Click image for larger version

Name:	Plant.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	530848Click image for larger version

Name:	leaf 2.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	530849 I am growing in 10 gallon cloth pots and my plants are showing signs of nutrient burn on the tips of the leaves on some of my plants, it was suggested that I flush them with PH water. My question is as follows, as I have never had to do this in the past years, normally when I water the plants take 2 gallons of water each watering so any suggestions of how much water I would need to use to flush them? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by chicks; 08-14-2021, 12:08 PM. Reason: Wanted to add images

Good morning chicks beautiful gal you have Fella i would not stress out over this at all. She looks well taken care of. I'd do 4 gallons then really slowly see the runoff does it look clearer? Then your good. Now this will yellow up more leaf when you do this so don't panic as that plant looks to be well fed hence the tip burn. Allow that flush to dry like you have and restart low dose bloom if you use it? Great Job!
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your response. The directions on t6he Fox Farm nutrients say to use 3 tsp per gallon of water then this happened. Do you think I should maybe cut that in half? Also due to the heat here I am having too water daily so the directions say to add every other watering should I maybe do every second or third watering. I have never used these nutrients before I have used Kind Soil in the past but did not have healthy plants so I changed this year to Fox Farm Ocean Garden soil and then in the veg stage used Fox Farm Grow Big and now that they are starting to flower am using Fox Farm Tiger Bloom.
      Last edited by chicks; 08-14-2021, 02:43 PM.

I have used this method for gauging my nutrients for many years. I slowly increase the amounts until I see a slight burn at my leaf tips and then dial it back a notch for future feedings.

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response.

I agree with budgal, the plants actually look pretty good and my opinion is that a little tip burn is more of a warning sign than a dire warning that needs immediate action. If it were me I would dial back the nutes a little, give them a normal plain watering for the next time or two and then back to normal with the lowered nute levels.

it could just be the strain you are using needs less nutes (some need more some less). The directions supplied by the nute makers are always a bit on the high side. With GH most people start with half the recommended and then ramp up as needed. I assume your nute brand is similar.

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank You

I'm Fox Farming my soil and nutes, too. Foliar spray at least twice a day during vegging. I've been giving full nutes with every water for the past three grows and have gotten those tips. Every time something like that happens, I up CalMag a little. You look like you know what you're doing, otherwise.
    Every plant is different. CalMag has been the solution to many of my nute issues.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you recommend switching to Old Age Bloom as my plants don't seem to like FF Tiger Bloom. Even with the flush and I am a little frighten to use it again and all my plants are in early flower and I know they need something. Please Advise and thanks

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't recommend a product I've never used. What SoOrbudgal said about molasses is good advice. I prefer two tablespoons.

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I will get some molasses and give it a try.

Hey chicks also unsulferated molasses 1tablespoon per gallon of water is what lots of us use now with watering towards the last part of flowering. I'd think you'd see a difference in the bulk of those colas if you tried it but it's up to you. Has magnisium I use it from mid flower to the end and stop the bloom ferts about 3wks to harvest. This is the only " flush " method i use and allow it to dry real good before you water again.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you suggest to switch Age Old Bloom rather than FF tiger bloom. My plants are in early flower and I know they needs something but I am hesitant to use the FF Tiger Bloom again.

Hello chicks i don't switch during flowering. I think your fine with the FF they just got abit of too much of a good thing. I would keep doing what your doing just lower dose and soon nothing but water as they bulk up. I'm nearly out of my age old organics and i've gone back to the dyna grow & bloom for the next rounds of grow indoors. I can't get age old organics here so i go with what i can find. I've used both for many grows and also FF grow big but never tried the bloom.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• chicks
      chicks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X