No announcement yet.

Indica monster flowering early + smoke test & wondering when to harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Indica monster flowering early + smoke test & wondering when to harvest

Greetings all! I am based in New York State. I have what is now a rather large indica tree (over 6 feet) that is now 124 days from seed. This is my second grow attempt of all time so please forgive my relative ignorance. Started it indoors using the honorable Mars Hydro and some other lights and she basically exploded once brought outdoors.

Let it be noted I didn't buy the seed online, I got it out of some other weed that was sold to me and was originally distributed as a pound. All I know about it is that it's indica, but around the beginning of July I noticed it was starting to flower. Originally I thought it was auto but now I think it's just a regular photo flowering early. The upper leaves / nodes etc are getting lots of crystals and stuff, some of the lowers have a ways to go and overall the buds aren't done developing.

I did however try some of it the other night after letting it sit in a food dehydrator for a bit and it actually got me pretty tossed. Not that that is the method I'm relying on to know when to harvest, but I tried some a few weeks ago too and I can tell the potency is still increasing.

How long do you think I have to go before i can cut and dry? Thanks in advance for the help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	yOMybTM.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	527970

Name:	FdMCkqU.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	527971

Name:	B3iJxEg.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	527972

Name:	CguULOy.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	527973

Attached Files

It's definitely not ready yet those buds could double. Being outside your location and climate will change the answer, I live in the south and have grown sativas into Dec
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

It was started inside and put out, this in many cases causes them to flower, that and the days are rowing shorter.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise, a question if you will. I will drop some autos late Aug, first run. I want them to have great light so I plan to put them under lights at 2 am then out side for the rest of the day. My question is it worth the effort to carry 3 20 ltr pots up and down a flight of stairs twice a day which will be an effort at 74?

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        My back would not allow that, not even, and then my "pots" are 130 gallon or so. Something to keep in mind for autos out in the heat, autos dont like heat and often fox tail because of it. Some strains/hybrids more some less. Also I would take it your looking at short term autos like 50-90 days and not the 120+ days. Could be worth while IF you need the meds, maybe consider lights indoor on an 18/6 cycle.

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
      It's definitely not ready yet those buds could double. Being outside your location and climate will change the answer, I live in the south and have grown sativas into Dec
      I think probably another month, I'm going to go by the cola size and look at the trichomes under a magnifying glass and when the leaves start to yellow and all that jazz. I guess it's a good sign it actually got me pretty high though already at least it's not a dud. Buds are nice and sticky

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
        TOKABIGONE commented
        Editing a comment
        It's the dirty little secret on the forum that no one admits but I think most do sample early as soon as there are trichomes or sooner. I know I did and talked about it here with little comment. I've seen a few fess up but not many, lol ! Unfortunately for me the effects still are pretty weak but that's another story.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to take early samples, now I just open another jar of cured weed. It worked out well, until we rolled some dead bud from a plant, and got ourselves lost in the field, had to find a fence and follow it out, damn good year!

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      It was started inside and put out, this in many cases causes them to flower, that and the days are rowing shorter.
      Yeaaaaa buddy! Started on 18/6 inside and I'm sure as soon as there was one short night it started, oh well get to enjoy the fruits of my labor earlier i guess

I'm also giving it NPK for another few weeks yet, I've been giving it nutes since I started seeing preflowers

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        It happened here last year just that way. The hope now is that it does not reveg! Mine did not, other folks did, if it reveges it set you back about 4 weeks.

I read my response and thought it doesn't answer your question lol it's early... here's a couple pics I think help on the visual side and this article should explain it better than I would here.

Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• jamesphoto
        jamesphoto commented
        Editing a comment
        MeEasy I have a question for you. I've seen that chart before. I think I always have a tendency to cut my plant before it's ready. The plants that I'm growing outside this time I think I'm going to change. The 'hairs' have about 70-80% gone dark. The trichomes are only about 50% cloudy and 50% glass. Should I judge by the hairs or by the trichomes??? I'm a new grower...

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        I wait for the hairs to say it's ready then start watching the trichomes. The trichomes are the most accurate way to judge them

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Clear = racy paranoid high
        Milky = High THC point
        Amber = couch lock, less THC
        I like Amber she helps me sleep.

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
      I read my response and thought it doesn't answer your question lol it's early... here's a couple pics I think help on the visual side and this article should explain it better than I would here.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/harvest
      Thanks man! Yeah the first sign it's too early yet IMO is the buds obviously aren't fully grown yet, but once they look like they're final size is when I'll start looking at the trichomes close. I think it's gonna be near the end of august or early september. I've been testing it along the way though, it has kind of a chocolate flavor lol, it was delicious. It did manage to get me pretty faded last night so she's gettin there

Comment

• MeEasy
        MeEasy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep I watch the hairs/ pistils as they get like 70ish% dark or red and get curly that's when I start watching the trichomes

• shattascam
        shattascam commented
        Editing a comment
        ​Thanks dude. Yup she's the real deal lol . High as i write this and i even have a pretty high tolerance so i guess it's good stuff. It's probably just now gotten potent. i plucked and tried some like 3-4 weeks ago and it didnt have the same affect yet. Patience will pay off. Will update and post pics once she's ready to cut and dry for good!​

What a good luck find there shattascam yes sir she's a beauty. Harder days are coming as fall approaches, get ready for weather changes just have some way of blocking most rain from her budding. Be real vigalent ( can't spell ) about looking for bugs cause they love the smell of resins sweetness. Have fun it looks like a mid sept harvest for ya just a guess.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
        What a good luck find there shattascam yes sir she's a beauty. Harder days are coming as fall approaches, get ready for weather changes just have some way of blocking most rain from her budding. Be real vigalent ( can't spell ) about looking for bugs cause they love the smell of resins sweetness. Have fun it looks like a mid sept harvest for ya just a guess.
        Ya if it rains really heavy i'll probably throw a tarp over it lol. I'm pretty stoked about yield! Don't wanna get my hopes up but i was originally hoping for a pound but we'll see lol

Comment

Give about 2 months and then check tricomes

Comment

Ain't she a bute? Any suggestions? Still a ways from harvestable?

Name:	COv1uSC.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	529017

Name:	JirPfQg.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	529018

Name:	iCM1PVm.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	529019

Name:	Xhbv6Q5.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	529020

Name:	Ke8ftih.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	529021

Comment

Hard to tell from the pics but if you can still see white hairs she probably isn’t ready. The amount of bud on your plants also looks like their is still room to plump up. It is good to know the time since seed but better to know the time since bloom started. I started four plants under lights and when I brought them outside 2 plants (same strain) both bloomed almost immediately. I think it is a combination of transplant shock and not spending enough time hardening the plant to outside light (plus I think the genetics of that strain were not totally stable). If they haven't re-vegged yet it is unlikely they will (mine never have once they started blooming but I know others who have said theirs did). I am just about done harvesting the two plants but the other two haven’t even gone into bloom yet.

Comment

Bloom started near the end of June/early July that's when I just starting seeing early signs of flowering. I've been monitoring it flowering and it seems like it's just truckin on as opposed to reverting to veg so I think I'm good. Also the actual plant hasnt noticeably grown much since flower started, shoots just stretched a bit. I'm probably at least a month away from being ready to cut anything, just my uneducated guess

Comment

I would cut them leaves off that look like they have eggs on them

Comment

She seems to be flowering good i'm still giving her NPK and calmag. I've tried some of the bud by flash dehydrating and it's pretty dank lol. Hoping to harvest before not too long i guess just waiting to see how much more the buds swell. Here's pics of all the bud sites or at least the main ones there's a shit load of bud already on her

Click image for larger version  Name:	pyxZtDA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	529868

Click image for larger version  Name:	amMbL2M.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.6 KB ID:	529869

Click image for larger version  Name:	zAUqFLr.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.2 KB ID:	529870

Click image for larger version  Name:	A10DYEJ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	529871

Click image for larger version  Name:	JAqkuVf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.2 KB ID:	529872

Click image for larger version  Name:	Q1AwC0n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.7 KB ID:	529873
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	LqXxqZf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.5 KB ID:	529874

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mo7jIUD.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.2 KB ID:	529875

Click image for larger version  Name:	1dz05DS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.2 KB ID:	529876

Click image for larger version  Name:	MmIzZmk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.5 KB ID:	529877

Attached Files

Comment

• MeEasy
                      MeEasy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's a nice plant really hard to judge ripeness through a picture. I would start doing some defoliation mainly through the middle to guarantee airflow through the plant and keep an eye out for bugs I see quite a bit of bug activity on the leaves. If you have a way to magnify the trichomes on the buds (not leaves, leaves are liars) that's the best way to judge the ripeness and see if Amber is there yet 😉

• shattascam
                      shattascam commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks man gonna post a trichome pic

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X