Never seen this before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never seen this before

I kept thinking the top of this plant looked strange. I took a close look this morning and saw this. This plant has not been topped. There is a leaf growing where stem should be and then went double like it was topped. This is a Panama X Malawi from Ace seeds.

I grew their Panama and I never had any genetic mutations with their beans. Strange indeed. But on the bright side you don't need to top her
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• desertdan
      desertdan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think it is a great bonus.

Got more than one of those on this harvest. This is the same grow as the trichomeless, micro popcorn kernel nugs and the 5 week flowerer.
    Then there's this one. Three mains from a single top.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Checkout this White Widow I’m growing from ILGM. I just topped it the other day above 4th node and stripped everything below the 3rd node but as she grew naturally; 1st and 2nd nodes were normal, 3rd node had 4 fans and 4 colas (two of them started to grow together now they’re splitting start again) , nodes 4 5 and 6 all have/had 3 fans each and 3 colas. I will be taking cuts to keep this plants genetics

Comment

Looks like a mutation. I have seen "self topping" plants before. Also strange looking fan leaves. Just grow it out.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

If I dab and think about it, evolution is a series of mutations. Like losing our prehensile tail. Devolution is also a series of mutations. Like Donald Trump. We're witnessing (d)evolution, folks! Someone take a picture of that.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• PRIMO
            PRIMO commented
            Editing a comment
            You lost your tail? Bummer dude!!

In the Project Murcott tent right now, I've got a PPD that topped itself and a Tangie that went triple-noded. You see all kinds of weird stuff if you grow long enough and don't grow the same thing all the time.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

This mutation went 13 ways, it looked to be 2 or 3 plats on the same trunk with different looking buds. The smoke was not very good, it produced well enuf. The plant was a super skunk kush by GOG, I will not grow it again. A couple of friends also grew one and theirs did the same thing, and was also poor smoke.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              Bad smoke is never good

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I used it for concentrates, it does help me sleep, but takes an hour or more to hit me, its a body high.

Here is another that went 2way on its own. This is a pineapple chunk from Barneys. This plant was split in half at ground level about a month ago. Was not sure it would make it. Wrote another post about it when storm split it. I think it is deformed from the stress. The stem is very wide and flat. The other side is normal.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
              bboyfromwayback commented
              Editing a comment
              That stalk looks weathered and ready for anything now! Holy crap it’s thick

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              They do some strange things sometimes.

This is one of the tops from the double main stem. Never seen this before. Found this broken over from wind when I went to check for purple this morning. 39 f this morning here. Starting to get some purple. Found this tiny purple feather stuck to the bud. I have found several of these over the years. I think the humming birds leave them. I have seen them buzzing the buds many times.

Comment

Nice double flowers there. I would like them if I were a hummingbird.
              Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X