Question about Supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Supplements

My Big Healthy Girls : Fox Farms soil 15 gallon canvas bags sativa dominant Sour Diesel and Purple Haze 3 bottle basic hydroponics System Micro , Grow , and Bloom and Cali Mag every time I water . In the sun/shade during the day , sheltered at nite . I am beyond thrilled as to the lush growth and health of my plants Have followed and listened to the community and Nebula Haze , thank you ! . Here is my question , everything is going well but I’m becoming fascinated by all the hype of the Hydroponic supplements. Im approaching flowering stage in 3 weeks .I question if I can make these plants go above and beyond in Flowering Stage There is Floralicious Flora Nectar and a variety of other supplements in the Hydroponics line and I’m tempted to try some of them , Will my plants benefit from these additional nutrients and if so are they used along with my basic nutrients ? Would that not cause a nutrient overload or nutrient burn ? OR do I stop the basic 3 part nutrient schedule in flower and switch to these “ ultra designer supplements “ for best results . Is it a waste of money or does it truly give you the results that it claims it will . ? (One of my Girls , pic was on my phone taken about three weeks ago ,Photoperiod Sativa Dominant Purple Haze Thank you for your comments and advice Venus Amnesia

I'm not too into using a bunch of additives during my grows.
    I started with GH Flora trio and had pretty good results just running the basic schedule.
    I've since switched to dry nutes(Jacks 3-2-1) throughout the grow and thew only mods I make during the run is replacing 1.5g/gal of the 5-12-26 with MPK bloom booster during the first 3 weeks of flower stretch.
    After that, I run Jacks @ 4-2-1/gallon till finish.
    I will use Tribus bennies and PowerSi on my indoor hydro grows, but the outdoor girls just get nutes and whatever happens to be growing in the soil.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Nice plant! I’ve tried a few supplements but never noticed much of a difference. I know it is easy to see all of the labels with the names that suggest your buds are going to triple in size and feel like you need them but I just don’t believe it’s true. In a perfect world I think you could see a little benefit but I think most people (myself included) are not in a perfect world and would do better focusing on perfecting the basics before trying for the questionablw benefit of supplements. Not to be a buzzkill but my vote is save your money.

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree and that's why I make all my own nutrients from natural sources. I grow in living soil and have found that I don't have to feed at all until late flower and bud. I make a tea from avocado, banana, Epsom, powdered kelp, blackstrap, and azomite that seems to really fatten my buds in their last month. I used to use bottled products and found myself continually chasing PH and dealing with different forms of lockout because of it. Because I'm growing 5 different strains it would be far too much work to stay on top of with off the shelf products. Living soil has freed me up from having to constantly monitor my grows.

It's amazing what the sun will do to MJ with just very good MJ friendly soil and clean water. But i do add ferts/suppliments to my feedings after 60days or so in there containers outdoors. Especially in hot dry windy conditions. I will give them a bloom food higher in potassium when preflower begins, and will top dress with worm casings, bone meal. I feed un sulferated old fashioned molasses mid flower also when dry and ready for water.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• crucialbunny
        crucialbunny commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal, this year I went all in on using molasses throughout my entire grow and I am over the moon pleased with the results. It has made a huge difference keeping my soil chemistry clicking. I've been adding it to my watering schedule once a week and I like what I'm seeing. For what others pay for a single bottle of off the shelf nutrients I can buy a dozen jars of blackstrap.

I’m listening. and learning Part of it is finding what works in your grow in your unique environment . The ladies are in Fox Farms soil and I just bought a grow tent for the 12 hour dark Bloom stage but they were grown in the sunshine . I have a question .. have been using the 3 part hydro system from General Hydroponics from the beginning , slowly transitioning to Early Bloom feedings .. I wanted to try just one supplement as well as molasses during the bloom period . I want to stay with General Hydroponics and I was thinking of trying KoolBloom First , is there a chart for adding supplements to the basic feeding schedule ? second , someone told me that at this stage the Fox Farms soil can become depleted of nutrients from the watering and the sun , is this true ? And last , do any of you use molasses in your bloom period and if you do what do you think of it and what are the amounts used ? Thank you. Venus

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Venus yes i use molasses when it's just watering day. I use 1tbls per gal. of water. I'm using it now and have about 1month till possible outdoor harvest. It's the unsulferated kind any grocery store should have it. I think the pandemic run on it never happened LOL. Yes all soils will get depeleted by watering hence the yellowing. I build my own soil an put in lots of worm casing an bat quano, fish meal an other stuff with N. Grass clippings composted an i reuse my soil from pots a couple times an refresh it. I do see a difference in plumpness

Very nice plant, healthy looking!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X