popcorn buds for hash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

popcorn buds for hash

I got a bunch of popcorn buds I will use for hash. Do you trim your buds or just use them as is? I might have a whole plant that is not good enough for bud smoke. Do you trim it? If so how much?

Whatever kind of hash your making it should be well busted up and dry. I take mine straight from the freezer and into the bags with ice on top. But I’ve only made it once, just told to do it that way and I was happy with the hash.

Comment

I've only made hash a couple times and I didn't bother doing much of a trim on it. Just removed the larger sun leaves. I did the dry ice method both times. I harvest pretty much the same when making tinctures.

Comment

Has anyone here used silk screen material to shake off trichomes ?

Comment

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure they've been doing that since there was weed and silk screen!

It was probably a bunch of hippies doing t shirts...

I haven’t been trimming the weed I know I’m making edibles with and it’s been fine so should be ok with hash. The leaves get covered with tris too so that should be more for the hash.

Comment

ask Farmbuck , he makes hash all the time

Comment

I grind my cured buds then I freeze it for a few days. I never use "uncured" buds. Even my trims is cured for several weeks. I have a post to how to make hash using the sieve technique.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

OK got it here is my post " https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...m-kief-to-hash
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Jebidiah
                Jebidiah commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m glad you shared this I had run across it a while back and am planning on trying the first part of it for keif in a few weeks. You use cured buds but I was wondering the process for using trim. The trim pile is mentioned on GWE but I don’t remember anything about how to get the trim pile dry without it molding and does it need to cure….is there a process for this?

I dry the trim, including popcorn buds and don’t break them up until ready for the dry ice. Why bust up the trichs and lose them b4 you are making hash?

Comment

I just put this together last night, works great !

Comment

• Farmbuck
                  Farmbuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Great !! Real nice !!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X