• Show
Clear All

WTF?

Click image for larger version

Name:	spiral.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	519275
    Just when you think you've seen most everything, something like this shows up. This is one of my Raspberry Parfait sativa dominant plants that has begun to put out spiral shaped leaves. It's a photoperiod plant that was germinated on March 5th. Grown outdoors in 5 gallons of living soil and as of yet no nutrients added. I checked PH runoff and it is exactly 7. I examined one of the spiral leaves under the microscope and can find nothing out of the ordinary other than its freakish shape. There's a about a million years of combined experience here on GWE and I'm wondering if any of you might have some insight into what might be going on here.

Don’t know the cause but they sure look interesting! I recall reading on the problem diagnoser tool on GWE that there was something that caused twisted leaves but can’t remember if it was a bug or a particular mineral deficiency.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0407.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.57 MB ID:	519284Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0405.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.62 MB ID:	519283
      That looks a whole lot like my 2 outdoor plants that early flowered. Our timelines are similar, I'd guess. I have smooth leaves all funky looking with no serrations. All part of reverting to vegetative mode I'd guess. They'll be fine. Just tell em they are pretty girls and they smell so good.
      Last edited by Floopydoop; 06-08-2021, 08:59 PM.
      Learned a lot this year. pH and whiteflies are issues that need controlling. Maybe an auto over January.....hmmmm...

Comment

I don't have a clue what the hell is happening but wanted to say something so I'm subscribed in hopes someone will know, I'd like to hear what it is.

MUTANT??
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• Poppa
          Poppa commented
          Editing a comment
          You do not have to comment to subscribe. There is a box at the top of each post you can click to subscribe. It can also be used to unsubscribe.

I never saw that before, strange !!
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Is your soil from Alamogordo, NM? Perhaps a bit of trinitite in the mix?
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• MeEasy
            MeEasy commented
            Editing a comment
            I live less than a hundred miles from there, matter of fact where I used to grow in the mountains I had to drive through there to get up to my spots

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha. It does have azomite.

Isn’t it starting to reveg? Or maybe started on it and then went the other way again ?
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't know CaptainWiese91. I'm kinda second guessing myself for starting all my plants so early this year. I have a couple of OG Kush that have already started bud-sights and as my days continue getting longer I fear I may have some re-veg issues down the road.

Click image for larger version

Name:	spiral plant.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	519400
          Here's a pic of the entire plant on my potting table for perspective. Only the tops of new growth seems to have spiral leaves. I have another Parfait that was planted the same day, in the same soil with no strange issues. Guess I'll just keep an eye on this and see what happens. I thought my FreakShows were going to be the only mutants.

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not a soil grower, but it appears to be ? re-vegging? Have Y'all had some cloudy days? The reduction of light from the clouds and then sunny days might cause them to re-veg.?

I only have 14-15 hours of light and mine hasn’t begun flowering yet..

too me it looks like the start of a re veg, BUT is the plant in flower ?? If not, shouldn’t be able to revert?
          what about PH in the soil?
          Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
          You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            I periodically check PH and it's always right on 7. I haven't added any nutrients to the living soil yet because all my plants are still a deep dark green and have shown zero need for food. I checked the PH of this particular plant yesterday and it was right at 7. It seems to be just wanting to flower now and that was the point at which these spiral leaves began so maybe it is fighting itself. We're looking at 14 hour light here on the west coast with the days still getting longer. Like I said, I think I may have jumped the gun with a March 1st germination date and the shorter light hours at that time. I'll see what kind of issues I encounter and make adjustments next season. I've been doing some research online and while there is limited info what I can find all points to a re-veg issue.

• CaptainWiese91
            CaptainWiese91 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was a little bit worried about mine starting to flower early. But they have been outside a week now my feminized and still no signs of pre-flowering’s signs.

Maybe you jumped the gun. Could also be a genetic mistake ?
            But I agree it looks like reveg

crucialbunny it is definitely reveging. I left some clones to catch side light from my 12/12 tent and forgot about them so they started flowering. When I put them back on 18/6 they did that. More than one clone so I know it’s that. March 1st is definitely early for outdoors at least here in southern Cali. I’m just about to take my outdoor plant outside to start getting used to the sun. Anyways that’s all it is it will bounce back, depending on the strain, 2 of mine are still acting weird my Alaskan purple strain is growing normal now. By the way plants look really nice, may want to think about transplanting to a bigger pot? I’m doing one in a 65 gallon Grassroots living soil pot.

Comment

• crucialbunny
            crucialbunny commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Cali. I grow on a balcony in view of the street so I try and keep plant size down by growing in 5 gallon pots. That keeps them in the 4'-5' height range and somewhat under the radar. I really should have known better than to start so early.

cali is right, your plant is re vegging

Comment

That was my whole crop last summer in revegg. Not this year.......hope not this so far so good with my photos.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X