No announcement yet.

Grow Tent Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh! It's a wonderful thing, if you're thinking about buying it, I definitely suggest spend your money on it. It's well worth it! The biggest advantage of grow tents is that you can put a small garden almost anywhere in your apartment. Since I love growing plants, but I live in an apartment, I bought a best indoor grow tent and now I can grow not only ornamental plants, but also mint, rosemary and even now I try to grow tomatoes! After all, homemade vegetables and herbs are much better than the chemical and tasteless substrate that comes in supermarkets.
    Last edited by richardoner; 01-25-2022, 03:03 AM.

Comment

I’m going to take a different route, to try to help. If your new and unsure of what you want/need, or are tight on cash (who isn’t), perhaps the good ones don’t make sense right away. I 100% would have a gorilla or Secret G, I normally like to buy quality stuff and keep it along time. I’ve seen them in person they are much better quality than the no names, they are also much more expensive .
      I have had my Vivosun 3x3 for almost 2 year with constant use it was 120$ Canadian shipped from Jeff our buddy 😉. I wanted another odd size tent to start this year to fit my space better and provide a bit more room for extra gear, the only choice was real expensive or no name. I got my 3x4 Opulent grow tent in the fall for about $175. Both are about 6’ tall. So far so good.
      I accept these are cheaper and I am carful to not overload , but believe me I load it a bit. Also you take a risk that the cheap ones show up damaged, I suspect more do , but mine did not However it gets you growing and on the learning path. if your decide growing is not for you, or you learn you made the wrong choice (like me), you won’t have broken the bank.
      I say save on tent, spend on light.
      Hope that’s helpful. Grow on!
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

I just got two tents this year. The first a no name 30x30x60" and the second AC Infinity 2x4x6' (fits in a bifold door closet).

The 60" height is borderline for the Veg stage as you will have the lights all the way up at the end. Same with the 6' one in flower.

But AC Infinity makes some good tents and not terribly expensive. Great customer service too.

Comment

Whatever brand you go with make sure the HEIGHT is going to work with your lighting and if you plan on upgrading (which is going to happen) you will need the HEIGHT. Also instead of thinking 60 inches is 5 feet actually get a tape measure out and take way height for your growing container and room for the light to safely hang…60 inches doesn’t go far and you will eventually need a filter and fan so you need room for that in the width. Long story short my first tent was way too small but is a great starter/veg tent now.

Comment

I just got a 2x4x6' one and it is still too short for the 100w flat LEDs

Comment

Firstly, i would agree that buying best you can afford is generally always recommended.

Though my only bit of advice for if the Premium Brand Name tents are looking abit too expensive, is still have a read through all the Premium tent descriptions and get used to what features they offer & materials used, etc, as then if you do end up browsing the cheaper, non-Premium tents, you at least know what to expect and can assess & compare features better.

There are a helluva alot of cheap, MiC Amazon bargain tents out there which will 99% of the time will be a literal waste of money - yet there are also a handful of smaller US, Canadian or European manufacturers who aren't a known name but are producing quality - i got a new great quality unknown name UK made 120cm x 90cm tent for £70 off Ebay which the seller had bulk bought a load at some bankruptcy auction, but because i knew what good tents should offer, then i could tell he was being genuine in his description that they normally retail for £180+ - it offered the same as Premium tents round the £220 - £250 mark.

I would also recommend Ebay anyway as alot of people sell 2nd hand equipment cheap or again sellers may have picked up BNIB items via auction or bankruptcy deals, etc - as with all 2nd hand you do need an appraising eye, though it can be cheaper and Ebay usually offers good refund policy if not description matching too.
              Last edited by DaGreenBlazer; 01-23-2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X