Help with weak stalks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with weak stalks

​ Outdoor grow in Northern California. Purchased clones in April, potted outdoor late May after reducing light gradually to match day light. Healthy looking clones potted in 20 gal fabric pots, about 40% ocean forest, 40% happy frog, 20% perlite. Daytime temps have ranged from 100 F to 80 recently, heat to increase soon, humidity low around 25% usually. Feeding flora nova grow 1/2 strength at first now full for early growth (1 tsp/gal). Supplemented with feeding of kelp extract and cali-magic twice, grotek pro-silicate once per week. Ph’d water with drops so not exact but within range.

Sour Diesel and Super Glue looking super healthy and bushy, large strong stems. My concern is a GG4 and a platinum og have weak stalks and cannot even support themselves in a strong wind. Same feeding regimen and watering, light, etc. taking note to reduce water in stunted plants as they’re not using as much. How can I get these stalks to fatten up?

Hello Chizy i would just stake them allow alittle " sway " this helps strengthen the stalks. I have to tie my main stalks also. But they do getting thicker an stronger. A picture of the whole plant would be good.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      All my GG#4 stems when heavy with buds bent over, it was a good thing LOL.

Both of those varieties are notorious for making bud they can't support. Silicon deficiency can cause weak stems in any plant but that never happens in soil, plus your others are fine. You might want to look into using trellis netting in layers as it grows to support weaker plants. Our legion of outdoor growers can tell you better.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed.
      I think you're just dealing with genetics.

Have you tried a fan blowing around them?

Comment

U need to be mean to them. Slightly damaging the stems makes them stronger in the long run. I do this on all my manifolds and tall skinny plants. A video is worth 1K words. Skip to 19:00 for the part of vid relevant to this discussion (the rest isn't bad either). It takes a lot of nerves to do this to your well cared for plants but hurting them makes them stronger. Try it on just one plant then check it in 1-2 weeks. It will be much stronger. I also pinch on the stem hard where I want the stem to bend to soften it up. When it heals, hard as wood.

Introducing his famous “chiropractic” technique, award-winning cannabis cultivator and breeder Kyle Kushman demonstrates the proper way to pinch, prune and ...

Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Lol gg4 is always weak when I was growing in the forest I only got to see my plants like once a month. I remember walking up on a gg4 that was perfect the last time I saw it and it looked more like a weeping willow than a pot plant

Anyway my suggestion would be to allow the plant to sway in a breeze when young and I use this stuff from kisorganics.com it's super cheap a $20 bag lasts me over a year and it definitely helps strengthen the stems

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Silica, lots and lots of silica. You will also need support stakes that are taller than the stalks and branches you're trying to support

Comment

Thanks for the input y’all! SoOrbudgal you said a pic of whole plant would be helpful, this is the weak gg4 compared to strong looking Sour d. It’s my first time posting for help and I really appreciate the helpful responses as I was concerned I might just get put on blast for not knowing what I was doing. Happy growing farmers! Click image for larger version

Name:	DDEEC0FF-8E09-401E-9D36-EAB3F713CACC.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	520659Click image for larger version

Name:	94C205A9-9C4C-465B-BDFA-659FDB321C98.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	520660

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X