:	372122D3-8CB3-4058-A07B-0649CE0175E9.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.79 MB ID:	553977
                      The Suzie Scheme
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	TheSuzieScheme.jpg Views:	9 Size:	86.4 KB ID:	553994
                      Last edited by BU2B; 01-21-2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X