Addictive Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addictive Behavior

Forever it seems like my weed growing hobby has always been a cost free endeavor. Bag seed was pretty much all I planted with the odd clone donated by a friend in the clandestine grow world. I've always made my own soils and fertilizers, so, other than time, I had little invested. Then I joined GWE and learned of all the seed distributers out there and the myriad selection of possibilities available to home growers. For the first time this season I began dropping bank on different strains so I could finally put a name to my plants. Now I have drawers full of seeds in miscellaneous containers with cryptic identifiers that at some point had meaning to me but elude me now. I recently found a tin marked "Autos" and no other info. As far as I know I've never even grown an auto plant before. Maybe my daughter gave them to me. I told myself "no more" seed purchases for awhile but today while running errands I found myself in the parking lot of my local dispensary with too much money in my pocket and visions of the ideal plant wafting in that empty space between my ears. Walked out with my wallet considerably lighter and a little white bag containing a glass vial with ten pills of something called Vanilla Frosting from Humboldt Seeds that I was assured was in short supply and I needed to get before they disappeared. I still remember when getting seeds in your weed was a bad thing and now, well it's kinda like hitting the lotto when you come across one. Is there any of you out there that are suffering the same addiction? Are there any twelve step programs out there for my new seed addiction?

Weak! You are weak! You have a weak constitution. Addiction is all about self control. Willpower!
    Clones only, you weakling. You weak little bunny.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I found a 10 step program to help dispose of all the seeds.

Are you ready to start growing cannabis at home? It's surprisingly easy when you stick to the 10 simple steps in this grow guide. Start growing today!
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Keep yourself and your own personal higher power out of twelve step programs. Not even once. Your willpower is so low, you might fall in with them at the first meeting.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Oh heck yes it's addicting buy seeds. An yes i've been reading all about the vanilla frosting lately. No i have not purchased seeds for awhile. Yes i have a pretty good stash of autos and photos that i really like. The date is incorrect when i first joined it's been nearly 5 yrs since i learned indoor growing. First couple years i did spend some money not like the prices today though. Think it was more like 3-5 bucks a seed?? Now decent strains over $10 ea. I don't think i'll ever purchase photo seeds much but 1x year. I just clone the heck out of these and trade.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

This hobby as a whole is addictive. I went from gorilla grows, to a 3x3 tent, 5x5 tent to a whole room with plans on building another. Lights, pots, seeds, ph meters, nutes..... Holy crap!
            5x5 Gorilla tent
            Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
            Infinity T8 exhaust fan
            Technaflora nutes
            Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Canuck mentioned on one of my post once that smoking weed isn’t addictive but growing it is. That’s so damn true

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
                PeterMatanzas commented
                Editing a comment
                This is on point.

Nope !! Never had... Never will... Nope, after 50 odd yrs of growing for me it's not a addiction. Oh wait I meant a passion.
              Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
              Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
              Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
              Full auto grow
              Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
              12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

It's an interesting conundrum I find myself in, seems that when I started This adventure a few months ago is when I was not able To really afford to buy weed anymore...adulting sucks sometimes lol. But I do find so much enjoyment And calmness in growing anything and when I open my tent every Morning, the smell from my currently Flowering Plants is so delicious and tasty its almost better Than smoking it......ALMOST lol!

Comment

Too true! I have a great source for bag seed so I haven’t bought any seeds yet. But, I have started getting more advanced equipment. Just got my first grow tent and 1000w led panel. I love growing and saving money by not buying weed! That’s how I justify buying my grow tent. Hell that’s what an ounce costs!

Comment

Since growing the only thing I factor in is water and electricity, soil, nutrients, are so infrequent that I don't really count it. All in all, I pay about 100 dollars a pound or half pound.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X