Pre flowering leaves turning brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre flowering leaves turning brown

Hi, any ideas what to do with these? There are 3 plants all starting to turn yellow and brown.

Poor abused and neglected thing. If you got something else to smoke, then you should put the poor thing out of it's misery. quick and painless.

Comment

Do you know what’s wrong? It hasn’t been neglected, water daily plus nutrients every other day. It’s been growing for months and now doing this. If it is a goner we would like to know what we did wrong for next time. Did we defoliant too much? Over/under water? Nutrient burn? Bud rot? Or can we get it to come out of this somehow?

Comment

Also of note, we’ve had about 3 weeks now of 95-100 degree temperatures.

Comment

All 3 plants all started doing this at the same time. Only one other plant is not doing this and it is in a bigger pot with different soil.

Comment

I would of said the same thing. Way to much leaf removal very poor growing technique. Take some lessons from this site on how to grow a healthy plant. I wasn't around when you began this so now at 4 months old and dying and rotting you want to know what's wrong? Way to late on these plants. Try again next year and look/read how to maintain a weed plant. Lots of folks have weather issues, we still care more about doing it right, we all know it takes 4-6months for outdoor photoperiod plants. You my friend are learning how not to grow weed. The damage is done.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I agree with the above however I believe your posts 4 and 5 tell us a lot. Do they stay out in the sun and heat all day? If so you've also cooked your roots. IMHO
              Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
              Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
              Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
              Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
              Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
              i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
              My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
              make pH correction unnecessary
              Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
              8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
              Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
              Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Errrrr.... bud rot, nitrogen deficiency, heat damage, way too much defoliating.
                Start here...
                This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

Start by just growing a healthy plant next time. No need for crazy defoliating and training. Just focus on getting a plant to maturity.
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Thanks all. We still have one more plant that is still doing good and the indoor plants are super healthy and growing good buds, they will be ready to harvest in 2-3 weeks. It is just these dang outdoor plants, they were really good and healthy up until just now, we did put shade over them. I guess we just got carried away on defoliation, we live in a place that is really humid and we’re told to trim out fan leaves or else mold would form from too much density. Lesson learned.

Comment

• Puglover1
                    Puglover1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pics #1 and #2 look like you need to use way more perlite, the soil looks hard/clumpy. With plastic pots you need to make holes in the sides for more root aeration, or use fabric bags. Were the pots always sitting on dirt, never on concrete? Also, the black plastic attracts heat, the roots don't like that. I used to spray paint my outdoor veggies' pots white on the outside, some people tie white fabric, like a towel, around their fabric bags. Things to consider when you grow outdoors again. This summer's weather has been a challenge for many outdoor growers. Good luck!

And get that dead off it ASAP. If its not already bud rot it will be.
                  Are these autos? If not they are tiny.
                  They eat leaves because they are hungry. You dont tell us what the roots set in, and this is where the issue lies. The pots IMHO are to small, need holes drilled in them, bottom and sides and covered from the sunshine on them. Whats the PH of the soil? If the PH is off they cannot feed on whats in the soil.

Comment

They are in soil snd were recently transplanted to these bigger pots from fabric ones. The soil has been drying out super fast so they have been getting watered in the morning and in the evening. I’m not sure if it’s the weather drying out the pots or if there is too much runoff, maybe the soil is not retaining the water?

Comment

I just ordered some fabric pots and fox farm soil to try our best to salvage what we can of these.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Those are wasting your time, why don't you get some seeds going? Transplanting old plants in flower is asking for more problems. Just begin some new fem. seeds and use your new pots an soil ?

Just trying to salvage what we can, new seeds would have to wait for next spring correct?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                        SoOrbudgal commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes if all you got is outdoor sun

One could plant a 60 day auto, there are several choices.
                      Still no info on PH,

Comment

• CaptainHolt
                        CaptainHolt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hi, thank you. I’m not sure yet what the ph is in the soil, we ordered some fox farm soil and will go from there. These aren’t actually my plants, I’m helping someone out. I grow indoors and have a ph tester for indoor growing in coco, do they make one for soil? Do we still need to be concerned if we are getting good fox farm soil? Thanks.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X