First time grower:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First time grower:

Hello, as the subject says I'm a first time grower. I got some seeds from my cousin and just went at it. Read more than I can handle via the web but it has been a huge help. I just want some reassurance from an expert or two. My plants are 4 weeks old. I have had them in this grow tent from the beginning. I keep the humidity around 60-65%, temp around 68-70 degrees and the lights are on 24/7 (Read either 24 or 18) Been giving them Big Grow 2 times a week. I have struggled with over watering and under watering, sucks I know. I keep a fan blowing in there to make their stems strong. Some of my plants look o-k and others look bad. What recommendations can you give? I will do whatever is in the best interest of my babies lol Also, aren't they really short for being a month old? Thanks for anyone willing to take some time and answer a few questions. Also should I prune away the dead/yellow leaves? Thanks.

Hey Lastwords . Tell us about your soil.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Pic #5 looks very saturated. Yes like @Gingebeard is saying, tell us more about the type of soil.
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Gingerbeard and Farmbuck are being very gracious here. I don't know what that slurry is that you seemingly poured over your soil is, but it looks like some kind of mortar or adobe mud. If those were my plants I'd pry that stuff up as quickly as possible and build a house. Oxygen is vitally important to root systems and that stuff isn't going to allow much breathing.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          CB, could have been dug up from a yard growing something else? Lots of folks around here have tried it. But just between you and me, I agree. Maybe we shouldn't tell Lastwords to top off the soil/dirt?

I took up dirt from back yard, dug a wide hole and put down Happy Frog soil in it. Just to cut down on filling the bags.

Comment

all kinds of issue could be lurking it that soil but I digress...need more info on your set up and watering PH levels etc.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X