Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!!

I have browsed a lot of related knowledge recently. Because I am busy at work, I am worried that I don’t have much time to take care of it. I want to grow something that does not require much time to care for. Besides succulents, are there any other recommendations?

Berry plants are no brainers. Black berry, blueberry, raspberry, boysenberry, and grapes. Cut them back once a year and some watering. I grow them all in pots on my balcony.

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have Lemon, orange and cherry’s. They don’t need any kind of attention at all 🤷🏼‍♂️ I just cut all the fruits every December

• phamty
      phamty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for your recommendation.

If you are talking about weed it can be grown with almost no care it's literally a weed but with no care the quality is probably not gonna be very good it takes quite a bit of love to grow good weed
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

OK here's the rub phamty, as I see it your biggest challenge now is to sit down and decide do I really have the time right now to commit a minimum of 1/2 hour every day to plant care of any type. More than that initially as you prepare and set up for growing if you plan to do it inside. I understand the pressing needs of a young family, marriage and work. Is your wife on board with growing pot around your child? Will she commit to helping out when you're swamped? Do I have room for a grow tent? Is it better right now to just scratch up a little dirt and throw some zucchini seeds in the ground? They're a great plant to show your child what growing plants is about and they're delicious dipped in egg and fried. I'm going to eat breakfast now.
      Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 07-28-2021, 10:33 AM.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Scrub oaks grow with no help at all, as are the plants in the pic. She is 10 feet tall and has had only rain water since the seeds were dropped on the ground. No ferts, nothing has been done but the males chopped down. I grew weed this way for 30 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          Scrub oaks grow with no help at all, as are the plants in the pic. She is 10 feet tall and has had only rain water since the seeds were dropped on the ground. No ferts, nothing has been done but the males chopped down. I grew weed this way for 30 years or so.
          Yes sir these are weeds and will grow without much help. I live where we only get 6 or 8 inches of rain per year so had to be a little more selective on where to plant and feeding mostly with tomato spikes you stick in the ground but I to grew in the great outdoors only visiting them once a month or so for something like 30 years probably more like 25 because I had some years I couldn't grow
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            There were some years the top 1/3-2/3 of the plants died from heat (no water) but still produced well in the end.

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yeah I lost so many plants due to weather, that's the bad thing about growing out there. Now that it's legal I'd like to try my luck outside my house just worried I wouldn't be the one to harvest them. People are worse than deer

Edit = I do have a tiny duckfoot auto started outside right now, but I was talking wanting to get something going like you have
            Last edited by MeEasy; 07-29-2021, 07:34 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X