Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally growing again

Right!
    In the picture are six of the strains you see in my grow information. Plus two 'marigolds' that are a new strain in the 'marigold' industry. The others are either tomatoes or basil or a mystery seed a friend gave me. Said it might be leek. You see, growing more than six weed plants is unlegal in CA. And I sure as heck don't want to break any state or federal drug laws, by gumb!
    7 of 8 seeds cracked in water, then paper towel on or about Sep 27. Coco on Oct 1. Poked through the soil on Oct 2. Moving up to 1/2tsp of veg nutes and CalMag per gallon of 6.3ish pH'd water. The one that didn't crack was a Black Domina. The one that made it to coco is the runt. I tried growing Black Domino from MSNL. That was the grow that learned me that FFOF was too hot for seedlings. Maybe I'm not meant to grow this one.
    The coco and nutes are new to me after hemming and hawing about changing my setup. Who changed my mind was our magical, mystical, Mrs. Haze in a grow journal she posted in the 'New Pages and Updates' section on the homepage, in August.
    5 hours a day in sunlight. 21 under a Viparspectra 360 LED. As the days get shorter, and the sun is lower on the horizon, I'm getting more sun, every day. Not a lick in summer.

LED Grow Journal: Mars Hydro TSL-2000W vs Spider Farmer SF-2000 | Grow Weed Easy
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

What, no magic Hawaiian?

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that a type of leek or marigold? Magic Hawaiian. I like that. Sound's like a Polynesian witch doctor.

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      hilarious

Sounds like a win win with the strains Gingerbeard it's raining here don't see any frogs falling yet maybe later?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

They must be mystical !!
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        All they have to do is to turn off the volume sir. Then they wont hear my frenchy accent at all.

I'm derailing here, is it photo you are growing ?

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Aye. Photo fems. Not sure about the marigolds or leek.

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Aye aye Cap !!

In California you may grow up to 12 immature plants so you're still golden. If I ever go over, I make sure that they're clones. Twenty clones from the same mother are still only one plant. Right? Hope I don't ever have to test that theory.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        That's for medical patients and caregivers. 12 immature and 6 mature to keep a perpetual grow. Regular stoners only get six plants because we're just trying to get stoned.
        I think your stoner twenty-clone logic makes absolute sense. Until a dope plant starts looking like a dope plant, sprouts are basil, tomatoe, leek, and marigold.

I like my tomatoes green and fried!
      DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
      TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
      Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
      10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
      50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
      8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
      2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
      w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
      2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
      2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
      GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
      Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
      . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
      Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm near the TN/NC border and I've never had fried green tomatoes but plenty of people here love that, and fried green tomatoes are on many restaurant menus. Even have a sign out front that advertises them.

Before I looked at your handle, I knew you had southern influence Smoklahoma . Never been but to a southern restaurant or truck stop where I saw fried green tomatoes on the menu. Them places and my first mother-in-law's house. Green tomatoes need to be red as God genetically engineered! Most folks who ain't been east of El Paso don't know tomatillo from green tomatoe. Do you have a Fry Baby, Fry Mama, or Fry Daddy?
      I grew up in Dallas so we might to get to banter a little.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Smoklahoma
        Smoklahoma commented
        Editing a comment
        Isn't a tomatillo a little green corn in a husk? No fry family here. Wife says were getting older need to switch to air. Oh yeah,
        Boomer Sooner!

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Sort of but not really. It looks like a small, unripe tomato in a husk. Only ever had it in salsa or tomatillo sauce. They look too much like green tomatoes to be appetizing. Same-same with green apples.

To the left are 'marigolds.' They were planted on or about September 24.
      Then are the G-13, GDP, Zkittlez, and the single Black Domina. I forgot which, but one is or isn't a leek. The mystery seed wasn't looking great so it got gone.
      Started out with a CalMag issue. Got it back to snuff.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good. Back in the saddle again.

They look great Gingerbeard. I grew 40 marigolds for my GF this year. Not like yours though....
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Bromandude. I like your kind of grow, better. Growing marigolds, not 'marigolds' for your GF is way better. It's cool your grandfather likes flowers!

• PLreef
        PLreef commented
        Editing a comment
        He's really into them......

Almost in the saddle crucialbunny . The work that has been going on around the complex was supposed to be over, this week. Every A/C in the place is having new condensation drainage installed and some sort or other pump. Since it would be some gawdafwul work to use the existing drain pipes, new copper pipes are being run on the outside of the building. We are, essentially, a big Faraday cage. We have a steady flow of homeless, nuts-o's, recyclers, transients, and vandals. They're mostly harmless save the odd, worthless punk who tags. I'm giving it mid November before someone has at least attempted to remove the pipes in exchange for a 4-Loco.

Since the external pipe work was not expected, much of the painting has been put on hold. Every day, now, I don't know if someone is going to come into my apartment or pull a man-lift up to my balcony for pump, pipe, or paint. I've had to leave my plants in my tent for a few days because I was told someone was coming in. I can only get my plants outside if I dab myself into believing I won't get invaded. I'd like to be in 1-gallons within a week. With all this other shite, it's real iffy.

My foot is in the saddle but I ain't mounted. Can't stand for fear of death to ride a horse, anyhow. Beautiful creatures but I'd rather wrangle an ostrich for a run in the country!
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Jeez Gingerbeard, maybe your scrappers aren't quite as desperate as the ones we have up here in Canada...copper pipes visible to the curious bike rider at 3am is fair game....doesnt matter if there's power lines inside or not....she gone. Hows dabber dealing with being displaced for so long?

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        We've been back for a month HG. The two weeks we were gone, Dabber didn't want to be more than 6" away from me. Even slept with me all night. Busy streets with narrow, boulevard sidewalks. At home, you can drive a car down one with enough space to miss pedestrians.
        I want to rip the piping off the building just because it's so damned ugly and screws with my TV reception.

First time growing in coco. A calmag issue is threatening my plants although I am using full strength calmag. At least, I believe it to be CM. It's nothing I can take a picture of because it is only looming. A funny splotch or two. Started getting a little lightening of the fan tips. You can see the issue in the previously posted picture on the plant on the bottom row, farthest to the right. Growth is as good as you see. pH'ing to about 6.2.
      They got their first foliar spray with recommended foliar spray amounts of nutes and calmag. We'll see how it goes.

Does coco need more calmag than soil?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

Yes Gingerbeard coco needs more cal mag. The coco actually binds calcium and magnesium so it needs to be saturated with cal mag before use, or buffered. The premix is supposed to be buffered already. If you would use the brick then it should be soaked in water with cal mag at 10ml/gallon and ph'd for several hours. It is a PITA. During feeding I use 5ml/gallon for the first 2 weeks then 2.5ml/gallon thereafter until flush.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Shucksshucksshucks! I've been giving 1ml!!! The instructions say 3-5!!!!! Flavinflavinflavin! Why do I remember the dose being 1 per gallon??? Have I been giving 1ml in my past grows??? Answer me Ckbrew !
          Stupid brain cells must be collapsing. Was in a class with a guy telling how bad drugs are for your body. One thing he said was your synapses get covered in resin and can't synapsicate, or whatever. He got beat down by the class but never backed down because it came from somewhere on the internet. Might have to revisit that one.
          Dang every daggum, doggone dang!

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            My crystal ball says you were using 1 teaspoonful/gallon. That would be 5ml/gallon or 5ml/3.79L. Imperial units suck. The world should be on the metric system for everything. Funny how one's memory on such things drifts about.

I use 1ml per litre in coco

Comment

Out of the blurple and into the light! About tootin' time. The works on the apartments are wrapping up. Only thing left for me is to paint the inside of my door. Which I don't want because I have a different color paint and will paint over whatever they paint. I'll complain more about that in another thread.
            The two fabric pots are the 'marigold' experiment and G-13. The single plastic pot is GDP. The four 1-gallon pots are Black Domina, GDP, G-13, and Zkittlez. The four just got topped and will be the residents of the 3x3x6 and the HLG. The other three are going to spiral and will wind up in my 2x3x4.5 tent with the Viparspectra. Untopped.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              You are too serious !! Bring me back the old Ginger.... OK I cheated and I took a sampling of Mazar Hash !! Couldn't wait !! Putain !! Finally some narcotic effect !!!!

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              Doesn't the cook always sample the pot?

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              What can I say !! I couldn't resist anymore !! The potency is there, I say this sucker (the hash ) is 3 X stronger than the colas. Thus from stoned to narcotic sensations.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X