Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have purple in early flowers is this "normal"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have purple in early flowers is this "normal"?

I just noticed this today. All of the flowers on one of 4 clones has purple at the beginning of the sugar leaves, not at the tips. The plant is healthy and is fed and watered along with the others. I'm just hoping that it is a genetic thing. All of the plants came from bag seeds a friend gave me. The parents made good oil, but none of them did this. The one big difference with this batch is climate. These are growing at a pretty steady 65 degrees F. The humidity is a little high, about 60%, but I've never had any issues with mold. The other picture is how the other 4 plants look. Just curious, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211029_175524.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	842.4 KB
ID:	544905Click image for larger version

Name:	20211029_175614.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	778.1 KB
ID:	544907

Attached Files

I'd be doing the Hokey-Pokey if I had those flowers. What's the strain?

How to Grow Pink or Purple Cannabis Buds | Grow Weed Easy
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• bmeuptoo
      bmeuptoo commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no idea what strain, but if it keeps up I may try a reveg clone. Like I said, it was bag seed and these are five clones from different mothers. This is the only one with the purple out of the 7 originals and these 5 clones. But I guess you don't see the purple as a problem, most likely a throw back to it's parents?
      Last edited by bmeuptoo; 10-29-2021, 06:28 PM.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Genetics.

Lucky You! That is going to make some beautiful bud.
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I've seen this before. Just a mutation. grow on. It may turn out very nice.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Don’t listen to them! What you have there is very poisonous and must be handled properly by someone with experience. Pm me your address and I’ll be happy to come collect and dispose of free of charge.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X