Grow Tent Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow Tent Questions

There is so much information out there about grow tents, can anyone reccommend a set up they haveenjoyed? I can't break the bank here but any ideas are welcome. Also i am having trouble finding any 40= wattage CFL's, ay idea where i should get them. I'm guessing Amazon, but theres so much to go through even using their filters.

Hi Ambrosia,

I'm new here too, but so far this my story. I ended up buying a Gorilla tent, a 2ft by 2.5ft by like 70 inches. That size worked for me - it is small, I have 2 auto growing in it now. You might be able to grow three?? For now my needs are small and if I do a continuous grow and some Outdoor grows I should be alright, eventually, quantity wise.

But that's me.

My recommendations, (based on a lot of help from this forum).
    Think of what you want to accomplish.
    Buy the biggest tent you can afford.
    Stay away from the Lite Versions of the tents.

As far as your budget goes: You will most likely need accessories for your tent:

Lights -- probably more important than the tent, and could be a big part of your budget.
    You will need some type of gauge for humidity and temperature, I use a AcuRite 00613 Indoor Humidity Monitor -- amazon -- walmart like 10 bucks.
    You will need a fan -- depending upon your size tent
    Depending upon where you live - some type of humidifier.
    Depending on your situation -- some sort of carbon filter.

So my story kind of goes like this -- After reading, I decided on LED light and mixed in some cfls, soil stuff, seeds, ph kits and so on and started my first plants.
    Then had a bug up my ass about a tent -- I don't really need to hide anything but it puts everything in a convenient space and I believe in my case creates a controlled area for temp,humidity and light.
    So bought the tent I wanted and then found out I needed the accessories.
    Temperature was getting up to 85 during the day, the humidity was only %30. For a while I would raise and lower the lights to control the temp, but the humidity was off - so purchased a small humidifier, but the humidity stayed towards the top of the tent, so then a small fan to circulate the humidity throughout the tent.

But, now I am running from 77 to 81 degrees humidity about 52% and a gentle breeze on the girls to circulate the humidity and make the stems strong. Since doing all that - my two girls have take off and look great.

Sorry about the dissertation, just hope I gave you something to think about and you learn from my experience.

Good Luck!!! and Read!!!!!

Comment

• Åmbrosia
      Åmbrosia commented
      Editing a comment
      No apologies, thank you so much for all the helpful information.

Those Gorilla tents are GREAT QUALITY!!! I own two of the 2 foot by 4 foot and 6 feet 11 inch tall . The heavy duty model has 1,600 D fabric!!!.. I bet it will last for many years!!!. Mine came with the 2 foot extension kit (two of them). My celling is too short for the extensions, I grow autos for myself so the set up works great!!

Comment

I love my Secret Jardin tents. I have four and they all get the job done.

Comment

Take a look at Agromax tents from HTG supply; I bought an XL and I'm very happy with it!

HTG Supply has indoor grow tents for growing your own herbs and plants. Make sure your next harvest the best with the right indoor grow tent from our selection.

Agromax XL tent, Sun System lo-pro Mag XXXL, SolisTek Matrix ballast, SolisTek MH/HPS bulbs, GH Flora Trio, CO2 bag, 3 gal Air-Pots.

Comment

5 foot 10 inches tall is short isn't it? I got 6 feet 11 inches mine is too tall.

Comment

I've used harden and gorilla. Gorilla is superior in quality I think.
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• Monkey Allen
              Monkey Allen commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree, but the regular gorilla line is a lot more. On Amazon a 4x4 SJ tent is $224 and gorilla's is $403.

• Beach_Town_Brit
              Beach_Town_Brit commented
              Editing a comment
              I find the Gorilla lite line to be of great quality too. However, if you have the height for the full gorilla tent then check the prices as the full line might be the same cost as the lite + its height extension and you may well end up buying the extension so ...

Yes, but the Jardin is very lite by comparison IMHO
            i like them both...
            Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
            Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
            GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
            photoperiod feminized seeds
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
            http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

What's a better fabric to have In ur tent 1600D or mylar?

Comment

Comment

1,600-D is heavy SHOULD LAST YEARS!!!1

Comment

HOW THICK ARE THE Jardin tents600-D?

Comment

• Monkey Allen
                      Monkey Allen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Their hobby line is 210D and their professional line is 600D.

I have two of each and have had equally successful grows in all, growing both photos and autos. Although, I agree that the lighter tents will not last as long as a 600D tent.

• Monkey Allen
                      Monkey Allen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gorilla tents are 1680D!!!!

1,680-D Should last for many years and many harvests!

Comment

The fabric alone on the 2 foot by 4 foot Gorilla tent weighs 40 POUNDS!!!!!!

Comment

I understand the gorilla tent roof will support well over 300 pounds as well! This will come in handy next time the in-laws are in town (from Wankertown!!!)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X