Bore worms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bore worms!

I have not had the opportunity to deal with these before, for now when I find one I crush the stem it is in. I think this is effective as I can fell the worm pop. What I see is a fat place in the steam with bug poo pushing out of it. So far I have not killed any of the tips of the affected limbs, it does make a bit of a weird looking spot.
    Anyone got another idea on dealing with these frickin bore worms?

Got a picture Rwise ? BT kills worms, but you already know that. Right?
    I grow exclusively in large pots using soil comprised of the compost I make combined with Foxfarm or other quality commercial soils as an amendment. Appropriate nutes as needed. State of the art LED lighting and an evolving system of environmental controls allows me to pamper my plants and let them tell me what they need.
    My goal is epicurean quality rather than high yield.
    I'm learning how to create cannabis tinctures and hashish and I almost always use a vaporizer to spare my aging lungs.
    Despite my avatar name I'm generally amenable and helpful. So, if there's a question I'm qualified to answer, hit me up!

-Grouchy

Comment

I'll keep it in mind for bud worms, I dont like spraying anything on buds. I also think it may not work well on bore worms as they are inside the plant. Its also odd that it seems they are on one hybrid (Black Domina x BB3) and not the others, at least not as many.

Comment

Out in the heat doing some trimming and searching, I found a water leaf with one of these damn bugs/worms. Also investigating what i thought was bud rot, well its these damn worms tunneling into the bud and down the center of the steam eating the inside of it thus killing that bud. I seen this last year also but did not relate it to a worm eating its way inside the steam. The worms are orange for whatever that may mean. This leaf was on a MPxT1000 x Santa Marta Colombian Gold Fem.

Comment

Went out to look after rain most of the day. Found these on my royal gorilla 2 week old buds. Now this will require some time searching for them every day. fucking bud borers!! Does anyone know what the adult looks like?

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            IDK what their name is, or what moth they come from, but I have those too.

Nothing like you guys' problems above but what are tiny, light green flying bugs that are attracted to LED lights? I used to see tiny 'white flecks' flying through the closet's fanned air, I thought it was my bare eyes, my pituitary tumor, and the lights. Now that the Aero-Garden is running in the kitchen the same little green bugs are attracted to those lights. They look innocent to me, and I Hate bugs, they're easy to kill. Not sure if the weather, coming in when I let the pugs back inside after dark. Sound familiar to anyone?? Thnx.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: Wild Thai sativa photoperiod, 3 White Widow Fast Fem photos

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I spot more than one green flying bug, scratch the soil on an indoor pot to see some kind of tiny, tiny bugs. They did not like the light.

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise Then what did you do? DE?

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Outside as long as its not to bad I let Mother Nature take care of things. Though I think the big boy grower south of me that sold out was the one bringing in the good bugs, so I may have to start buying my own. DE is safe enuf, but it only works when dry (dont burn it)

Yesterday just before sunset, a cool front blew though giving me the opportunity to go do more searching. First thing was to look for dead bud parts and dig into them, in each one I either found an exit wound, or a tiny orange worm. I have started taking off these buds, killing the worm if there and tossing the remains in the compost. Now that I realize exactly whats going on I can deal with it. I have also taken some limb tips to get to these worms and start getting rid of them. I am not sure I can get a pic of these as they are so small and my camera expertise is not, so I settle for killing them..

Found this over on 420
          https://www.420magazine.com/communit...y-buds.223233/
          And here is a good write up on these damn worms with good pics, the Eurasian Hemp Borer;
          https://webdoc.agsci.colostate.edu/h...rewrite(1).pdf
          Last edited by Rwise; 07-26-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I am finding much less damage from these pests, I have also started removing any and all damage from them. Ripping into it, finding the worm and killing it. Further I usually compost the trunks, roots and limbs, not this year, this year they get burned! That way they cannot be a winter home for these pests, and I'll use the ash.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X