The Year of the Cat ... Curse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Year of the Cat ... Curse

Not feeling up to par I pushed myself tonight to pH a few gallons, water the plants, chop & hang the autos' remains, do a little closet arrangement. I didn't clean the floor or bag the seedlings that are in cups yet.

I turned my back to place the trim bin underneath the autos in case they fell, into a sink of water. The GDMF cat chewed on a seedling, two leaves. He's eaten NL, Wild Thai and White Widow so far this year.

Wild Thai: It's about tall enough to top, train, and try to root the chopped top to start another plant. Not sure where I discovered that black saucer here but I want more, I like it for watering with fabric bags.

Gingerbeard This time the suspects are me, the cat or the ghost. It wasn't me. Pugs can't jump over baby gates.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

How about sprouting some catnip for the fella?

I'd say the ghost. Wait. The Ghost?
    Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      He chose to eat growing cannabis over homegrown KY catnip sent from a friend, with some seeds. I grew those same seeds when I didn't have a cat, my friends' cats loved it. Maybe he would like it while it's growing? I was trying to be so careful tonight. I had to go back n forth to the kitchen a few times or I would have just closed the bedroom door. My growing plants are like crack to him. I had some Green Crack about 5 years ago, I didn't like it enough to grow it given my 5-plant limit. His first 'mom' had to go into assisted living right before he turned one year old. I've had him for almost 18 months now, been trying to be patient with him, he has to deal with two dogs but tonight he ticked me off. I chased him down the basement but I expect he'll re-emerge when it's bedtime snackies time. Yes, I have a hallway ghost but I haven't seen it in a while. Others have seen it in the past. No kidding.

• TOKABIGONE
      TOKABIGONE commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm thinking we should start a Go Fund Me account to Bell The Cat....or the ghost whichever!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      He has a cat collar with a cheap ass bell on it, the exhaust fan is louder. The suspected ghost was doing blow the night before he died in his sleep after an epileptic seizure at age 22, not sure if he as a stoner, he probably was. The next door neighbors' youngest son, ~25 years ago.

Hummmm !

Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      There's a remastered version, great sound. I often use lyrics in posts, I used to order 45's for jukeboxes every week for 7 years and installed them at accounts that only trusted me to coin out their machines and split the money. Best job ever, not one day did I wake up and not want to go to work. The owner had a stroke on his 60th birthday. I started running the company and brought it from red to black ... then it got sold. Still friends with my former employees, fun times. Entered it when pinballs went electronic, jukeboxes went quadrophonic, video games were emerging: Space Invaders, Asteroids, Pac-Man, etc. One account I had to coin out Asteroids twice/week, the coin box got too full for quarters to go through the coin mech. Don't get me started on Canadian quarters, LOL.

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      But !! But!! I like my little shining quarter (2 bits) loll Especially the ones with the Caribou head on it.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck Canadian quarters; someone for got to flip the switch back after changing out 45's; having to drive an hour one-way to take a pencil eraser to the motherboard connection on Space Invaders - the three worst memories of that job. If not for liability I would've given the owner the key to the back of Space Invaders and shown him how to erase it himself. A beautiful, original Pabst Blue Ribbon tavern, it's still there. I was on-call every night and weekend for a year. I wouldn't pay the tech what he wanted, he was used to AT&T's pay scale. Every morning we met in a middle room and got high, if work was done but it wasn't closing time yet we sat in the back playing cards and drinking screwdrivers in the afternoon. Before home answering machines and Mr Coffees we rented out Bunn coffee machines and Record-O-Phones. I still have one of those sitting in my basement. When the business was sold I was promised a Valley foosball table and a jukebox, their warehouse burned down the night before.

Asked mine about it. His typical asshat answer.

2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kitty is ready for TongueOutTuesday. Most cats don't seem to let their tongues show for long, cute picture!

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      He's like 17 yo with 3 teeth. Absolute Jackass.

Maybe spray those little girls with cayenne tea.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      How strong Rwise ? I'm being very vigilant, closet doors are closed all the way but it only takes a few seconds for him to chomp his fangs into leaves if I turn my back for anything. Caught him trying to break into the closet last night bc I didn't 100% close one door, I was testing him. When you first posted cayenne I missed the tea part, I was thinking of sprinkling it on the plants. I have a nice little misting bottle. The only time I closed myself into that bedroom was when I was in trim jail, it's my dang house. Maybe I'll put Saran wrap above the baby gate and watch him bounce backwards. If he gets his claws stuck I'll take pics and make a 2021 version of the "Hang in There" cat poster.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest I have not used it, my little brother does, I would go a Tablespoon to a quart of water.
      I had a cat that luved to play in the rain, so I got this idea on giving him a shower. Ever seen a cat climb a shower curtain?

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm still picturing the newspaper, mouse traps and a cat.

All joking aside, can you put a screen door on that closet? Someone may have to help you but you can probably set up something.
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kitchen counter; Aero-Garden on a pedestal; Grow closet. I'd enclose him, like Bubble Boy, but the claws. (My first cat was named Claws, he had an extra on each paw.)

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      How about just giving them their own plant.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That maneuver could go either way, Catfish. I was just thinking about the cat & closet doors. Most are bi-folds, bitch to adjust, cat can open 3 out of 4 for dog-escape hatches but they do close. My mind went to the grow closet doors, I think they're secure, even before flower. I use a blackout curtain over the doors during dark time for light leaks. He's a real pothead, have to look for a cat rasta Halloween costume, or a wig at least. I'll pay him back, little by little. BITD I used to be a seamstress, I made many Halloween costumes without patterns, for friends' kids. He has climbed and gotten stuck to the back of a big flat screen TV 5 times. Gets his claws caught in the heat vents holes and keeps climbing. Once his head was sticking over the top, the TV was shaking, it weighs >100 lbs, Hitachi plasma. He's in the mid back, I'm trying to reach and unhook him, one front claw at a time. The 5th time I stood and took pictures of the idiot before I rescued him, looked like the old 'Hang in There' cat poster.

Cat ghost. That's the only logical answer.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

I don't get why you catfolk are so cool with your cats eating your plants. It's not cute! If I were to take a nibble at your plants, you'd break my teeth. Maybe if I rubbed up against your leg it would be okay?
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, this guy lost his 'mom' before he turned one yr old, then he went to rescue, foster and was adopted into a house with two dogs. He's actually not a leg rubber, he became pugified here, he watched what the dogs did and followed suit. I was far from OK with him last night. Not being a violent person I only yelled at him, he ran down the basement for a few hours, until bedtime snack time. He's easier to own than the dogs, I might need to find a mesh face guard for him. I know someone with a pug that kept eating something bad outside, maybe rocks, so they got a mesh mask for him to go outside. Reminded me of Hannibal Lecter.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Pugified cat? Does that mean your cat snorts?

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah, these two pugs aren't snorers or snorters, TG. They are barkers. Cat pretty much does stuff the pugs do - comes out to greet strangers; comes around for yogurt when pugs get their pills; knows the sound of their dental treat bag, Cheerios, baby carrots and pulls himself out of a nap for treats; sleeps in bed with us all and has claimed his space, the pugs move out of his spot; wants to eat the dog's little bites kibble; gets ear issues, same side - he doesn't bark, yet. He has head-tilted a few times.

I set up the SOB last night. One side closet doors were shut tight, one side was touching but not 100% closed tight. I have felt like shit, I get a bad head or neck ache at some point every day since sometime in July so I was in bed early, for me. Grumpy pug was hanging in the hallway, odd. I looked over and saw some brighter light. I peaked around my bedroom door to see the cat slinking under the guest bed, not far enough to hide his tail. The door didn't look like he could fit through it, yet. While I'm just keeping the environment right, plants watered, checking on the pieces drying and still need to transplant two seedlings that are in cups I could've awoken to a destroyed grow.

Comment

He 'tasted' 4 leaves, to node 2, at least he didn't top it this time. Left some DNA (fur) behind. Click image for larger version

Name:	WWchewedAug 31.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	893.9 KB
ID:	534212

Comment

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          A question for you madame. Do you grow for your furry baby or for yourself ? Ahhh also make sure your Lemon auto is.... I heard it's a good strain.
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 09-03-2021, 06:28 AM.

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Farmbuck, I can't rave about the Lemon. I harvested it in pieces, first 3 buds have been smoked, nothing to brag about. Hoping the new light helps plus I like photos better, after this summer. I have the lights at 80%, I plan to pot the two seedlings tomorrow. So far I'm liking the just add ph'd water part. How are your temps doing in the auto grow? It wasn't horribly humid here today, and there was a breeze. Cats are sneaky but I've got his number now. I'm going to start some basil to see if he attacks that too. Too bad everything isn't as easy to grow as basil.

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Well madame we are finally having some cool nights now. My lights are on at night and off during the day. The room is around 27C with a humidity of 51% when on and 23C with a humidity of 60% when off. I'm not really happy with Coffee Shop Seeds seeds, The ratio of germination is ok but not more. I've got 7 Amnesia Haze out of 9 which germinated and 4 GG#4 out of 9. It might be me or their quality of their beans are to be desired ... But then I've been using my gemination method for over 40 yrs now and my ration was always good.

Puglover1 Ok maybe I'm a bit impatient, they were put into their pot just 6 days ago. Will see in a few days to come.
          I have my lights at 100% now. So far I'm happy with the XS2000 performance.
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 09-03-2021, 06:30 AM.

My dog has developed a taste for fresh fans and bud. He’ll happily sit and wait when I’m defoliating for his treats. I just can’t leave him alone with them or he’ll just chomp the whole plant!

Comment

I have three cats and a dog, I use a tent and a closet, only one of my cats has a taste for cannabis, the dog just digs it up........

Comment

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just changed out the frozen water bottles, cat jumped into the grow bedroom. I was too fast for him. He needs an intervention.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X