Holiday Treats -(here we grow again)-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Holiday Treats -(here we grow again)-

Click image for larger version  Name:	HolidayTreatsMoon.jpg Views:	1 Size:	264.8 KB ID:	526961
    Holiday Treats -(here we grow again)-
    Time to start now for tasty Holiday treats. Chocolate Mint OG and Banana Kush started germination today.
    The Plan:
    * Start Seeds with the moon - X
    * Have seedlings in tubs by 8.1.21 - X (actual date 7.26.21)
    * Start bloom by 10.1.21 -X (actual first day of flowering 10.4.21)
    * Harvest by 12.3.21 - X (actual harvest date 11.27.21)
    * Have Holiday Tree Treats for gifts by 12.24.21
    I'll be showing the BU2B's PPP Method with two different strains. I'm not planning anything special or extraordinary. Hoping for a 'quiet' grow without incident and some nice buds in time for the Holidays. Interested parties are more than welcome along for the ride.

Grow Specifics:
    Chocolate Mint OG & Banana Kush (both feminized photo's)
    DWC Hydro
    4'x4' Grow tent
    MarsHydro TS3000
    GH Flora Trio
    Hydroguard, MagiCal, PH down, Big Bud, Bud Candy, Flawless Finish
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	526962
    Last edited by BU2B; 11-28-2021, 03:06 PM.

Ok I'm in. Are either of those Sativa leaning? I'm hoping to make my fall start in late August with Acapulco Gold and Panama strains. Old school strains with hybridization but close to original levels of cannabinoids, terpenes and effects. My grow cabinet is on the screen porch so I'm not gonna battle the heat but I do want to watch you do your thing so I can apply it to that grow. Happy Growing with no stress and great rewards!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Update 1: 7.25.21
      Sorry TOKABIGONE both seeds are Indica dominant hybrids. I loves me some couch lock
      Growing with the moon... Here's why I say it works; started the seeds yesterday about 2pm currently 24 hours later AND I just checked the seeds- the Cholate Mint OG seed (7 years old) has a tail and the Banana Kush (5 years old) is swollen to twice it's size and will have a tail before morning. Both seeds should be ready to go in net pots by tomorrow.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes sir i do like your strains. I'm sure those will be just like you want them to finish. Good luck may your grow be carefree

• BU2B
        BU2B commented
        Editing a comment
        If I mess this one up it will be EXACTLY like my wife says 'Well, that's the first time I've ever done that again!'

Update 2: 7.26.21
      Time to get the babies in their net pots ... And they're off! For future reference the Banana Kush is in the tub with the orange ring around the air intake tube
      Click image for larger version  Name:	cmbk1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	929.3 KB ID:	527372
      Click image for larger version  Name:	cmbk2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.97 MB ID:	527373

Net pots are a sandwich of ceramic stones, jiffy pod with germinated seed, ceramic stones.
      The tubs contain: water, hydroguard, ph down, two cheap and cheerful 2 dollar aerator stones and are filled to just below the net pots.
      Bubbles from the aerator stones break and wet the ceramic stones, which in turn keeps the jiffy pod damp but not wet. Stones on top, keep light from entering the tub.
      The light is currently at 36 inches above the top of the buckets.
      Last edited by BU2B; 07-26-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	E70DC016-40C9-46A5-8C6F-74E7F9DB72D6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	527498
        I believe in the good things coming
        Last edited by BU2B; 07-27-2021, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Two enthusiastic Thumbs Up! Show us how it's done Professor.
          My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
          I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
          Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	A648CC83-9C7B-4004-896D-05E3F8D7FC89.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.33 MB ID:	527540
            Twenty hours in their net pots and heads are above the soil

As these girls grow they will be trained out as in the diagram below (top down) to produce 40-60 flowering branches per plant
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Diagram1 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.9 KB ID:	527551
            If you would like a PDF copy of BU2B's PPP Method (graciously edited and compiled by grouchyoldman ) you can get a copy of it here -> PPP_123120.pdf
            Click image for larger version

Name:	79FE54E9-16D1-45ED-AF1B-02BAD391A993.jpeg
Views:	566
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	535014
            Last edited by BU2B; 09-07-2021, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Ckbrew
              Ckbrew commented
              Editing a comment
              To clarify your diagram, the black lines on the branches with a green dot at the base represent fan leaves?

• BU2B
              BU2B commented
              Editing a comment
              Ckbrew Black is branches (but, yes described as you have) the black on the side branches does represent where a fan leaf would be. Grey represents removed fan leaves off of your two main branches and the green dots are flowering growth tips. In the example above there are 40 flowering growth tips - 44 if you count the 4 upward growing growth tips on the two main branches (represented as small circles) in the diagram. If allowed to grow out just one more node before growing upward the plant in the diagram above would have a whopping 68 flowering growth tips in just 8 weeks.
              Last edited by BU2B; 08-15-2021, 10:57 AM.

Update 4: 7.28.21
            First Official Day of the grow starts today. Everything up to this point has been in preparation of starting vegetation mode. I do note the date I start germination, the date they have germinated and been put in net pots, even how long it is until they pop their heads up after being 'placed' in the net pot; however I don't call it the start of the grow until the girls have kicked their caps. Now that the girls are 'seedlings' as opposed to just germinated seeds, vegetation mode can begin and the growing starts.

I've got to hit up the local lumber store at some point soon as I noticed this morning that both of my tub lids have splits starting from the center. The girls will weigh in at 8 - 10 lbs each when nearing maturity and that much pressure on a two inch hole that already has a crack is just begging for trouble. If all goes well 3lbs+ of that weight on each plant will be buds [wet weight] and that doesn't include weight from the stalk, branches, stems or leaves.

TIP: Should you ever find yourself in a similar situation where you need to replace a damaged tub lid, the earlier in your grow that you do so the better as soon root growth will make removing or replacing a 2 inch net pot from a 2 inch hole nearly impossible.

some may notice there's no update 3: I figured you were all smart enough to know it's the one between 2 and 4
            Click image for larger version  Name:	bk_seedling.jpg Views:	29 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	527795
            Banana Kush - Day One

Click image for larger version  Name:	cmog_seedling.jpg Views:	35 Size:	1.40 MB ID:	527794
            Chocolate Mint OG - Day One
            I probably won't do another update until the girls are at least a week old or until roots hit the water.
            Have a good one folks... and Happy Pharming!
            Last edited by BU2B; 08-01-2021, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Small update - 7.29.21

The babies on day two with new lids.

Name:	813DD394-A230-46A7-98F7-AD152B02D2B0.jpeg
Views:	754
Size:	4.30 MB
ID:	528121

Comment

Pretty little babies! Why is everybody growing but me? I want some babies!

Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Update 5: 8.1.21

Both babies have started on leaf set #2 and now have roots emerging from the net pots (root photos 7.31.21)

A few photo's from my last Banana Kush and Chocolate Mint OG Grow from 4 years ago (harvested the first part of December)
                  hmmmm... same strains, same time, it's like Deja Vu all over again!

Name:	IMG_9194.jpeg
Views:	728
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	528807Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9232.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	528809

Name:	IMG_9234.jpg
Views:	732
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	528810
                  Pretty sure I can do better (I say that every time). My GOAL is always 1 kilo of dried and cured flower for every 2 plants.
                  And the Banana Kush + Chocolate Mint OG 2021 grow as of 8.1.21

Name:	IMG_3842.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	528806Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3844.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	3.98 MB
ID:	528808

Name:	IMG_3843.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	847.5 KB
ID:	528804Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3845.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	747.8 KB
ID:	528805

Name:	HomeGrown.gif
Views:	533
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	528811

Comment

WTF, i must be stoned, I swear there are trichomes on those tiny leaves

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Update 6: 8.4.21
                      Not much to report really, however; the girls are 1 week old today. Here’s a few baby pictures.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	46467725-347D-4690-9A14-EACF7EB7FCE2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	529280
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	DEE64296-4170-4B41-96F5-D4123B103780.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.92 MB ID:	529279
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	ED0C3E70-6545-42E2-B73D-2889E5341156.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.93 MB ID:	529281

and a rare photo of them in their natural habitat!
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	124CD075-4989-4D95-B1E3-E7AECB4A2ECA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.27 MB ID:	529278

TIP: If you're just starting to grow in HYDRO and using DWC like I am, from this point you want to let the water level in your tubs go down naturally by about 4 inches. The roots should be well established by now and will follow the water. Within the next few weeks you want to try and stabilize your tub levels so that the water/nutrients is 4 inches below the net pot. This will leave the roots exposed to open air for the first 4 inches before reaching the liquid level in your tubs. It may not seem like much of a change but this 4 inch gap of roots being open to the air can make all the difference to your success.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	HomeGrown.gif Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	529288

Last edited by BU2B; 08-04-2021, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Smoklahoma
                        Smoklahoma commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Haven't heard of the 4 inch gap. Best I could come up with was 1/2 below the net pot from all the reading about it before i started. I want my plants to look just like the beautiful plants that you have posted picts of your grows! I will drop the level tonight for sure! Going to be watching your every move as I am a week ahead of you and trying the PPP method.

Hey BU2B put that bong away....they're too young yet, lol ! I know the little white specks are't trichomes but they look like it or am I seeing things?

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• BU2B
                        BU2B commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nope, you're not seeing things. The leaves do have tiny little white hairs on them

Smoklahoma The last thing I want to do is be giving you wrong information so I just checked my watering stick and did some measuring. I have it marked in the good to best zone from 3-5 inches from the top of the lid. As you can see by the state of the stick - I've used these measurements for quite some time.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3860.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.07 MB ID:	529320
                      First line (Blue) is 3 inches below the top T (bottom side of the T)
                      3-4 inches below the lid GOOD zone
                      4-5 inches below the lid BEST zone
                      More than 5 inches from the top - add a little bit to keep it in the BEST zone

Please note: this IS a slight adjustment to the TIP given in the last update

Random Ramblings: Why I use a measuring stick. Once your plant's get established they can be rather heavy, as I mentioned before your plant when nearing completion can weigh close to 10 lbs and this is NOT including the roots - unless you have a growing partner or a partner who grows getting that lid lifted to check on roots and nutrient/water levels can be iffy at best. This is even more true as you are likely using tie-down wire to spread her out, all of which have to be removed every time you remove the lid. It is however; ALWAYS a good idea to know the water level in your tubs and if its looking questionable address the level and quality as needed. A stick with a T bar comes in very handy. It won't slip into my watering hole and the T bar gives me a good consistent marker so I know my measurements are always correct. Just don't paint or mark on your stick on one side or else just use permanent marker. You need one side not treated if you paint it so that you can SEE where the water level is on one side and compare it to where it should be on the other.

I hope this explains THE GAP better than I can -> The Kratky Method - Grow Food The Passive Hydroponic Way (Step by Step Guide) | Trees.com
                      What I'm using is actually a DWC Kratky hybrid
                      Last edited by BU2B; 08-04-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X