Lower leaves turning yellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Lower leaves turning yellow

Hi I'm currently flowering a mother plant, in week 5 of flowering, since week 1 been having trouble with lower leaves turning yellow. They eventually wilt, go brown curl up and die. Usually they pull off easily. Lost quite a few this way and the problem is working its way up to the top leaves.

I read about nitrogen deficiency so have been feeding extra nutrients, including calmag supplement, but problem still persists.

​​​​​​Leaves start to turn yellow at the stalk and spread down leaf. Not had this problem with the regular plants, is it because it's a mother? Any help much appreciated.

Growing in coco
    600w led

Feeding 5l water every 2 days with
    -20ml Canna a+b,
    12.5ml Cannazym,
    7.5ml pk 13/14
    20ml Cannaboost,
    5ml CalMag supplement

pH water to around 5.5-6.0 after adding nutrients
    Around 21-15⁰c and 45-55% humidity

Early stage of yellowing

Later stage. Some leaves turn much yellower, then turn brown, shrivel up and die

Forgot to add.. been doing a foliar spray a few times with nitrogen, CalMag and Cannaboost, but it's not really helped.

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait, foliar spray on flowering plant? I dont think that is causing your issue but that is a recipe for bud rot IMO.

How to Stop Flowering Stage Nutrient Deficiencies | Grow Weed Easy
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Hi Custom45
      Does any of your nutes or supplements have Sulfur in them? Just a guess.
      Problem: A cannabis sulfur deficiency causes yellowing of leaves, usually starting with the newer leaves. At first it may look like a nitrogen deficiency.
      Past Grows: Jack 47 Auto - La Bella Afrodita - Black Cream and Cheese Autos
      I like weed and science.

Comment

I am not typically a fan of foliar sprays beyond pest control but I can’t honestly say if I have a bias or if there is anything negative about it. With that said I think it more likely a pH problem triggering nute deficiency(s). How do you measure your pH? If you use a digital pen type device, when did you last calibrate it and what is the pH of your runoff water? I learned the hard way how far off a pH tester can slip without regular calibration (every few weeks is probably enough depending on the device and how you use it).

Comment

Hey, y'all. The clue is being in week 5 of flowering. Any nutrient issues, at this point, are common. They are in the autumns of their lives and are turning color as some plants do. Any discolored or damaged leaves will fall off. Don't fret. Since you're in mid-late flowering, your plants are more concerned with flower development. I don't know the nutes you're using. Are they veg of flower nutes?
          Foliar sprays are great for vegging, not so much in flowering. One, the same issue with regular feeding: your plant doesn't care about fan leaves. Two, it's not good to get foliar spray on your buds. The moisture can cause mold and rot and junk, and you don't want nute residue in your buds.
          I've never dealt with sulfur issues. The link JeffInCanada provided says sulfur issues appear in new growth. JIC's issues are starting low and working their way up.

Can you get a picture of the whole plant Custom45 ?
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

I would try increasing your ph to around 6.2- 6.3. I grow in coco/perlite and 6.2 is my base, i'll fluctuate a bit from there but try to stay above 6. https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph#hydroponic-soilless-pH
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X