Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AutoToka grow....first auto... 2nd grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU2B
    replied
    Nice to see the girls happy and healthy Click image for larger version

Name:	DF1BC423-50A8-4166-B153-43FDBFC6AAD8.gif
Views:	251
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	542728

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Yessir they are! I'm a bit amazed at how tight the nodes are for Sativas! Buds are gonna stack in there like cordwood! Should be fat colas especially if they keep stretching too

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    TOKABIGONE They are fast little ones aren't they ? Soon you will see some nice buds in your girls mon ami !!

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    Day 30 today. I removed 6 fans that were shading bud sites. They are still stretching and I hope they will grow maybe another 6 inches. For an auto newb I think they look pretty good for 29 days yesterday. Pic 1 the main cola was getting friskie with the lights so I bent it over and staked it down. A tiny bit of light stress in it's tips with minor burn. Today they get worm cast tea and a little more top dress. They're drinking 2 to 3 qts each watering now. I have not pHed the last 2 waterings with no issue so I believe my created soil is now self correcting pH as it should. That was the goal to make it like regular soil in that respect. No more chasing pH and no chemical nutes. Next watering I will give casting tea with kelp and Alaska salmon emulsion. My soil recipe is in an earlier post on this thread if you're interested. Coco Loco base with natural amendments. If all holds true, this will be my soil choice going forward as I go back to photos next grow. pH has been my biggest bugaboo in my previous grow so natural correction by the soil is a huge advance for me. Of course the final results will tell the whole story. I think these results are more exciting to me than what ever yield I get in terms of quantity and potency. Although those factors remain a big part of the equation. Will the concept that soil grown surpasses any other for taste and strength hold true for created soil? I'll know in a couple months.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211014_161737.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	542668Click image for larger version

Name:	20211014_161802.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	542669

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    YEARS ago I asked my wife about Canadian Thanksgiving - she being Canadian by birth and citizenship. I told her I knew all about the American Thanksgiving Holiday, but; I had to admit, I was a little unsure of the history of Canadian Thanksgiving and what exactly they were 'thankful' for. I'll always remember her reply with a smile when I recall her answer... "We're Thankful we're not American!"
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-06-2021, 10:10 PM.

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Yessir, last Thursday of the month. Probably my favorite holiday. Tables heaping with lovely heart attack food but hey it's a holiday, right! The gals just got a top dressing of and watering in of casting tea. After they flower I will add some fish emulsion and kelp to my tea. I'm trying to stay away from liquid nutes if at all possible. I think I'm familiar enough now with nute issues so I can identify on sight and correct.

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    TOKABIGONE Here we do celebrate it sir !! My mom bless her soul is from Sudbury, Ontario and some of the wife's relatives are British and Irish but mostly Italian from the north so yes it's traditional here. Louise bake her own pumpkin pies that I grown this year. Finally this holiday we will have a gathering with the grandchildren and family. We celebrate in October, next week to be exact. Already have our bird lolll I believe yours is in November non ?

Are you thinking of feeding your girls soon ?

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Heck yeah Farmbuck, you and Louise are invited too! Stop over on your way to the Yucatan. Yes stuffing and mashed potatoes with giblet gravy! Turkey and pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce! You can bring the appetizer, some Lebanese Blond perhaps! Do French Canadians have a similar holiday feast?

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Did I hear Thanksgiving dinner ?? Stuffed turkey with mashed potato and gravy..! Oh yeah the girls are looking good sir !

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    Patience BU2B LOL! Yeah I wish, lol! Probably be closer to a Christmas present. Early Dec I'm guessing. We'll have to depend on Santa for treats but I'm thinking an early Thanksgiving dinner maybe...grin! What can't you eat?

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    So... the big question is: Do you think they'll be ready for consumption on Nov 8th when I see ya? LoL I know mine won't be until the end of December. Maybe we'll have to have a holiday smokefest. Oh, and nice job with your Maui - Mahalo for the updates!

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    Man these girls are out of control! 24 days and I'm having to restrain them for their own good, lol! I see preflower stipules at many nodes. They never missed a beat when I fimmed and defoled. Starting to really stretch now hense the stakes I'm not doing a true manifold on these for several reasons, mostly I don't think they will need it. Minor lst should do it. My lights are 300w true at 15 inches. I might try to lower a bit to see how they react. There are a couple leaves with yellowing tips and edges which I attribute to trim stress as it appeared the am after I did defol on them. Just one plant.

Name:	20211006_092055.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	3.13 MB
ID:	541121Click image for larger version

Name:	20211006_092103.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	541122Click image for larger version

Name:	20211006_092116.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	541123

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think you did any harm. But i would not do anything more for awhile. They look healthy an strong, few weeks they'll be in flower.

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    Not too shabby for 22 day old plants! Well done my friend. I couldn't take it anymore! Now that I'm growing photos I miss autos and their speedy growth! So I started one in a dwc set up tonight. Really don't know what I'm doing but I've done a metric ass ton of research on DWC. Hopefully I can have a good outcome.
    Last edited by PLreef; 10-04-2021, 09:35 PM.

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    The girls are 22 days now and they got a good haircut and a little lst. I hope i didn't go to crazy on defol. They were real thick! I think they look pretty good for a newbie who didn't listen to what others said. N
    ever did, why start now, lol

Name:	20211004_164528.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	540819Click image for larger version

Name:	20211004_164622.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	540820Click image for larger version

Name:	20211004_164727.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	540821Click image for larger version

Name:	20211004_164815.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	2.79 MB
ID:	540822

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X