Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Bonjour toi Puglover1 I apologized for the delay to respond. I would say ask your nephew to help you out with the new light. Sometimes it's better to have a helping hand. Wife do help me when I'm not feeling too well. If you have a set of adjustable rope hanger then I don't see an issue for raising your light.. For now it will be just the Viparspectra, I don't want the "grow room" to be too hot during "daytime" . And also I'm going for a SOG with the autos. I'm planning at least 9 girls per square meters under the P2000 & XS2000. As for the P1500 I'm adding 3 photos and some herbs for wife.

Yep I do (pre-wire) for LST lolll
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 08-05-2021, 07:37 AM.

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the advices PLreef.

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    Farmbuck I haven't switched over my closet yet. My nephew was here yesterday, saw the new light in its box and offered to come by this week to help. Do you think I'll be able to adjust my light's height myself without issues? First grow I was fighting to get the lights closer to the ceiling so I didn't need to use the pulleys. Will you fire up the KingLED at some point for this grow? They look so purty. Oh, do you pre-wire these pots too?

• Puglover1
    commented on 's reply
    I started at 24/0 then went 18/6 ... take that info for what it's worth, lol.

• PLreef
    replied
    So I started thinking about your new light and now your gonna run some autos. I'm no pro by any mean but I have a pretty decent handle on my autos. I ran the lights a a bunch of different ways. 24/0, 20/4, 18/6. When I first sprout my beans I throw them directly into their final home. Usually a 3 or4 gallon pot. I run the seedlings at 24/0 and once their second set of real leave comme out I switch to 18/6 till the chop. I've tried all the other lighting times and Honestly speaking they did the best at 18/6. I really think plants need a some time to recover from growing all day and take a nappy. I've gotten better yields from 18/6. 24/0 yields we much smaller. Just my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    Light looks killer man! Heck, the whole set up looks great! You got me thinking about these lights for my new space. You can't beat the price.
    And I'm with you, no more pro mix. Lol Won't make that mistake again.

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Yep dear western friend. SoOrbudgal I'm going back to my old organic soil no more PRO-MIX for now lollll For the nutrients I'm not changing anything and yes I'll be feeding them in moderation. Remember Budgal I'm not accustomed with autos well not yet anyway loll. Now if the beans can pass custom lolll

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Man oh Man you now have such great lights an space. Are you going to use Urban garden soil mix and the usual stuff for the grow like in your info section? Just low level feeding till you know how well they like it. It's gonna be a blast watching these Farmbuck. I'm so happy for you an that new light. Just wow

• Farmbuck
    replied
    Received my XS2000. She is a beauty !! Now if I can get my autos. In the meantime might as well clean up the pots.

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    replied
    I have some last minute cleaning to do in the "grow room", fitting my 18 pots on the platform and re-adjusting the lights so I can fit my newest addition you know the XS2000. And yes tracking my parcel. The last info is they (the autos beans) are on Canadian soil so hopefully by next week.

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    I think it's a good idea, GWE is ambivalent. I simply started with 18/6 because that seemed to be the most popular choice. Since I have photos mixed in with my Auto seedlings, in my veg tent, I'll stick with 18/6. I am kind of excited about your adventure. I'll be lurking....

• newbutoldgrower75
    replied
    I agree with BU2B, if anyone can do this you are definitely one of them. Don't think Autos are more forgiving buddy, but can only hope for the sake of my grow haha. I remember your last grow, maybe didnt start off the best mate, but you recovered when many would not have. Even though your Mrs ditched the size of the buds lol, if i remember correctly, you still got a good harvest. And like it has already been mentioned, your photography is always inspirational. I think once the first grow is out of the way the anxiety and emotions should settle down some, well that's what I'm hoping for anyway haha. Definitely going to be a roller coaster of a grow for me.

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Remember I'm new at it. I mean the autos types so will see with the 20/4 "daytime". Maybe autos are more forgiveness that photos eh? Or not lolll Remember my last grow non ? Almost a terrible yes a terrible grow but at the end I managed to harvest over 600 g of dry buds & nugs from my photos . And yes the damn anxiety is starting to seek in !! Feel like it's gonna be a roller coaster kind of grow.
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 07-30-2021, 08:23 PM.

• newbutoldgrower75
    replied
    You got this buddy, good luck. I started my first Auto grow about a week ago, and it has already been like a good movie. Lots of drama, suspense, a little action, emotional, with a bit of anxiety thrown in .. lol.

I will be watching for answers to your lighting question mate, lots of different information out there when researching. I have settled for the 18/6 light cycle, but might change my mind after seeing what answers you get.

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    replied
    So here's my question. Some say 20/4 it's better for autos during grow but others reject it. They say 18/6 is the same. So what's your thoughts to this question ? Or should I say your answer... Voilà pour l'instant..!

Just for the fun of it I'm going with it yeah the 24/0 for 2 months and see what will happen after 8 wks non ?
    Last edited by Farmbuck; 08-01-2021, 07:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X