• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3066.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	535313
    I have a request - just one. IF you use BU2B's PPP method and you find it useful; PLEASE SHARE IT! I will be happy to answer any questions or field any comments but the entire goal here is to get as many people getting as much as is possible out of their plants! It's easy, It doesn't add any extra time to your grow and yes, it WILL allow you to average a Pound Per Plant! So, your state will only allow you four plants? Use BU2B's PPP Method on your indoor grows and change those 4 plants into 4 lbs 3 times a year! You too can be a happy Pharmer!
    Last edited by BU2B; 09-09-2021, 02:15 AM.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      My Wild Thai is growing as crazy as this month has been going. I'm going to need advice from you or a Sativa soil grower on training her. I can follow a diagram but I have other questions. Later, if I'm awake as late as my usual. Thnx.

Update 23: 9.9.21 At Week 6 Day 2 of veg. Each plant is approximately 12inches in diameter and 6 inches tall, with well over 50 flowering growth tips each.
    Banana Kush & Chocolate Mint OG Week 6 Day 2
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3961.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.75 MB ID:	535408
    In another 3 weeks the girls will have in excess of 80 flowering tips each at the rate they are growing. 80 is just too many to deal with without doing a scrog grow. There is just no way to effectively spread each plant out enough in a 4x4 tent during flowering with that many flowering growth tips. I do my best not to have more than 60 active flowering growth tips per plant. The week 3 defoliation will include some selective culling of growth tips that are never going to develop fully or that are not at the top of the canopy. I've found that allowing more than 60 flowering branches per plant just means more work trimming smaller bud packets NOT increased bud weight. Anything above 60 growth tips without making it a scrog grow will likely increase your trimming time and decrease your over-all harvest weight. If however you are growing a 4x4 single beastly beauty (like 'some' people) you could effectively double the 60 branch limit with your one monster plant.
    Last edited by BU2B; 09-09-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Just wow my brother! You are the Hydro Master beyond doubt! Look at the size of the trunks; got to be at least an inch in diameter or more. There is no doubt in my mind now that hydro can really perform IF you can tend it closely. I'm still sticking to my 'create a soil' program cuz I can get my hands in it, lol!
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Funny. Didn't notice the trunks. Your right. Man!!

Update 24: 9.11.21 Week 6 Day 4 - The Geometry of Cannabis Cultivation (The Banana Kush is growing in a square and the Chocolate Mint OG is growing in a circle) It's the little things

Name:	Geometry.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	2.68 MB
ID:	535583

Comment

Looking good. Don't think I have enough nerves to do hydro again. Too many variables for me now. Always wanted to try Choco mint.
        keeping it green with the soil thing
        love me some frosty autos
        braap
        BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
        Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
        the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
        blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• BU2B
          BU2B commented
          Editing a comment
          stop by around the christmas/new year holiday -

Those plants look so perfect and nice and neat. Mine looks like something from girls gone wild. I'm gonna have to start to transition to flower today or I am going to run out of room. I love the way these are growing with this method. You are THE MAN!
        DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
        TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
        Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
        10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
        50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
        8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
        2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
        w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
        2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
        2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
        GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
        Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
        . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
        Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Update 25: 9.13.21. Photo below is at Week 6 Day 6
          Click image for larger version  Name:	11F9581A-CD41-4AE7-8F0B-4C547C99B38D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.73 MB ID:	536357
          Last edited by BU2B; 09-13-2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• BU2B
            BU2B commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I know, eh? The Banana Kush leaves are packed in like sardines. Choco’s a bit bigger but lankier. However I’ve pulled a few leaves from her as big as my hand. 2 more weeks till transition to bloom. So far, so good…

• Ckbrew
            Ckbrew commented
            Editing a comment
            Amazing growth. Looks like it is getting a bit crowded. When is next defoliation? Do you ever get water droplets forming between the leaves when they are this dense?

• BU2B
            BU2B commented
            Editing a comment
            Ckbrew LOL the crowded part is hopefully yet to come. I've been doing a little defoliation each day, the next big defoliation will happen during transition to bloom which starts in two weeks. Re: water on leaves- Absolutely even here in the desert (one of the reasons I've been doing a little defoliation each day.)

Update 25b: 9.14.21
          I’ve tried to ween the Chocolate Mint off of the cal/mag. But she still wants some.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	D570FC14-5E0E-43AC-AE5E-3F35B45B3827.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.97 MB ID:	536395

Last edited by BU2B; 09-14-2021, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Update 26: 9.16.21 Week 7 Day 2 Before and after pics of defoliation and splay out. 5x more leaves removed from the Banana Kush than the Chocolate Mint OG
            ​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	B0B1D21A-935E-41D9-A968-982960CCEF9E.jpeg
Views:	281
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	536908

Name:	48CBF0CE-A384-4D20-8F03-9A8B3A1E35DA.jpeg
Views:	269
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	536909

I kid you not... When I'm splaying the girls out I almost always find myself humming "Tie Your Mother Down"
            Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	536899
            Last edited by BU2B; 09-16-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hardly tell you took leaf offf LOL but i know you did. Beautifully healthy gals, grow upward an strong little ladies.

Looking Fabulous my friend, Fabulous! Ha, you will transition around 9 weeks but Buck is already flowering at 3? I think mine will veg a little more as they are Sativa. I would like a little more height and should get it. Training should slow them a little bit.
            Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
            Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
            Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
            Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
            Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
            i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
            My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
            make pH correction unnecessary
            Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
            8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
            Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
            Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Update 26b: 9.17.21 Week 7 Day 3 - Keeping the canopy even (a three pic photo upgrade as of this morning.)
              Both Girls - Banana Kush on the left, Chocolate Mint OG right

Name:	73 both.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	3.37 MB
ID:	537038
              Banana Kush

Name:	73 bk.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	537039
              Chocolate Mint OG

Name:	73 CM.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	537040

Comment

• BU2B
                BU2B commented
                Editing a comment
                Update - I just did a quick count... For the Chocolate Mint OG I quit counting after 80. And that's too many... culling is coming up. I'd say cuttings if I didn't already have other plans for the next grow other than more BK and CMOG

• Ckbrew
                Ckbrew commented
                Editing a comment
                Folding like u would do in super cropping?

• BU2B
                BU2B commented
                Editing a comment
                Folding like u would do in super cropping?
                Not to that extreme. Just folding them over, no crease or knot. But if you were going to super-crop, this would be a good stage to do so. I know some who have super-cropped much later, up to 3 weeks into flowering. But I'm not that brave. I've found that if you wait until the stretch happens to super-crop 'many, many' strains will develop hollow stems to help support the weight of the coming flowers. I think that I only super-crop 50% of the time (and that's being generous in favor of super-cropping). I find most of my plants don't 'need' to be super-cropped, but that hasn't stopped me yet. lol
                Last edited by BU2B; 09-17-2021, 09:28 AM.

Update 27b: 9.19.21 (Same information, hopefully better photo's after a little more defoliation)
              Both girls are progressing right on schedule and SO FAR there have been no major issues or big problems that have left me scratching my head wondering what to do next. Due to this; I'm able to focus a bit more on the grow and not the issues related with it. In regard to keeping the canopy level, I'm sure there are a multitude of great reasons why indoor growers should quickly acquire the skill; but here are my top few:
              • It spreads your plant out and that is essential with flowering coming up.
              • It allows all growth tips to get light evenly (something only required with indoor growing)
              • It exposes growth tips just under the canopy so that they can grow up to the same height as the canopy
              • Folding over your plant at this point can also result in MORE growth tips and hence more bud packets
              Here are a few photo examples from this grow, taken this morning:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	w7d5_canopy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.57 MB ID:	537466
              Click image for larger version  Name:	w7d5bk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.48 MB ID:	537467
              Click image for larger version  Name:	w7d5cmog.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	537468
              Last edited by BU2B; 09-19-2021, 10:23 AM. Reason: replaced photo's - edited text

Comment

Update 28: 9.22.21

Week 8 Day 1. 1 more week until I start changing the Light schedule. The girls got a fresh tub with transition to bloom nutes and a little cal/mag to keep Choco happy. The tub liquid levels are 5 inches below the top of of the lids. With a 2 inch net pot that means the roots are out of the water for 3 inches.

Name:	48E734B1-8A9E-4B64-86D2-B94EBE65E835.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	538025

Name:	BDBCA9F0-4E46-4694-9EC1-E7F0CBEAEF3E.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	538024

Comment

Update 29: 9.23.21
                  Week 8 Day 2. As you can see, folding back branches, selective defoliation and keeping the canopy level has done its job. A myriad of growth tips are all exposed and relatively even with the rest of the canopy.

Growth Tips

Name:	bk_cmog_w8d2.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	538442
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	2F6575E1-8AFE-4B1F-9019-E968C251F958.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	538290
                  Last edited by BU2B; 09-24-2021, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Update 29b: 9.23.21 Week 8 Day 2
                    The plan for the coming week is pretty simple. Just keep watering them and allow them to grow for another week before the BIG defoliation at the start of Transition to Bloom next Wednesday. Beginning on the 29th the girls will get their first ever darkness. I'll be adding 2 hours of darkness per day until they are up to 12&1/2 contiguous hours of darkness. I keep the light on at night and off during the daylight hours. In the summertime this means the light is on when the ambient temperature is lowest which keeps temps down in the tent. In the winter I also keep the lights on at night, again, because this is when it's coolest and warming the tent up on a winters night is a good thing. The reason I go with 12&1/2 hours of darkness is so that I have 15 minutes on either end or 30 minutes all on one end for opening the tent if I want or need to to take photo's etc. and it still doesn't affect the 12 hours of darkness.

Don't be surprised when it comes time for the start of flowering defoliation if you see more leaves on the plant(s) than most leave in place. Until the girls start kicking out flowers leaves are still necessary for the plant to grow and get proper nutrition. I find that I usually do a bigger defoliation at week 3 of flowering as flowers are already established, bud sites are easy to identify and expose and this defoliation needs to last for 5 weeks, only 2 of which the girls will be producing new leaves.

To be quite honest, I'm getting a little excited for flowering to start...

Comment

• BU2B
                      BU2B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks SoOrbudgal as Popeye would say “I yam what I yam” and I’m really not fond of yams. 🤣

• Ckbrew
                      Ckbrew commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are all the bud sites near the top of the canopy?

• BU2B
                      BU2B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ckbrew not all but the vast majority - and all bud sites will be exposed in just under a week. By the 3 week defoliation I will know which ones are staying and which growth tips are going. Both plants will have 100 or so growth tips by time for Transition to bloom. Week 3 of flowering, about 40 of the least productive and growth tips that are not going to reach the top of the canopy will be culled - leaving around 60 bud sites per plant to reach maturity.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X