Auto Training?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Training?

Hey guys! Im trying to decide what type of training I should do for my CP Auto that has tightly-packed nodes. I have secured it as you see in the pictures, but if anyone has any better suggestions, please let me know! I do not plan on topping this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210601_165941.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	518090Click image for larger version

Name:	20210601_170057.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	518091Click image for larger version

Name:	20210601_170045.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	518092

I do plan on topping the other CP, as seen below. Its currently working on its 5th node, if I counted correctly. I would like to do the 4- way LTS with this one, but I also plan on doing ScoG. Should I wait until the 6th node is formed and cut between 5th and 6th, or wait for the 5th to be more developed and top between 4th and 5th? This is my first attempt at any topping/ training so any advice is welcomed!

Name:	20210601_170238.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	518093
    FLOWERING:
    Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
    Mother Earth Groundswell Soil
    Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
    GH Flora Trio
    EnjoYield 1000W LED Grow Light 3x3ft with Timer Dimmable
    Current Grow: GC-Critical Purple Auto x2, ILGM- AH x2, NL x1

Hi Lily. Not here to give advice, I was wondering what distance from lights to canopy you have yours set? Thanks.

(I'm just trying to pull my little budlets outward so they can see the light, should've let the cat 'train' all three.)
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's cool that you went out Saturday night. I bought the rubber coated wire from amazon, those heavy duty zip ties are hard for me to use, kind of big. I folded my pots' top edges over because of settling, same issue with NL being a midget but Lemon is growing better so I can't blame starting them in the A-G vs starting Chewy in the pot. Because of my income I have a fixed power bill, I could run anything I want. Also because of my income I can't afford to buy the best equipment and grow 5 plants at once, I don't want to alter my house for it. If you ever see a small or tiny house for sale in your direction, or know anyone cool who rents, LMK. I don't need all this space but I have pets so I can't move just anywhere (rent-controlled apts). If I had somewhere to stay for a bit while I look I could make decent money selling my house right now. House across the street sold in one day for 10% over list price, and there were three more bidders behind them. My town has a $32 million new high school and a newer elementary school - selling points that my taxes are paying for but I have no kids. I'm ready to go all Marie Kondo here.

Photos - I grew the three Mags, a long strange trip but I jarred a lot, and froze cured popcorn and sugar trim when I ran out of jars/lids. I've smoked ~ 5 jars in 5 months including sharing, and I used up the looser buds first so the best are left. Six jars of the best buds, 3 jars of smalls, and the frozen material. Mag could last me a year but I don't want to smoke it all up until seeds are available. Hoping the 3 autos are strong because I'm not expecting much quantity. Still contemplating growing an auto on the patio table on the deck, all I have to lose is one seed if something goes awry. Start it in the closet and move it out on the 1st day of summer. There are Fast Fem photo seeds, supposed to finish faster, that would help your inventory. I took a 5-pack of those and a 5-pack of autos when my dud seeds got replaced, they're in my fridge. Oh, if you have any coated electrical wire it might be heavy enough for tie downs.

• panalilies
      panalilies commented
      Editing a comment
      I used a coat hanger when I was looking for supplies to use this morning. Almost cut myself using pliers to make them into smaller pieces. We bought our current house as a short-sell, no one was living here for about a year before we moved in. Because of that, we had a $30 budget billing from Com-ed that jumped to $104 after a 6-month period. Im kind of ashamed with how much bud Ive smoked since I harvested my first plant, I really should take a T-break. My BF owns a 3-unit, Ill let you know if one of those until ever become available. Houses around here are expensive, IMO. I got lucky with buying a short-sell, and it just barely fit in my price range. (The house is just in my name, my BF wasnt able to help since he had just recently bought his property. We lived there for a year before we bought this place).

I want to grow outside, but I dont have the ability to do it here. The neighbors would totally know, my BF has an 8 yr old so it would have to be hidden outside, and the dog would so mess with it. I kinda wanna take a seed back to TN and plant it when I visit my parents. They live in the middle of no-where and have plenty of hidden space. But I also dont want to just waste a seed. If you ever see some Mag seeds out, please let me know. Im trying to not buy any right now since I have like 15, but Id get some Mag for sure. Do you know the difference between Auto and Auto Fem? TBH I thought all plants that produced the buds were Fem so Im not sure why they would be different

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you bought at the right time, good for you. I bought this ranch house in 1984, interest was sky high then, it was a 4-year-old home in foreclosure. If seeds don't say Fem then they can go either way, just regular seeds that could become boys or girls. I hadn't heard of fast fems until the Seedsman duds replacements. If you can grow two photos you'd have a nice inventory then you could experiment more with other grows. I could be wrong but it seems some people fit more plants in their grow tents, I've never been in one. I have a MIA beautiful Mag seed, if I get some organizing done here maybe I'll find it. I had interior painting done then the virus hit and I have no help to move stuff back where I want it. Feels like the walls are closing in sometimes. I so wanted to clone my first grow because I knew seeds weren't for sale. I'm starting to wonder if they're protecting the landrace strain from becoming cookies, cake, etc crosses because they've had time to do that and time to make and sell seeds. Or because dispo weed has to be grown in IL maybe seeds can't go to other states, if that pertains to seeds too? It's weird. I don't want to buy an 1/8th on a maybe for a seed when I have jars of it here. If I ever hear of someone finding a seed I'd be making a buy, probably. Or try to buy the seed they found. It would be fresh, and 2 of the 3 I grew weren't great-looking seeds but they worked. At the Ottawa dispo months ago they purported that perhaps Mag wasn't available at the time because they were making hybrids, crossing it but I haven't heard of any children of Mag yet. It won the High Times 2020 IL Cannabis Cup.

I would have to put a plant on the table because of the dogs, or if I had planned ahead and grew a fast fem in my compost place I'd have to 'fence' it against wild critters and my wild pugs. The dogs wouldn't eat the plant but they might give it too much nitrogen. On the deck floor the pot would be a water hydrant for the pugs. They're neutered but sometimes they squat, sometimes they leg lift.

My tied down little branches are spreading outward on Chewy and Lemon, going to tie the 3rd Chewy branch down later, it's missing opposite fan leaf's above growth is working it's way to being tied soon. I swear I might be renaming Chewy to CatManDo, better than I can do. The runt NL, some lower budlets are seeking light, growing outward a little but the stem is like one solid bud. They went to 18/6 last night, nobody looks worse for any changes and my watering/nutes.

Equal and opposite pressure on the plant you secured. With more nodes to train as it grows, you don't want to lay it horizontal

Comment

Top the sixth node off.
      On your other plant start your training by trying to lay those first ans second sets of branches down - try laying them flat
      And do the same for the third and fourth branches- but not as flat - the rest of your plant can grow up by itself from those 4 branches being trained.
      You have to reset your tie downs daily to allow for a bit of vertical growth.
      Once she starts to preflower it's almost time to release the bindings or keep them.
      Good luck growing.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• panalilies
        panalilies commented
        Editing a comment
        I will do this tomorrow, I left the plant bent how I posted the picture for a little bit and I want to give it some time to adjust. Its at 2 weeks, so I have plenty of training time, im sure. Thank you very much for your input

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Autoflower training should begin early

quirk - it's not far enough above the top of the pot to bend it like that, should I wait?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210601_181043.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	518120
      FLOWERING:
      Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
      Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
      GH Flora Trio

Comment

Canuck147 - Only heavy wiring I had on hand was a metal coat hanger. Is this okay? It looks semi- easy to train in tutorials and posts, but I feel like a dunce trying to do it myself

Name:	20210602_085844.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	518199
        FLOWERING:
        Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
        Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
        GH Flora Trio

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          As long as the metal is bendable then use it - LST is difficult at times but if your plant cooperates - it helps

Hey Canuck147 - do you think there is enough growth of the 6th node to top, or give it a couple more days?

Thank you in advance!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210606_184821.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	518879
        FLOWERING:
        Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
        Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
        GH Flora Trio

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          ready to go

I would top it as long as it is healthy and growing well.

You could actually slip in there above the 5th node I think. Whichever you choose be careful of the growth tips!

Name:	20210606_211946.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	891.9 KB
ID:	518886Click image for larger version

Name:	20210419_153647.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	518887
        Last edited by Catfish22; 06-06-2021, 08:22 PM.
        2X4X6 Quictent
        1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
        600w LED (80)
        1000w LED (180)
        2 X Viparspectra P-1000
        2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
        6" battery/usb fans
        Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
        GH trio with Calimagic
        Lung room humidifier
        3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
        ArmorSi, kelp when needed
        Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
        Northern Lights auto
        (Seedsman)
        auto 00 Kush
        (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
        2x Northern lights auto
        1 auto 00 Kush
        1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
        Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

#2 has been topped! I was counting #1 nodes and saw some brown spots. It looks like calcium deficiency to me, can anyone else confirm? I'm giving nutes following Nebulas directions for Autos I'm Coco. #2 doesn't have these spots and I do everything the same for both. Maybe since they are touching the soil?

#1 spots

Name:	20210606_212730.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	518898Click image for larger version

Name:	20210606_212725.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	518899

Name:	20210606_212607.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	963.4 KB
ID:	518900

Name:	20210606_212612.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	518901
          FLOWERING:
          Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
          Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
          GH Flora Trio

Comment

• Catfish22
            Catfish22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice job friend!

• panalilies
            panalilies commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you! Im hoping to start LTS on it after its recovered a bit

• Puglover1
            Puglover1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Scissors or thumb nail? Good job. I only used some Recharge with cal-mag the other night and my runt NL has leaves like yours, lower older leaves. I have current pics but I spent over 5 hours on the phone with Amazon last night, started at 7 pm, ended around 12:30. Murphy's Law strikes again so I haven't loaded the pics to my laptop yet.

Got some spikes in today. I feel like I'm hurting my plant/ not doing this correctly, but I'll see where I end up. I removed a couple fan leaves from both as well. I think I have most of the growth sites showing, please let me know if you see any not getting light

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210608_165356.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	519247

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210608_165954.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.56 MB ID:	519248Click image for larger version  Name:	20210608_165950.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.00 MB ID:	519249
          FLOWERING:
          Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
          Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
          GH Flora Trio

Comment

I wish I could tell you. I want to train Chewy, splay it out, just not sure about a few things, I need to read up. It's looking the best of the three and the youngest, easiest to work with ... if they're ever easy. I just fold and tuck leaves that are blocking buds, on the other two plants. I want to do BU2B's version, mine are all in flower or preflower already. I'm going to work with Chewy the most. The other two will have to tell me what they want to do. My AC hasn't quit running for a few hours and it's going to get hotter this weekend. New ceiling exhaust fan is on the way here, nephew's going to look to see if I can run ducting to the eaves toward the west, it's only a couple feet from the attic opening in the closet. Your RH looks high in one pic, 71%, was that early morning? They're growing fast.

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I had noticed his scrog thingy, that's pretty nice. I wish you an abundant harvest.

• panalilies
              panalilies commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! It comes in tomorrow, I'm excited to hook it up. I'm running out of room for spikes and I haven't quite figured out how to properly use the twist ties for training yet

• panalilies
              panalilies commented
              Editing a comment
              Its actually out for delivery! Came a day early Ill post some pictures when I get it all set up ♥

This is my 8 week old Northern Lights Auto. I topped the 6th node and have defol'd it pretty heavily a few times. Started training it a bit late but it was very receptive and cooperative. I will definitely start training a bit sooner with the next grow to get them more horizontal earlier.

Edit: The single flower in the center is on the 2nd NL that's a week younger and was not topped or trained. The bush to the right is part of an unruly Afghan.
            Last edited by Dannyboy58; 06-09-2021, 03:08 PM. Reason: clarification
            Danny

Lovin' life...

Grow System:
            DIY RDWC built in 10 gal tote container
            Vipar Spectra p2000 LED full spectrum light
            Vent fan w/carbon filter and assorted fans, airpump, dehumidifiers, etc
            2x4 grow tent

Current Grow: TOO MUCH

made the newb mistake of starting too many plants in my system. 2 Northern Lights autos and 2 Afghans autos

Comment

Lily, I have no smell happening here yet and I've got a much better grow environment than I did the first time. When Mag was growing big colas I'd walk in the front door and suck in the aroma. The forecast for the next week is 90+ every day. House AC at 70, closet doors open, plants at 80 degrees but low RH, 35-40%. Better than burning them up at higher temps with the doors closed to get the RH up, right now. I have to get my tiny humidifier in there later, just spent over 3 hours running a specimen to the vet, pug has a UTI still. Vet said with his rare disease that he WILL get stones again. By age 3.5 he had already racked up $20K in vet bills, he turned 5 in May. Depressing. This was when I got home -

Name:	Heat.png
Views:	433
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	519459

Comment

• panalilies
                panalilies commented
                Editing a comment
                I have to stuff my nose into the plant to get the smell. Your plants are coming along nicely, I don't like that they are so much smaller than my first grow. I've decided to follow the aggressive veg amounts recommended on the GH flora series, id like to have another big plant. I'm unsure why, but the tent is a little warmer l, sitting at the 85f marker. I'm not ready for this heat or humidity. I think I may turn on my exhaust here soon. I can't imagine having to pay so much or worry so much about my animals medical health. I hope your little pug starts to feeling better soon ♡♡

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I stuffed my nose in this morning, just smelled like a plant. I gave 1/2 gallon each last time, they need watering/feeding today. I lost yesterday with the vet time, have laundry to finish, housework to do. I'm babysitting a doxie for 10 days starting this weekend, my dogs need their nails buzzed, I have my infusion today, leave in an hour. Wish I could twitch my nose like Samantha in Bewitched.

My pug had puppy strangles before he was 4 months old so he was pre-exiting already, for insurance. He has the rarest form of stones, it's a metabolic problem so he has to be vegetarian and low protein which has risks to his heart. When the stones debacle happened, bad vet experience but bad laws for pets. I would have had to pay ahead for records, filings and for an atty @ $300-400/hour to drive here from the 'burbs to file and appear each time to only get back what it cost to save him. It took over a year to find an animal rights attorney. I worried every waking minute of every day about the debt, then I was diagnosed with kidney cancer. Having the kidney removed wasn't bad at all, I had surgery in Joliet.

I wish all 3 of my plants were like Chewy. It's almost self-training right now, I need to get the pots in the kitchen again to work on tie downs and trim some leaves. While I hibernate from the heat and babysit dogs.

My plant was looking droopy so I fed them 2 quarts of water yesterday. They perked up!

Droopy-

Name:	20210609_184226.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	2.12 MB
ID:	519518

Happy, perky plant!

Name:	20210610_070136.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	519519
              FLOWERING:
              Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
              Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
              GH Flora Trio

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Keep up the good gardening soon those will start the stretch mode. Looks good on LST an tieing down

Watering update I decided to water them 2 qts each at 4am this morning. Ive decided to follow the aggressive veg recommend nutes on the GH Flora series. Removed some fan leaves from both plants this morning, hopefully making way for air and light to reach the growth tips without hurting my babies too much.

CP #1-

Name:	20210612_103245.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	519880

CP #2-

Name:	20210612_102855.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	519879
              FLOWERING:
              Nova 48"x48"x80" tent
              Vivosun 4" Carbon Filter
              GH Flora Trio

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X