Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is going on here?? (Rooting clones)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell is going on here?? (Rooting clones)

I took some cuttings ( I believe this was attempt 3) I did what I normally do to root clones. Cut at 45 degree angle and then a shallow cut down the middle. I put it in water that I change every 4-5 days. I mist them in the morning and afternoon. They are placed in a sunny spot on the windowsill. One clone started rooting properly. The other cuttings just grew these weird root looking bumps all over. The cuttings didn't die and stayed green for over 2 months, but never grew actual roots. It's friend here went on to become a lovely large male while there were still chilling in the water not doing anything. Has anyone seen this before? Are those roots or what is that all over the bottoms?

I tried planting one and It turned into a herm plant. I quickly got rid of it. I didn't need it ruining my other attempts. I still have no idea what went on here I'm digging through pictures and will post as I find them.
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Blue Dream x MAC1 (Blimburn original)*photo. First crossing attempt
    🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
    http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Dont use a transparent glass. Light kills root growth.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Testify!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I put 3-4 cuttings in a clear glass but not next to a window, indirect light, on a shelf. They rooted, but the cat stole them all. To play with.

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      This is literally the method I have used for cuttings and clones all throughout my garden, never had issues with rooting(but also never grew weed). It's on the windowsill but that corner is shady all day so its direct indirect light? idk I'll try the dark container too. Anything to cut down on these LOOONG rooting times I've been getting.
      Also keep in mind, using questionable genetics from seeds found in smoke or given to me so who knows. good seeds are on their way. I also bought rooting gel. I figured I would give that a try too.

I'm curious as to why you cloned a male?

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't know it was a male at first. I just took cuttings because I hate dealing with them after them bloom. Easier to root in veg mode. By the time the plant shows its sex I know if the cuttings are worth keeping or not. By then they have roots too so if I'm lucky its all good all around. Growing with mystery seeds has its downsides that's why I try to be proactive.

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      then I kept it because it turned into a curiosity experiment.

I tried that method, I now use aloe to cover the cutting with and then drop it in soil.

Comment

Try adding some aloe juice to the water. Cut a piece of leaf and squeeze out the gel from the center. Adds hormones that stimulate root growth.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Since I have to trim some suckers on my current grow, I may as well try and root them. Do some in water and some with this new stuffs I got. Do some side by side comparisons and experimentation. Have some fun with it.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Sure go ahead but i'd be sure the plant was female before taking clones. I don't use random bag seed unknown sex and waste my time i already can clone plants of all nature so have fun an learn as you grow.

SoOrbudgal Oh I def have females this time around. 2 mystery seedlings. I never had to worry about male or female plants when working on my veg garden. Honestly, kinda glad I just went with bag seed since I haven't had any satisfactory result. Would have been really disappointing to spend good money on seed and then throw it into miracle gro under a weak light and then harvesting too early(like I've done stupidly). Now I feel way more confident I know what I'm doing. I can go and get feminized and auto seeds and not worry I'm wasting money. The bag seed was def good practice. I think I'm ready for real results.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

(The Uncle Grandpa)

🪱 Vermihut worm bin

Time Lapse Videos

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X