No announcement yet.

Outdoor Grow 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My little duckfoot is still chuggin along it rained again for a couple days, no signs of any more caterpillars, and I'm watching the spot I cut the rot out. There's some dark still in there but I think the peroxide stopped it from growing 🤞🤞 today is 10 weeks so shouldn't be long now 🤔
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Thanks buddy, hopefully Duckfoot makes it too!!! It’s supposed to rain here starting tomorrow and through most of next week. I’m gona have to watch Bruce Banner closely because she’s at the point her buds are starting to really fill in and thicken. Now that I’ve had a few weeks to get over the heartbreak I’m thinking I may do autos outside next year but no photos. Think if I started them early enough that they’d be done by early July before the daily storms and 100% humidity arrived I may be good.

Comment

Pic of the structure after harvesting. After training and topping I started off with 24 colas but they didn’t all make it. I cut 4 off at the base to free up space in the center due to WPM. A few other colas in the center we’re lost completely to bud rot. Only 7 of the 24 original big top colas made it threw to harvest. I didn’t keep track of how many lower buds I’ve removed here and there or how many brown buds I found during harvest that were tossed. After spinning it looks like I should get around 7oz dry from the lower buds then another 3-5!from the tops so I’m expecting 10-12oz total.

Now here’s the question…..Was it worth it? 10-12oz from one plant with no electricity sounds pretty good. Once you take into consideration the amount of nutrients this girl consumed and the amount of daily care (sometimes twice a day) that she took for the last 5 1/2 months IMO not worth it. However I enjoyed it for the most part and I’m glad I got the experience. I’ve grown inside many years and I’ve thankfully never dealt with any of these issues. No doubt I’ll be prepared if shit ever does go south and I’m forced to grow outside due to no electricity, which with the way our country is being ran is a real possibility anyway now. Luckily I’m stocked up for a bit and the tents are full 😁

Comment

Don't give up on outdoors yet. My best advice for success in the hot and humid mid Atlantic region.
          heavy sativa genetics. This comes from extensive trial and error.
          As much sun as you can give them.
          Put those girls in the ground. If you can't forgo the fabric pots.
          Snowcaine did ok but did find a few small spots of bud rot at harvest. No insects.
          G13 haze no bud rot and no insects.
          Freakshow absolutely loves this climate. Prob 2 weeks out though but she is 90% sativa.
          Granted they could have been much bigger but I got a late start on them. Everything I've tried that wasn't at least 70% sativa has failed or done poorly. Just my advice.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
            bboyfromwayback commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks! That makes sense since sativas aren’t generally as leafy as indicas. I’m sure planting in the ground would require less watering but I’m screwed by my surroundings here. The only place on my property that gets good sun and is hidden from my neighbors view is lit up at night by a big ass street light. I bring my plants out in the morning then put them back into cover at night. What got this whole thing started this year was a couple autos that outgrew their tent but they finished in June before the heavy humidity and daily thunderstorms set in. I may throw a few autos out early next year but I doubt I’ll do a photo. Neighbors we’re having a cookout one day and a storm was coming so I ran out and wheeled one big ass pot plant across my yard while carrying another (illegal state) to get them under cover before it started raining. The wife was neither thrilled or impressed

Took a brown bud off Bruce this morning. It’s supposed to rain all week and she has no amber so we’ll see how this goes.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Rain stopped in middle of night sun's out today very cool mornings but no more rain for few days i hope. Leaving them out without cover for the next 36hrs without me being here kinda worries me as i know budrot or mold quickly appears. Hey that first pic sure looks like the buds on my 3 run homer indica hybred it's frosty silvery white real pretty, don't see much color changes. My GG#4 is getting fall colors, rather have it in the trichs right now LOL very soon.

• bboyfromwayback
            Editing a comment
            For sure!!!! I love the pretty fall colors in my tent, outside I’m too stressed to enjoy lol

I didn’t weigh it but the Banana Kush filled 3 64oz mason jars and a regular sized one a little over 3/4 full each and i still have 6 big tops hanging that I’ll be curing completely untrimmed. So not too shabby. Considering all that was lost this plant would’ve produced well over a pound and smelled fruity from about 10ft away. Everytime I got a whiff it reminded me of Fruit Loops cereal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that's a good harvest in my book. 8 months from now i hope to be still smoking this summer harvest, it's the reason why i grow outdoors. It can be a " ball an chain " no doubt but it's all about the quality an quantity is why i grow outdoors. I love doing indoor for the control of the grow somewhat. But getting the grow to finish and have really decent weed is what it's all about. Nothing like having long cured weed an plenty of it for guests Rock on bboyfromwayback

• bboyfromwayback
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! Definitely more yield outdoors and everything was super frosty. Loosing all those autos right before harvest stung bad but overall not a bad experience and I learned a lot about what I would or wouldn’t do next time.

Bruce is waiting on the morning sun and looking very sativaish. She’s lost a few buds but mostly intact. It’s supposed to be sunny in the mid 80’s this week during the day and low 60’s at night. Hopefully she turns because this weather won’t last much longer

Comment

Looks good. Man I wish I had that bud spinner yesterday. Maybe next year.
            keeping it green with the soil thing
            love me some frosty autos
            braap
            BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
            Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
            the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
            blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Bruce Banner is finally done. Lost a few along the way but she’s mostly intact. Roughly 10% amber
              Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                yippeee for free lighting and a harvest I'm so happy she gave you some bud, i know you stressed out in this years outdoor conditions. We all fell into a late summer plant looks like, later than we hoped. bboyfromwayback i hope you don't mind me posting my straggler plant that's still hanging on in my greenhouse. I'm leaving her in there till she start's to have issues with mold which she is not, none at all yet but her colas are friggin filling out like i wished for. I think she may go all the wayyyyyyy and i'll get at least milky trichs. I'm just amazed how well she's handled the ups and downs of temps now in the fall/winter. We are expecting 7 days of rain non stop.

So this is where i keep my last plant she's a pre 98 bubba kush who would of been a huge producer out in the open. But she began flowering 6wks AFTER the others so this was for her salvation. She's 7wks into bloom i've given her bloom nutes 2x and then just watered her with 2 tlbs of unsulferated molasses in over 2gals of water. I just gave her plain well water today she goes about 4 days then needs hydration. I don't even know the temps inside there but feels like 60f during the day. Wish me luck she's a real great gal taking it like a champ, yes she's loosing leaf do to enviornment but she's not got bugs or mildew at all.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                Heck no I don’t care lol After stressing like you said outdoor this year I’m just happy to see people get something in jars👍🏻

This plant sounds like my Bruce Banner. I started her late, popped the seed in July so she was a late bloomer as well. It’s been getting down into the lower 40’s the last week at night so im glad she’s done

I can hardly wait for my BB4 to finish, first seed planted this spring, last to finish.
              Happy to see yours finished, is mine next? LOL I'll be watching her with the 30x, we do have rain coming (maybe) in a few days (maybe).

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                Editing a comment
                Thanks man, fingers crossed for you🤞🏻 I’ve grown BB inside a couple times, she’s a potent one

Took these 2 blue dream and 1 black widow today. Cut 3 spots of bud rot out , glad I didn't wait another week.
              DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
              TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
              Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
              10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
              50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
              8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
              2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
              w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
              2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
              2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
              GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
              Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
              . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
              Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X