Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadlyFruit
    replied
    PLReef installs glass stuff so I am sure his suggestion is best but if it were me and I didn’t want to have to buy anything I would look through my house for one of the below items I am pretty sure I have.
    -Dremel (my favourite tool - if you already have one they mostly come with some attachments that would grind and buff)
    -contact cement to fill the crack (it may stick out a bit but it is probably going to be easier to smooth down than glass - fine silicon carbide sandpaper might do it)
    -new skin (this stuff is basically contact cement but is meant for closing cuts - hurts like an MFer going on but works and then just buff it down as if it were contact cement)
    -for a temp fix if the chipped part doesn’t get too hot you could put on a little piece of foil tape - not a long term fix

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Very wise choice. (Insert winking smiley here)

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    I see the "PPppFFffTTtt" expression may well be use in future threads.. Naaaaa I ain't gonna rebut.

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Oh, heck no, Farmbuck baby! I was filling our pug loving friend in on the brief and intimate history of PPppFFffTTtt in the annals of the GWE Forum. And it's 11 posts in this thread. There is 'Thread Zero' with the original mention of PPppFFffTTtt.
    You can rebut. You can even retaliate. At what? Was I untrue? Was I unkind, mere yaar?
    (I said annals)

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Oh by the way are we still on the subject of "PPppFFffTTtt " shit ? It's been now over a few threads ago or more and we are still talking about it ?? Really ?? Amazing what a PPppFFffTTtt can do !!

Pardons mon français!!

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    You want me to rebuttal ?

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Puglover1 "PPppFFffTTtt " is from another thread. Maybe one of Farmbuck 's showoff posts of his autos or hash or some nonsense. He got a bit kerfuffled at something. He might have been giving us raspberries.
    But if you google "PPppFFffTTtt " you get a couple thousand hits.

Leave a comment:

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    I missed the whole PPppFFffTTtt thing while I was gone. New or old 'had to be there' joke?

• Poppa
    replied
    Thinking of what I have on hand. I might take a piece of large diameter shrink wrap for sealing wire and place it over end of mouth piece heat so it shrinks and conforms to shape of end and hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    replied
    Yep the old banjo mon ami.

Listen to the official audio of Dock Boggs' "Down South Blues" from the 1964 'Legendary Singer and Banjo Player' album on Smithsonian Folkways.'Legendary Sin...

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    An earlier version of the song I know. But you get the gist @Farmbuck

"In the Dock Boggs song - "Down South Blues" he has the lyric

I'm going to the station
    Going to catch the fastest train that goes
    I'm a-going back South
    Where the weather suits my clothes…"

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Joke aside I don't use mine anymore. Not sure why !! Maybe I'm getting too old or too lazy to clean it. Notice Ginger my mood is changing cuz I'm getting ready for the cold and that damn snow in a couple of weeks. If I go down south it won't be until the end of January.
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 10-29-2021, 02:19 PM.

• Gingerbeard
    commented on 's reply
    Sure, FB. You won.

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    So I won TOKABIGONE ?

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Damn Farmbuck, you made him squirm!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X