Vape curious!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Vape curious!!?

Hello my fellow enthusiasts, today I come to this time not for advise on growing, but advice on vapes and vaping. Basically never been a vaperer, and am now looking for both a vape that I can use for dry herb and how they compare to oils etc. After over 25 years of everyday smoking you can imagine a tolerance has built. Are oil vapes stronger? How much would I be looking at paying? And is there some kind of sample package available for purchase to test out a variety of oils for testing? Are there any smokers out there with some good advice to guide me. Please. Thank you guys

HAPPY WHATEVER DAY YOU READ THIS!!!! When I first rejoined the Cannabis consuming community, I started with a PAX 3 vape, which allows vaping herb. My opinion, the high is not as potent or long lasting. The prepackaged oil pens do seem to pack a punch but are expensive. YMMV. I'm back to a water bong.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I get it, very strong tolerance here as well. My advice is buy a Magic Butter Machine then get into oils, butter and edibles.

I bought a vape pen, complete waste of money. I’ve tried every setting, could smoke a whole ounce and not feel it. Pack my bong one time and I’m ripped. Had a friend bring a pen over filled with oil, it did nothing either. He got high AF, I stopped hitting it snd got my bong because I didn’t want to waste his pen.

Comment

I've always been dubious of smoking oils because of the products used in the extraction process. I don't use them myself but my grandson did when I ran out of bud and he developed a really nasty cough from it. He's now pretty much a rolled joint fan simply because of the ease.

Comment

Totally agree with @Bboy on the tincture & edibles!

I've been delighted with my recent experiments in making and using tinctures. It's a different high than smoking but deeply satisfying.

My vaping experience has been unlike @Bboy though. Vaping dry flower in a tabletop vaporizer like the Volcano is an experience you should try. The portable pens are great but the ability to slowly ramp up the temperature of your vape and savor each level of terpenes as they are released is revelatory. Maybe some of the portables are capable of that fine control but the ones I've tried haven't had that feature. The tabletops also allow you to load up a big bowl of herb, and I think that is also a big positive. The pens may not be optimal for people with extremely high tolerance, but I've been dosing THC for decades and a half gram of fire in my vaporizer is enough for serious couch lock if that's my goal.

I find the combinations possible with vaping dry flower, tasting a little tincture and a glass of late harvest Zinfandel are endlessly adaptable to my mood and the events at hand.

Just my $0.02,

-Grouchy
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

• BR2K
            BR2K commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for sharing! I will go back and try starting from my PAX 3's lowest setting and explore from there.

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            As always, great info buddy! I have the Arizer Solo 2. At the low temps I can definitely taste the flower more but feel nothing. If I go above 400 I’ll start to feel a bit of a head change but it taste like burnt ash. What setting do you recommend to get a good high but still have some flavor? We bought it for the health benefits of not smoking so it would be great if it worked. I’ve made olive oil, coconut oil and butter that we use to cook with in the evenings but during the day I’m not ready for that kind of buzz so I smoke lol

• grouchyoldman
            grouchyoldman commented
            Editing a comment
            bboyfromwayback, I start my vape at a really low temp, where it's all about the terp tasting. I'm not sure the degrees,200 range maybe, it also varies depending on the strain. After a few good pulls the flavor is mostly gone so I crank it up to about 380 degrees, that's about where it will turn the herb brown but never black. If I want the last hurrah from the bowl I'll go higher but that's when I end up coughing. Something like that anyways.

The different srains all seem to have a temp where they release all the flavors, temps above that and it's cannabinoid chems and higher temperatures yet and you're just burning wood.

The thing I love about those low temps is that you can really take a deep flavorful toke without stressing the lungs.

Take a look at the DynaVap VapCap, it's discreet and compact and doesn't need recharging, but you do need a blue flame lighter/torch, which is less discrete.
          There's an "dynacoil" addon for it for concentrates, too.
          Outdoors - Super skunk with LST and topping in Coir/Soil/perlite mix - sunny, south facing garden space.
          Indoors - Four Stardawg photoperiod feminised, 1mx1m tent, passive intake, active exhaust/carbon filtering, coir/perlite mix, advanced nutrients pH perfect micro grow bloom, 250W LED (500W MH lamp equivalent) - scrog (to come), 20L fabric pots

Comment

I've been making concentrates formy medsmfor 5 years now.
            Started with butter and oil extraction-not very efficient at extracting meds from the plant material.
            I eventually ended up using 190 proof ethanol and super cold temps during the wash to make my extracts now.
            Equipment like a Source Turbo or EtOH allows you to recover the alcohol solvent for reuse, but even after that, you MUST do some post-processing to remove fats/waxes from the extract before it'll work well in a vape cartridge.
            I use a Huni-Badger portable dab pen when I meed to medicate away from home. Simple, discreet, and will absolutely get you ripped.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space
            900w of Vero's and F-strips
            4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I didn't like dry herb vapes. Vape pens don't last long or the battery dies before the oil is gone. Cartridges are expensive, depending on how they're processed some make me cough, others not so much. I bought a percolator bong and a banger insert for dabs but I mostly smoke joints, chillums or the bong.
              Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
              Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
              Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
              Various size fabric grow bags
              Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
              4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
              Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

This is how i do it
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X