Partial pollination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial pollination

So I have never bought seeds but that's another topic back in the day my guru grew and sold premo bud he got me growing so he told me he would take a male branch and pollanate the lower branches of his trees he grew monsters never tried it but makes sense any thoughts or experiences who sells seeds anyway they were always free lmao

yes that works its a great way to get seeds but be very careful not to pollinate the whole plant , there are recommended seed banks on GWE these are tried and true seedbanks one we all trust but there are all kinds of seed banks out their
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I'm not gonna try this season I'm to confined but will

Comment

So I ripped this out and threw in woods thc bomb going to try and pollanate a branch from a plant that r my seeds I made years ago almost outta them will see if I chicken out

Comment

Cut the flower top and put it in a paper bag. Stick bud you want to pollinate in bag. Close bag and shake. Remove bud. You will have seeds in only that bud. If you are careful.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, woks, but I use zip locks,

I have a plastic bag in my pocket I have been waiting a week for real flowers will try this evening I will let you know I'm not gonna take a picture to much other stuff to worry about

Comment

So I did it this morning put bag over 1 branch sorry I didn't want to take a picture with my craw hand I'm limited so after I came in and showered all that pollen off me lol I took one of the branch

Comment

How long does the pollinated branch have to remain on the plant ? Will seeds form on a pollinated branch that is hanging to dry ? I already have pollen in the freezer waiting...

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Jimmynuetron seeds take 4-6 weeks to ripen strain dependent, no cut and hung buds will not make seed.
                Good luck!

I don't know how long it takes to make seeds I will harvest in about 5 weeks but the plant has to be alive for sure

Comment

I pollinated a few buds in my last grow. (Soil, MH/HPS, FFOF, 4x4x6.5, Technaflora nutes) I thought I was super careful - took the one plant out and several rooms away, painted the pollen on a few buds with a paintbrush, sprayed it with a spray bottle after, etc . The buds I painted were full of seeds as you'd expect. But many to most of the other plant/buds had some seeds or seeds just starting. I use a lot of fans and always have the tips dancing, but again I took every precaution (or so I imagined). If I knew then what I know not I would have just pollenated the whole grow and deliberately made a "seed grow" and had shit ton of seeds. Got around 200 beautiful seeds, but I come across a lot of seed in the other buds. I think it is a little less potent as well because of the seeding.

I applied the pollen as soon as I saw white pistils and they stared transforming right away. I let the grow go to a normal finish. Some seeds dropped out naturally, but only a few. I have a planned grow with purchased seeds going now but the next grow will all be from those F1s (Lemon Kush cross with Blueberry Haze - "LemonBerry") So many strains and so little time

That was my experience - a little pollen goes a long way!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X