Bore worms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bore worms!

I have not had the opportunity to deal with these before, for now when I find one I crush the stem it is in. I think this is effective as I can fell the worm pop. What I see is a fat place in the steam with bug poo pushing out of it. So far I have not killed any of the tips of the affected limbs, it does make a bit of a weird looking spot.
    Anyone got another idea on dealing with these frickin bore worms?

Got a picture Rwise ? BT kills worms, but you already know that. Right?
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I'll keep it in mind for bud worms, I dont like spraying anything on buds. I also think it may not work well on bore worms as they are inside the plant. Its also odd that it seems they are on one hybrid (Black Domina x BB3) and not the others, at least not as many.

Comment

Out in the heat doing some trimming and searching, I found a water leaf with one of these damn bugs/worms. Also investigating what i thought was bud rot, well its these damn worms tunneling into the bud and down the center of the steam eating the inside of it thus killing that bud. I seen this last year also but did not relate it to a worm eating its way inside the steam. The worms are orange for whatever that may mean. This leaf was on a MPxT1000 x Santa Marta Colombian Gold Fem.

Comment

Went out to look after rain most of the day. Found these on my royal gorilla 2 week old buds. Now this will require some time searching for them every day. fucking bud borers!! Does anyone know what the adult looks like?

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            IDK what their name is, or what moth they come from, but I have those too.

Nothing like you guys' problems above but what are tiny, light green flying bugs that are attracted to LED lights? I used to see tiny 'white flecks' flying through the closet's fanned air, I thought it was my bare eyes, my pituitary tumor, and the lights. Now that the Aero-Garden is running in the kitchen the same little green bugs are attracted to those lights. They look innocent to me, and I Hate bugs, they're easy to kill. Not sure if the weather, coming in when I let the pugs back inside after dark. Sound familiar to anyone?? Thnx.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I spot more than one green flying bug, scratch the soil on an indoor pot to see some kind of tiny, tiny bugs. They did not like the light.

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise Then what did you do? DE?

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Outside as long as its not to bad I let Mother Nature take care of things. Though I think the big boy grower south of me that sold out was the one bringing in the good bugs, so I may have to start buying my own. DE is safe enuf, but it only works when dry (dont burn it)

Yesterday just before sunset, a cool front blew though giving me the opportunity to go do more searching. First thing was to look for dead bud parts and dig into them, in each one I either found an exit wound, or a tiny orange worm. I have started taking off these buds, killing the worm if there and tossing the remains in the compost. Now that I realize exactly whats going on I can deal with it. I have also taken some limb tips to get to these worms and start getting rid of them. I am not sure I can get a pic of these as they are so small and my camera expertise is not, so I settle for killing them..

Found this over on 420
          https://www.420magazine.com/communit...y-buds.223233/
          And here is a good write up on these damn worms with good pics, the Eurasian Hemp Borer;

Last edited by Rwise; 07-26-2021, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I am finding much less damage from these pests, I have also started removing any and all damage from them. Ripping into it, finding the worm and killing it. Further I usually compost the trunks, roots and limbs, not this year, this year they get burned! That way they cannot be a winter home for these pests, and I'll use the ash.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X