Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using two lighrts in a 39" tent.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using two lighrts in a 39" tent.........

a friend gave me his LED light and I have my previous CMH 315 watt. I thought I;d see if I could yield more than a pound with one plant. Typically I get 12 ounces with just the CMH. I have one Purple Panty Dropper going and I'll top it and train multiple times for a large, low veg.

What do you think? is this too much light? Will it harm the plant? Click image for larger version

Name:	20211129_104103[1].jpg
Views:	185
Size:	3.63 MB
ID:	548432
    complete beginner
    39" x 39" x 78" tent
    315 Watt CMH
    4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
    Automatic top feed into coco.
    Mega Crop nutes

adding more light could be a benefit as long as you compensate for the added heat and proper training of the plant
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

It looks like an experiment! See if the CMH side grows differently than the LED.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by dilvish View Post
        adding more light could be a benefit as long as you compensate for the added heat and proper training of the plant
        what training do you suggest for this?
        complete beginner
        39" x 39" x 78" tent
        315 Watt CMH
        4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
        Automatic top feed into coco.
        Mega Crop nutes

Comment

• dilvish
          dilvish commented
          Editing a comment
          manifolding (photos only) or LST you can read up on both on the main site

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          yes, I've done a few manifolds, they work great but re a lot of time/work for the results. I've been getting the same yields with LST, topping, cola separation and lolipopping. That quad manifold works well, too nut damn that;s a lot of time. Still might do something like that. It is clean

Sounds like you're working with a canopy of 1 sq. meter. I have found that running my room with ambient co2 levels, a ppfd of 750-1000 umole/m/s2 is about the max most of the strains I've run will tolerate. Without being able to enrich co2 levels, higher ppfd didn't add much weight and stressed the plants.
        The 315 cmh should be able to output about 500 umoles after reflector losses.
        That means I wouldn't add more than 500 umoles.
        although you didn't mention what type of led fixture you added, it appears to be a modern panel type with good diodes.
        A 240-watt fixture should be able to generate about 500 umoles, so I would monitor the plant for light stress.
        I like to grow my girls in rdwc, and with a few toppings and a couple of layers of trellis, it'll be a veritable forest of buds.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Cronk
          Cronk commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for that info. CO2 isn't an option for me right now. I don't have a closed system. I may do that trellis thing. I did one layer last grow and really though 2 would be the ticket. I didn't trim the lower colas enough, at least the lower trellis would be my trim level and everything above would be buds

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X