No announcement yet.

The Birthday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woo-hoo!!! Puglover1 !!! Happy birthday!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Thanks Gingerbeard ! Three days before Christmas, I always got the combo presents, after waiting 362 days every year, and never in class in early grade school to pass out birthday candy. My maternal grandmother didn't drive, she was waiting for me to be old enough to drive to take her shopping, or to visit her friend in the next town. My grandpa was nice to us kids, not so much to grandma. She died on the morning of my 16th birthday, the day I was legal to drive. Fifty years ago today, now you know how old I am.

This was me on my 60th b'day, getting ready to go out on a cold, icy night to help serve a Christmas dinner to families at the homeless shelter, and spend time meeting them. It was a rewarding experience. Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	766.7 KB
ID:	550761
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        My youngest was born on the same day! The only advantage as his parent was that you could fold in birthday and Christmas shopping together. Of course, we still had to wrap the birthday stuff in non-holiday paper and keep his birthday as separate and special as possible.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        UndergroundFarmer Poor kid. As a kid you were always on break from school on your birthday. As an adult everyone was too busy getting ready for Christmas. I was in the nursery with 3 girls, born Dec 20, 21 and 22, we were in school together from kindergarten through high school, still friends. But they're moms, grandmas and now a great grandma - still no time.

• OldManGrower
        OldManGrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Happy Day Puglover1. Enjoy it like it's gonna be your last.

Giving to others on your birthday. You're alright in my book, lady! Me and my bad math skills, I'da figured you were 27 if you hadn't given the clue.
      My first wife was a Dec 23 birthday. An expensive time of year.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Here have a pair of socks, 1 for your Bday and 1 for Christmas., Sucks!

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        You too, Rwise ?

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya, born 12/23, not recommended. A friends Bday is July 4th, now thats a good bday.

Just a heads up that my birthday is in two months.
      I know a lot of you right coasters won't see this until morning. Still, time enough.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll try to remember that. My oldest "son" has his 7th birthday in four weeks.

Just a reminder. You have one day less than a full shopping month until my birthday.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        pssssssfffttt or what ever LOL

14 days, people! 14 days.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I was born on January 1st. Pissed my Dad off as I missed the cut off for the previous years tax deduction. He never forgave me and reminded me about it for his entire life. When my second daughter is going to be born in late December or Early January, he used to call me up and chuckle on the phone without saying a word and then hang up. Fooled him, she was born in late December. I miss his constant reminders of how much I cost him by being 21 hours late.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Two friends were accidentally pg, she was divorced with two little girls, he was single, a laborer. We all had gone to school together. I talked them into getting hitched on Dec 31st so he could get more income taxes returned. I gave them $100 for a motel room that night, they were really hurting.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X