It’s finally raining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s finally raining

For the first time in what seems like months, I’m enjoying a cup of coffee with a doobie instead of watering plants. Plus it’s cooled off! Low to mid 80’s with rain the next week. Hopefully everyone out west getting a little relief as well 🙏🏻 It’s been a very hot and dry summer here

It's raining here again this morning. Looks like about inch and a half overnight.That will make over 15 inches so far this season. Never seen anything like this here. I guess the drought is broke. I can here the water in the canyon roaring and every time I open outside door toads come in the house.

Comment

I remember my Mom calling me early mornings from Bullhead City, AZ telling me about the flash floods. But the spring will be a spectacular event i hope for you all. Cactus blooms and desert grasses blooms what a sight
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey, yall are welcome to the rain, heat, humidity. Every single outdoor plant this year has been lost to bud rot. The indoor girls have saved the year for me.

So many people having weather issues, heat, humidity, moisture, dryness, cold. The one common thread I see is that for most people the weather has been significantly different from last year. Who agrees?
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it's different than last year for sure from what i'm seeing. We use to get a chance of rains in june & july but none this year. Lots more dry lightning very little rain.

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely agree. Last year in New England we had a crazy drought. Like bone dry, not extremely common for us up here. Now this year is a completely different story. Up until about two weeks ago it rained almost daily. Humidity has been through the roof. I don't have any girls outside this year but I'm sure the folks that do are having some serious issues with bud rot and WPM. Climate change sucks!

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Last year in the high desert our normal July August Monsoon rains failed to appear. Everyone was calling it the Nonsoon! This year is the opposite, We have had last years, this years and maybe some of next years rain. My property is graveled completely around the house and out buildings or was until all this rain caused the desert weeds to completely cover it. Damn stuff grows overnight. What a mess, I'll need a 55 gallon drum of Roundup to get rid of them all. I don't enjoy that kind of yard work! If my plants grew like that I'd be sitting on a mountain of bud! And the humidity? 70 to 90% for the last month! This is the desert folks! I retired here to get away from this crap, not fair!
          Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 08-14-2021, 09:59 PM.

Raining here, too! No, wait. It's humidity-ing with a good chance of more.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          It was humidity-ing here so bad a few days ago my kitchen-to-garage door's window looked like it was peeing, all day.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Lick the window and you can see into your future.

It's finally a normal summer day here. Temp is 82 and the feels like is 82, forecast low tonight in the lower 60's. A fluke, or a bad and early winter ahead.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m just going to enjoy it lol

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could, inside work here, I can't afford to sweat more than I already have today. There's only ONE gland in our body that doesn't have a replacement hormone, mine got ruined during thyroid surgery. We fly by the seat of our pants, dosing our calcium like a Type 1 diabetic without a glucose meter. The UK got a grant to try to make a home meter. Alternative: ER. I take my chances at home during this pandemic.

I'm glad you are finally getting some rain Bboy. Last year's drought sucked. It pretty much ruined mushroom season for the north east.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
          bboyfromwayback commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s was a normal spring here but once we got into the summer months it’s been bone dry. Temps are about normal. Not as humid since it hasn’t rained but it’s still humid lol

Didn't get much of that rain, a squirt for dirt, but at least its cooler!

Comment

No rain here - but the sky is blue blue blue and not smoky
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X