Peach rings, my shame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peach rings, my shame

A few extra dollars came into my weed fund and I decided to get an eighth of the tippy top flower from my local. And I cried. I cried for this as the second emotional episode after making dried/cured resin and realizing the live resin I had been making was shit.
    I cried at this flower because of it's perfection. Peach rings. Doorknob dense. Polished. Not an overpowering smell. The kind of bud you'd take to meet your girlfriend's parents. All the head that is flower and hash. I cried at this flower because of what I've grown and thought to be pretty good. Not stellar. Mid-shelf.
    For very personal reasons that are very personal, I had to blast my last harvest dry. Most of it, anyway. The product is freaking amazing. Consistency doesn't matter because it all winds up in the same crystal banger. The smell is what the plant smelled like which doesn't matter because it was cherry Kush and didn't smell like cherries. I could never get rid of the plant smell when I did live resin.
    So, I'm laying this all out. My shame. My delusion. I am a poor marijuana grower. I will stick to making cured resin. I don't know what I would do if I ever grew the kind of bud I have in my jar. This is a rare occasion for me to smoke. It is enjoyable and a nice change from the other products I've been using. But could I blast it?
    As luck would have it, it's 4:20!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Good on ya for admitting it - myself I order on line when my shelf is getting bare - but I still want to have a smoke with my wife before bed - so a few weeks ago I got an ounce of OG Kush and an ounce of Kings Kush both $99 cdn - also got a 5 pack sampler - 2 grams of 5 different strains in little containers - usually get it delivered by snail mail a few days later but now if one orders early enough you can get same day delivery. Fabulous.
    And yes some of the plants I have grown aren't as fabulous as the commercially grown stuff - so that's why I buy it.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember Pug $99 cdn is $77 US. I pay $40 US for an ounce of moderate quality in the Yucatan.

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmbuck, I kind of figured in that cdn is more than USD. I'd imagine in the Yucatan it's cheap, like decades ago prices here. I'd be happy with Canada's prices.

• LissaLou
      LissaLou commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, I have pay $200 oz here. Sole reason I just started my 1st grow

It's real easy to get spoiled by trying high value bud. I'm glad it's availible to the public. I don't set to high of expectations as i can't seem to get the trichome frosted look of my buds like i see in the magazines which they describe an show when growing a certain strain with lots of frosting looking glitter? Really indoor top shelf grams are expensive here. I won't spend on outdoor grown weed which is sold alot here also. My indoor grown is far better than the outdoor i've tried from dispensary at least the strains i've grown same as the strain i've purchased only there's is outdoor, mine is grown indoor. Huge difference in how i react to it mind an body. I have tried to replicate close to what i've purchased an got close to same smell and firmness but it's the frosty that i would like to see, i find it very challanging
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Don't be fooled by the magazine centerfold pic... They used apps to entice the look of the buds. I should know non ? After all I'm a amateur photographer lollll
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I suspect there's a pretty wide range of potency, from commercially cultivated Cannabis. I personally get the sense that Nevada's top company is still learning, just like me. Last March, I performed the Drive of Shame. I purchased a half oz of Indica and a half oz of Sativa. The packaging was impressive, each bud trimmed to perfection...but he potency was on par with what I grow or maybe even a tad lower. I couldn't spot a trichome to save my life. Now, the dispensary I visit when I'm in Colorado, they have it dialed in. Potent bud at potent prices. A much more local vibe in a subtle location.
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I broke open a small dispo bud on the container's lid the other night. I could see trichs sparkling with my naked eye. It's a 30% batch.

I have a rotation when I grow, certain strains from certain breeders, so far my stuff challenges anything from the dispensaries.

Comment

This is a 1.5 gram nug. I could break a window with it. An eighth goes for $60. I'm going to figure it like a vacation. Something different from the resins I've been working with.
        If I ever grow something like this, I'm going to start my own website.
        $99 can get you a quarter pound of shake or an ounce of popcorn at our illegal dispensaries.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          A QP of shake for $99? How's the quality?

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure. I don't deal with shake.

I really have little to compare with. My bud is pretty strong and I find that grinding together buds from different strains is even better. But, I like most of you, am a hobbyist so I grow as much for fun as for the results. I have had some weed that would put you on the floor with one toke but haven't had anything like that in years plus I have no idea what it was or where it came from. Most likely Colorado. It gives me a high bar (sorry) to meet with my own growing efforts. But, I can grow 6 ounces for $100 so there is a trade off/
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I'm zeroing in on growing "knockout stuff" but it's the quantity I need to work on. I recently had a meager harvest, with some quick-drying in my solar oven to try tonight. My perception is let the plant veg around 45-60 days. Then, I won't harvest until the minimum recommended by the grower and only if the trichomes are cloudy. This harvest is definitely my most potent, to date.

Here's my final report on Peach Rings.
        I'm back to being very meh about the whole weed smoking fad you kids are into these days. Groovy at first. Tedious smoking a bowl compared to a dab rig. The last couple bowls were fine enough. But the last couple bowls I have are packed in a pipe and in the bottom of a grinder. Every time I go to hit the pipe I get very meh. Any y'all wanna come over, you can have it. If you've paid close enough attention to my nigh on 2000 posts, you can figure out where I live.
        In the future I will smoke only homegrown from known growers. Even then it will only be because I'm polite. Maybe my own.

Thanks for your time. As you were.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Cloud
          Cloud commented
          Editing a comment
          I used to love smoking bowls and bongs but now I can't stand it unless I don't have a choice. It's harsh and doesn't taste very good. I mostly smoke joints which I love and concentrates I also make myself. I find dispensary quality to be just a little better than mine but I can grow it for way less. I'll smoke another joint I'm OK with that lmao. Never purchased high quality concentrates so can't compare that to my own. Maybe it's time to give it a try lol.

Public Service Announcement: GINGERBEARD UNMASKED - KEEP GINGERBEARD MEDICATED!!

Perhaps the "meh" is responsible for your outburst? https://youtu.be/KhaMV_qgdsQ

Send your donations to Gingerbeard's Local Dispensary Account...for the children!!!!
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

BR2K From one of the best movies ever made that you never heard of.

Torturer's Apprentice - YouTube
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• BR2K
            BR2K commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, I heard of it, just never watched it. I'm kind of surprised you are not only aware of the movie but a deep fan. I didn't realize it came out in 1989 - Man, how time flies!! Your predilection for relatively ancient cinema confirms my diagnosis. I recommend setting up a GOFUNDME account immediately, if not sooner.

'Brazil' is another one. 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen' and 'Brazil' are two of the few movies I can watch over and over BR2K .
          I'm down with donations but I am not lacking in THC. I'm a dabber. You can't beat the flavor, smell, and effects of a good resin. Although I am not a smoker, tincturer, edibler or other popular forms of marijuana extracter stuff, I would still do them on a deserted island.
          Getting myself a half ounce of terp crystals and a half of cured resin, in the day. Might have to have someone over to finish the weed.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL go fund me damn that's funny. Hey i did break down an get me some gummies 4-1 there relaxing and help with my appitite. Nothing like a rootbeer float while watching a good flick.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh my golly. Root beer float? What kind of root beer and what are you floating in it?

Hey, I didn't bring it up and I never said anything about one of you fine dope growers setting one up for me. I have no problem accepting drug money if no one expects me to give drugs in return. SoOrbudgal Just send me the link.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh no i did ent you ol dabber

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X