Nutes after defoliation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutes after defoliation

After an early flower stage defoliation, is it a good idea or nonconsequential to give a shot of veg nutes?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Dunno but I can guarantee you it's non denominational.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I wasn't looking to be dominated, wacko!

Early flower girls get hungry, feed them something!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Oh, sure. I've got some good flowering stuff ready. I guess there isn't much recovery N would be useful for. Flowering nutes it is TOBone! You better be right, comrade.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm always right jinger, you know that!

yup...early flower should be lower on the nitrogen and higher on the P & K...defoliating won't change how she takes in nutrients unless you are feeding via foliar spray
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I know defoliation isn't about taking more nutes. I always figure recovery time after I do any sort of trimming and wondered if N would be helpful. As you people are helping me think, I'm over it.

Never tried it, just fed regular bloom schedule. Why would you want to?
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Please see post #5.1, CKB.

I think it is a good question. I am a soil grower and usually follow a feed-feed-water pattern and I always feed on the day I defoliate even on a water day.. Not sure if it is superstition or science but I always feed when I cut them back and so far it seems like the plants respond really well.

Comment

Thanks billyboy . When I mention recovery, I'm talking about all the open wounds after defoliation. Get me? Maybe an extra dose of N with flowering P-K? First nutes after defoliation, only?
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• billyboy
          billyboy commented
          Editing a comment
          I just moved to adding Cha Ching (once a week after Beasite Bloomz in very early flower) and it is 9 - 50 - 10. Not specifically for defoliation but generally to get N better represented in the nute package during flower because I thought there was premature yellowing and I wanted to let the flowers have a longer bloom to get more amber. I never thought specifically about pushing N as a way to heal better from defoliation - I just guessed that if they were fed and healthy, they'd take care of themselves. Maybe Super Glue is the way to go - ? But I never saw any issues/need because they always seem to take off after a good trim

Has anyone ever tried super glue to seal cuts or when a split node happens? It works on a cut on your hand. I may try it in a couple days when I chop; just for giggles. I wonder if it would transfer toxins to the plant? Hmmm...
        Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
        Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
        Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
        Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
        Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
        i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
        My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
        make pH correction unnecessary
        Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
        8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
        Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
        Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Just answered my question with Google. The answer is yes! People are doing it with all kinds of plants. Find a way to brace or hold the wound together for a week and it should be good as new. Ha, a new form of training...Stress with Gorilla Glue! LMAO!

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          In school, we had something called Zap. It's a Superglue accelerant. The moisture in the stem might interfere with slower glue curing? In school, I mean architecture. We bought X-Acto knives by the pound for model making. Bottles of SG were all over the studios.

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          IDK, maybe that's why they say a week. Super glue is usually bullet proof in 24 hrs.

TOKABIGONE If I brace and hold a wound together, without SG, it will heal in a week.

Granny's Cold Cure - YouTube
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup yer right! Done it a couple times myself. It was just a curiosity thing so I looked and as I expected it is used often on larger branches like fruit trees when they split from weight.

Even in flower, I give a small amount of veg nutes until weeks 4-5 of flower to help keep the leaves green as long as possible

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X