State Fair Weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Fair Weed

So along with livestock, fried food, bake competitions, and rides, the newest facet of California's State Fair will be a best cannabis ribbon. My grandpa is rolling over in his grave I believe. https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...254474278.html

HA! That's awesome!!
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

That's not awesome. SC Labs is all over SoCal as a cannabis tester. The article says they will be judges and base their results on THC, CBD, and 'five terpenes.' Science might tell you what's in it. Nothing but experience is going to tell you what it does.
      How many people are going to show up to the fair, at first, thinking this was another Cannabis Cup where everything gets sampled and voted on by samplers? By the end, ain't hardly nobody who's going to give a fart about the event until the results come out. Once word gets around that that ain't the case, the heads will disappear and watch the results, online.
      It's going to draw a hell of a lot of extra people. Great marketing. Bullshit.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        Clearly marketing is going to be a circus in the cannabis industry as a whole in the future. Last night's news featured Mike Tyson's entry into the weed market. The writing has been on the wall since legalization that big business was going to overwhelm the burgeoning industry but as long as we're allowed to continue our home brewing we'll still have our niche.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Endorsed marijuana? I don't bloody think so.

We had a pop-up delivery and I was playing trap-house master.
      Three buddies were here and I told them cannabis was going to be an entry at the fair. Weed from all over California getting judged. After it sank in, they were bug eyed and super excited. Then I told them how it would be judged. Their reactions were exactly what I was saying. I had to tell them their dogs got stolen to make them feel better.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Ya think Mike Tyson weed will give you a knock out couch lock?? LOL After seeing Belushi strain an price i could'nt pull the trigger on grams $$$$. What a circus. I'm with you
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Dare I ask what the Belushi strain was going for?

We had a new shop / dispensary open up in town. The place always looked deserted so I wandered in one Saturday AM so have a look and support a local business. Ended up buying an eighth - for $64.00. Didn't smoke any better than what we grow so not sure I'll be supporting them again any time soon It did make me realize that my last big grow was $10K worth of prime stuff at retail prices

I do like that cannabis has made it to the state fair but agree the local judges should be sampling. Right before they judge the pies if that can be arranged !

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Buying legal means we can't see what we get until we open the container. Done it once. Not again. Live/cured resin is live/cured resin. It's all about the same thing.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Gingerbeard Come to Oklahoma, ours is in gallon jars, you can see it (and before covid smell it, IDK know).
          So far, what I have seen from the local shops, well, I grow better.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I know the gallon jars at the 'illegal' dispensaries. Grab a handful, weigh it, package, sell. Everything is so regulated, grow operations have to inventory, as well as dispensaries. That's why it's prepackaged.

Blows my mind that it is not like a cannabis cup, all the more is the pity that no one will know how good the weed really is!

Comment

• Ace1973
          Ace1973 commented
          Editing a comment
          so it is a damned if you do, damned if don't scenario. Sucks all the way around, still, if someone could sample it instead of just crunching numbers and saying it is good would make for a better judgement.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Damned if you don't grow your own.

• Ace1973
          Ace1973 commented
          Editing a comment
          I chose to grow some years ago and I am glad I did, still, it amazes me what the commercial machine has done to weed already, make your own seeds and say nothing or else they will patent everything.

PLreef $25.00 friggin gram. Big show off jar of thumb size buds, looked impressive but i'm not LOL. I won't pay that price. That's right Gingerbeard grow your own.

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

SoOrbudgal When I reveal my true identity and the flower I've been working on, you people will beg me to pay $50 a gram and I will not accept Bitcoin. Did you really think I have an actual ginger beard and grow in a 3x3 tent? Please. What kind of schmutz has a ginger beard and grows in a 3x3 tent?
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Hmmmmm

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X