Oil rig repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil rig repair

The mouthpiece of my rig has developed a teeny little chip in the edge. It's just big enough to grab one of the hairs under my lip.
    My only experience with trying to rough out a sharp piece of glass wound up with broken glass and a small cut. Granted, the file on toenail clippers was not the best tool choice. Mia culpa.
    Is there anything homeopathic I can use to rough out the chip? Or is this a job for superfine sandpaper? I know I can hone a knife to razor with blue jeans but I don't think that's a solution.
    And before you funny people get the chance to say it, no, I'm not trimming by beard. Nor am I buying a new rig. Or borrowing, renting, or stealing one. Not going to jury rig something up. I will not quit dabbing.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Do you have one of those sharpening sticks that come with a knife set? Might work?
    DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
    TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
    Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
    10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
    50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
    8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
    2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
    w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
    2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
    2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
    GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
    Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
    . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
    Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Can you put E-6000 or something to fill in glass cracks in the spot? The 'rainforest' has things I never knew existed for weird repairs.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing E-6000 is some sort of epoxy Puglover1 ? It's such a very tiny chip. Half or quarter of a pinhead. Anything I filled it with would stick out like a bump.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Could you syringe a product into the spot? Would a slight bump be worse then the crack? E-6000 is an adhesive used by crafters but people use it for many things. The cat kneaded his claws on a fake leather chair's arms, I glued the loose 'points' down and filled in the rest with E-6000 with a skewer and smoothed it out with a popsicle stick, I could paint over it and it'd look fine. I fixed a puppy-chewed MCM vinyl bench with it, painted it, nobody would know. Crazy pug ate into the sides of a doggy bed, I filled in missing material with E-6000, glued the corners together, clamped it until dry with binder clips. Lasted pretty long but he knows the weak spots to attack now. There are many sizes: https://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Precis...DING_ADHESIVES

I've done repairs on glass pieces by using a torch...map gas if it's pyrex. Fixed a crack in a favorite chillum of mine that way. Worked great until it met its final fate landing on a concrete floor

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish there was a traveling glass cleaner. Mine are all dirty and I just don't feel like it. I bought a new bong bowl today just to have a clean one. All of my chillums are filthy. Those concrete floors and OP's dropping my ceramic hash bowls never leave my memory. I can't find them for sale anymore.

How about a drop of fingernail polish, the clear stuff
    or use a ceramic stone to polish out the sharp edges

Comment

Put a drop of super glue on it. while it is still wet, sprinkle baking soda on it. It will set up like a rock.You can add more layers if needed.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Another option would be UV activated glue. Put it where you want it, shine the UV light on it, instant curing into solid.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Did I mentioned you trimming your beard ? Non just cut it..!
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I install glass rail systems and from time to time they get a chip. This is what I use to make them disappear. 5 minutes and it's gone.
            Micro MESH Soft Touch Sanding Pads https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H6EC4C...TJSD0J873J242B
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I'm gong with PLreef on this one, kids. Anything I buy needs to be good for something other than it's intended need. Fillers and such, I have no other need for and can't remember a time when I've needed them.
              Soft sandpaper pads look the trick. I can think around my place and remember other chips that need a workover.
              All please ignore Farmbuck
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6
              Nutes
              CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Sure, FB. You won.

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Joke aside I don't use mine anymore. Not sure why !! Maybe I'm getting too old or too lazy to clean it. Notice Ginger my mood is changing cuz I'm getting ready for the cold and that damn snow in a couple of weeks. If I go down south it won't be until the end of January.
                Last edited by Farmbuck; 10-29-2021, 02:19 PM.

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I missed the whole PPppFFffTTtt thing while I was gone. New or old 'had to be there' joke?

An earlier version of the song I know. But you get the gist @Farmbuck

"In the Dock Boggs song - "Down South Blues" he has the lyric

I'm going to the station
              Going to catch the fastest train that goes
              I'm a-going back South
              Where the weather suits my clothes…"

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6
              Nutes
              CalMag

Comment

Yep the old banjo mon ami.

Listen to the official audio of Dock Boggs' "Down South Blues" from the 1964 'Legendary Singer and Banjo Player' album on Smithsonian Folkways.'Legendary Sin...
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Thinking of what I have on hand. I might take a piece of large diameter shrink wrap for sealing wire and place it over end of mouth piece heat so it shrinks and conforms to shape of end and hope for the best.

Comment

Puglover1 "PPppFFffTTtt " is from another thread. Maybe one of Farmbuck 's showoff posts of his autos or hash or some nonsense. He got a bit kerfuffled at something. He might have been giving us raspberries.
                    But if you google "PPppFFffTTtt " you get a couple thousand hits.
                    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6
                    Nutes
                    CalMag

Comment

• Farmbuck
                      Farmbuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You want me to rebuttal ?

• Farmbuck
                      Farmbuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh by the way are we still on the subject of "PPppFFffTTtt " shit ? It's been now over a few threads ago or more and we are still talking about it ?? Really ?? Amazing what a PPppFFffTTtt can do !!

Pardons mon français!!

Oh, heck no, Farmbuck baby! I was filling our pug loving friend in on the brief and intimate history of PPppFFffTTtt in the annals of the GWE Forum. And it's 11 posts in this thread. There is 'Thread Zero' with the original mention of PPppFFffTTtt.
                    You can rebut. You can even retaliate. At what? Was I untrue? Was I unkind, mere yaar?
                    (I said annals)
                    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                    3x3x6
                    Nutes
                    CalMag

Comment

• Farmbuck
                      Farmbuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I see the "PPppFFffTTtt" expression may well be use in future threads.. Naaaaa I ain't gonna rebut.

• Gingerbeard
                      Gingerbeard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very wise choice. (Insert winking smiley here)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X