Clip on fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clip on fans

Just wondering if anyone has found a good quality oscillating clip on fan that lasts longer than a year. I seem to go through Vivosun fans like bic lighters...Latest one is a secret jardain which is stationary but still working and quiet. Any recommendations?
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Well heck homegrown just so this post doesn't feel lonely LOL i will just answer it ! I don't own no stickin clip on fan hee hee
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Well I do, these cheap ones-

https://www.amazon.com/Genesis-6-Inc...3186980&sr=8-9

They don't oscillate. Use 4 per tent, 1 at bottom around pots and stems, 2 on top of canopy, and 1 at top of tent straight down on light. Running 2 years now. Doing the job.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I've been using the same non-oscillating, Hurricane clip-ons for maybe three years.

Whatever you do, make sure the fan is blowing the right kind of air. Maybe a low smog to oxygen ratio? The your houseplants need a different air than your weed plants. Particles in the air can cause a sandblasting vortex effect that can erode your trichomes. If you get high air schmeg PPM, consider blowing with your lungs. The alveoli will help remove a lot of bits.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

LOL I hear you on the Vivosun fans, they aren't designed well. When they manufacture them the wiring is done in such a way that it strains and breaks the power cable wires while oscillating. I fixed the ripped power cable on mine with some electrical wiring nuts and got it working again. Even after fixing the wiring issue the oscillation stopped working. Now I just use them as non oscillating fans.

Comment

I also have a few Hurricane clip ons but I don’t use the oscillation feature. Kinda keep them pointed at the tent walls so they aren’t blowing directly on a plant just circulating the air

Comment

So, homegrown . Someone is bound to suggest an oscillating, clip-on fan, as you asked.

For your big space, why don't you go with a mounted oscillator?
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Beard, i would(may have to) go with a larger, better quality wall mount fan but the inner framework or lack thereof, in my ice hut is the problem. Its pretty flimzy. There is no actual square box frame inside. Kinda like a pop up tent...push up two sides and insert a pressure pole in the center. tada. Might have to finagle something...

I stopped using clip on fans, I picked up a 12" hurricane oscillating wall mount fan. I attached to a piece of plywood when I had a tent. Now it's just mounted to the wall. I couldn't find any reliable and powerful clip on fans. This was the next best thing I could find.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                bboyfromwayback commented
                Editing a comment
                It’s hard to get clip ons to stay on the vertical corner posts. That’s why I put a couple pieces of pvc in my tent to make a horizontal bar to mount fans on. That’s a $2 upgrade the tent manufacturers would charge $39.99 for

• Ckbrew
                Ckbrew commented
                Editing a comment
                I had the same thing come up on the vertical poles. Solved with a small piece of heater hose. Split lengthwise, place on vertical pole, clip on fan.

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                Nice! That would be a better surface to clip onto👍🏻

These look very promising…..especially for those of us with thick poles (gorilla tents)

Attached Files
              2x4 AC Infinity tent
              Timber 3VL (320 watt from the wall. (previous HID grower)
              FFOF Soil grower, General Hydro Flora Series nutes
              AC Infinity fans (exhaust and oscillating pole fans)

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                I like how far off the post that sits.

• Cloud
                Cloud commented
                Editing a comment
                I ordered 3 of these from that site 4 months ago. Have yet to get them. Keep getting emails about delays in international shipping.

Originally posted by PLreef View Post
              I stopped using clip on fans, I picked up a 12" hurricane oscillating wall mount fan. I attached to a piece of plywood when I had a tent. Now it's just mounted to the wall. I couldn't find any reliable and powerful clip on fans. This was the next best thing I could find.
              I used the Gorilla gear board to mount the Hurricane fan.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	9AB7D045-781F-467F-B0AA-BE5105D1D013.jpeg
Views:	278
Size:	469.1 KB
ID:	540391
              Attached Files
              2x4 AC Infinity tent

Comment

Hey Walty nice looking tent! How are those lights working out? i dont see them very often around here. Just looking at that growbud fan you put up....It identical to my vivosun fans..except they are black. Weasels......
                Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                Canna Coco/perlite
                General Hydroponics Flora Series
                Cal/Mag.

Tent
                Bruce Banner
                Kushy Kush
                2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Ckbrew
                  Ckbrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are all probably coming out of the same factory in China.

• homegrown
                  homegrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ya Ckbrew, im guessing thats why everywhere you look their outta stock. Found some simple cheap clip on fans here in ontario..ETL safety standard rated, which i've never seen on vivosuns. Ordered two to try out.

Originally posted by homegrown View Post
                Hey Walty nice looking tent! How are those lights working out? i dont see them very often around here. Just looking at that growbud fan you put up....It identical to my vivosun fans..except they are black. Weasels......
                Hey Homegrown,
                i like the look of those fans! It’s hard to find fans that fit properly and don’t interact with the tent walls. You like those vivosuns?

As far as the lights, they’ve been great for me. I’m a big fan of Timber grow lights.
                2x4 AC Infinity tent

Comment

• Ckbrew
                  Ckbrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Forgive my ignorance Cloud what is a chilled led puck? are you referring to the green heat sink?

• homegrown
                  homegrown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  hello Walty, honestly, NO, i cant recommend them. They will probably give you a year(more or less) of constant running..the oscillating function may not last that long. They start getting pretty noisy(rattly) after 6 months or so. I just found some simple clip on fans(non oscillating) up here in Canada that are ETL approved(no idea if that makes them any better) but im gonna order two of them when i order my new filter. I'll be the guinea pig and test them out.

• Cloud
                  Cloud commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ckbrew it's an led company that makes cob style leds.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X