Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm leaving....I can't take this nonsense anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm leaving....I can't take this nonsense anymore!

Tent life. I'm leaving tent life for good.
    In the process of setting up a 12' x 14" x 8' grow room. Framed in 2 walls and started sheet rock. Sill need to Sheetrock the other 2 walls and the ceiling. This room is in my basement and I couldn't ask for better Temps year round. Though I do have a portable AC and I'm adding a zone off my furnace for heat if needed. I got 6ml diamond mylar for thr walls and floor( by vivosun). For my air system I'm using and infinity T8 and an infinity carbon air scrubber. I'll set up my 3x3 tent in the room as a drying room. That will have the infinity T6 with attached infinity carbon air scrubber.
    For lights I'm running GC ROI-E680, Spectrum King SK402 and a pair of Optic 1XLs. Hoping to add 2 more GC ROI-E680 to this. That was everything can run on the same controller. Pretty psyched to get this moving. Still got a ton of shit to do. The electrical will be a bit of challenge. I'm hoping to have beans in the dirt by the end of next weekend. Sorry for the mess, it'd a work in progress.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

That's going to be so cool. I hope to do same shit eventually. Good job man.
    4x4 w/ Mars hydro fc-e4800
    1x Slapz
    1x Quikz
    2x red runtz
    1x flo-see
    1x 2B blunt
    1x persian pie

Comment

Looks amazing 🧐 I'm still working out the details on my growroom, pretty much waiting on the weather to calm down this fall... 🤞 good luck it's definitely exciting to see your progress
      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
      3 gallon pots all autos
      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
      👇my one n only journal👇
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

What a dream, good for you.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks guys. I've had the itch to do this for a while. I had to sell a kidney to buy the 2x4s though. $9.89 USD each! Prices on building materials is going through the roof!
          Anyone have experience putting sheets of mylar on the walls? I was going to use a spray adhesive and try to unroll it directly on the walls. I've never done it before. Any thoughts?
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            When I built my cabinet I used 'space blankets' ( 52" x 82" ) because they were cheap on Amazon. I cut the ply to size then sprayed adhesive on and stretched the mylar over them before assembly. Maybe consider doing this on the drywall before cutting to size. Use TWO people to do this and you will get it pretty smooth. I did it by myself with a few wrinkles which doesn't matter in the end. If you already bought rolls of mylar you could still do it by cutting a piece longer than 8' long and then trim cut after the adhesive drys
            a few minutes after you stretch. Spray a generous amount on the drywall only. You don't have to spray the mylar, just the drywall, Then just smooth and press with your hands. Can be a little messy so cover things nearby for overspray.. Good Luck !
            Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 07-25-2021, 09:58 AM.

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course if the drywall is hung then it's a bit late for my first suggestion, lol ! With 2 people for sure. Doing it verticle is a little more difficult but still doable. Start at the top and smooth out as you go down. Try to keep the bottom part from sagging into the wall as you go cu it sticks on contact so you don't want it to touch the wall before your'e ready. I did the 4' x 5' cabinet door this way after it was hung.

Ya I built a room a while back used a solid exterior door got a deadbolt lock set. It is friggin dark in there.

Comment

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            I definitely plant on using a exterior door. I want the room as sealed as possible.

• Smokesteve
            Smokesteve commented
            Editing a comment
            Get an exterior door pre hung no trim. You make your rough openings around the door a half inch bigger. After you hang the door use really good minimally expanding foam to fill in. Then trim it out with 4 x 3/4 square stock.

Kool welcome to the "grow room " club @PLreef Hope to see more of your grow room.
          Last edited by Farmbuck; 07-25-2021, 09:21 AM.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            Is there a secret handshake? If not there totally should be!

Ha, your title scared me a little. This ain't leaving, it's moving up in the world so I'm happy for you. Take your time to do it right so no regrets. I envy your space !!
          Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
          Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
          Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
          Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
          Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
          i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
          My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
          make pH correction unnecessary
          Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
          8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
          Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
          Semper Fidelis!

Comment

I've been doing some research on growrooms because of my upcoming build and I bookmarked this article comparing mylar and just painting if you want to check it out

https://www.mygrowfloor.com/blogs/ne...hting%20source.
            TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
            s silver haze... strawberry haze...
            .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
            TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
            2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
            TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
            3 gallon pots all autos
            Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
            👇my one n only journal👇
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Very interesting and surprising information in that article! Hard to believe that flat white paint has more efficacy than mylar. But the article goes on to say that white paint reflects 70 to 75 percent of light while mylar reflects 90 to 98 percent so I'm a bit confused

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              Great read, thanks. I'll try and dig up the video I watched a few weeks ago. The guy tested different types of materials and how well they reflect light. Flat white paint scored higher than regular smooth mylar but the diamond textured mylar scored the highest over all.

When I built our grow room I decided to use Panda film. At every seem I used white gorilla tape to seal everything up. With the thought of having to replace it, didn't glue to the wall. Used vinyl strips to hold it down. After turning exhaust fan on first time had to go back and add more because it tried sucking everything off the wall. At least I got it sealed good. Since then have added a intake fan as well, both with adjusters and dialed it in with a little negative air pressure.
            DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
            TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
            Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
            10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
            50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
            8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
            2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
            w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
            2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
            2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
            GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
            Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
            . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
            Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Morning update.
              Got about half the mylar up.. What a royal pain in the ass! Lol I used spray on contact cement. Had to cut the sheets down to a manageable size. 6' or so.
              Tonight I should just about wrap up the electric. Im running 2 12 amp circuits for plugs and tying into an existing circuit for the room lights.
              5x5 Gorilla tent
              Infinity T8 exhaust fan
              Technaflora nutes
              Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                TOKABIGONE commented
                Editing a comment
                Snicker, snicker, snort ! I told you so, lol ! The good part is after you get wiring and tubing and fans strung around nobody will see anything but brightness except you. Oh wait....it's a grow room, nobody is supposed to see it but you !! Did you enlist help ?
                Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 07-27-2021, 11:42 AM.

• PLreef
                PLreef commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm pretty much doing everything solo. Though my honey did give me a hand with the mylar. A few small wrinkles, nothing crazy. It's not perfect but it's perfectly acceptable. I'm a contractor by trade so it's not much different than what I do all day anyway. Honestly I prefer to work alone.

• TOKABIGONE
                TOKABIGONE commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey I noticed you are a contractor. General or trade if I may ask? If you say electrical I have to go delete my post down below real quick. I was questioning your electrical knowledge, lol ! Better safe than sorry I guess

Your grow room will be as big as my living room. Except my ceiling is 9'.
              More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6
              Nutes
              CalMag

Comment

Will you partition it off for different stages or use as a lung room with tents? I'm a bit concerned for you regarding your electrical circuitry.. Have you considered your total fully operational current draw or wattage use you will have? By your outline I see the need for 1 20 amp circuit and at least 1, preferably 2, 15 amp circuits run to the breaker box assuming you have the space for minimum 2 new breakers in the box. I'm not trying to be a know it all here PL, If you already know this stuff please forgive me. I've done many home construction projects including electrical that I always made sure was up to code for safety sake. OK? I could tell some horror stories but I won't. Best of luck with it sir. You'll have fun just in getting it all working together!

Sorry for the gloom and doom.
                Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
                Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
                Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
                Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
                Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
                i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
                My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
                make pH correction unnecessary
                Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
                8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
                Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
                Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah I figured as much, that's why I tip toed up to the subject rather than just blast you, lol ! It was the 12 amp thing that tripped my breaker! And I thought you were challenged by the electrical. What you have now is overkill but that's fine.

I went to HD a couple weeks ago for a dozen 2x4x8' thinking i'd spend $25. I walked out when I saw the total price over a hundred bucks. Screw that, I'll finish my project next year maybe if at all now.

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The lumber prices are out of freaking control! $25 would get you two and a half 2x4s in my neck of the woods. Lol I really hope to see the prices go back down but I'm not very optimistic. I lost at least a half a dozen large contracts this year. Homeowners thought we (contractors) were price gouging. These prices are gonna put alot of good contractor's out of business.

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, logging and milling were pretty much at a halt for a year so it will take awhile for the entire supply chain to ramp back up but you're right, it will never come back down to previous levels. Look at beef...10 - 12 bucks a lb for cheap cuts. Hamburger 25% fat for 7 bucks! Whats for dinner? Veggie burgers, oh boy!

If you get into your breaker box and find you don't have a slot to add another breaker I found way round this that meets my local electrical codes. Menards sells a double pole single slot breaker. I used these to add circuits when renovating the house my kids in and I used them to add the circuits for grow related updates here. I also ran each circuit related to my growing though a GFI outlet since I do hydro and 1 outlet is on opposite of pole that is behind the faucets on sink.

Comment

• PLreef
                  PLreef commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Luckily I still have 4 spots open. I've used the double pole single slot breakers on of my jobs a few months back. They work great in rehabs.

Here ya go Poppa
                5x5 Gorilla tent
                Infinity T8 exhaust fan
                Technaflora nutes
                Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Poppa
                  Poppa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep those worked at kids mine is a different type but same basic thing.

• TOKABIGONE
                  TOKABIGONE commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I used 2 of them in my boarding kennel revamp

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X