Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    All too true Ck! Next time this happens I hope I have the resolve to hit the flag button and turn my back. There is too much good here for it to be sullied by this kind of nonsense!

• Ckbrew
    commented on 's reply
    Hey BU2B imo things went really sideways here last week. The post you refer to I saw some genuine concerns for a person who at first appeared to be genuinely ignorant the potential danger. Unfortunately it devolved into downright arrogance and ignorance. If done on purpose or by accident, who knows. There was another post that started as an attack on the entire community. The opening was uncalled for. What I find interesting is that the thread mostly forgot the literalness of the OP and started to refer to it in a joking manner. It then took off on so many tangents that if one started in the middle they would have no idea what started all of that. I believe that this is just part of the current state of the web that has been created where people can say things with zero accountability for themselves. I don't know if this is more of a comment on the web or of people in general and what they are capable of when they go unfiltered. In the same thread one could see both nastiness, compassion, concern, disregard, and some creativity- I rarely write poetry. I think I am starting to ramble. My point is, when dealing with people who are unfiltered there are bound to be some feelings stepped on. Please don't take it on a personal level. We all have to put up with the chaff when looking to bring in the harvest. I can't speak for anyone else here, I value your knowledge an opinion, and it is not that difficult to tell who knows what they are speaking of and those who do not. Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

• BU2B
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LASACNS.gif Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	543995
    "Whichever path you follow, push on till tomorrow, love all, serve all and create no sorrow"
    Trevor Hall
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-23-2021, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TOKABIGONE
    commented on 's reply
    My dear friend BU2B I am so sorry you feel you must bear this burden of guilt with really no reason. That whole thing was nothing more than mob violence one post at a time. It was ignited by one insecure thoughtless person but with a single spark a firestorm raged for days. I can't even read it anymore as I get too disgusted! Too much vehemence and downright hatred being expressed. Almost like a Salem witch hunt and just as harmful. If the OP was a troll; he was a good one. I apologize to all for my part and for returning for more. The veneer of civilization is very thin in places! Peace!

• BU2B
    replied
    I know, I know...doesn't seem like 3 weeks to me either lol I just decided to go for it... If I don't post it here, it's likely no one else will either. So here goes...

The All in One - NORML NEWS, SATURDAY's SONG & Keeping us Current post: Friday 22, October, 2021

South Dakota: Six Months Later, Supreme Court Still Silent on Marijuana Legalization Vote Details
    10/21/21 3:55pm UTC
    New York: Employers Are Prohibited from Testing Most Employees for Cannabis Details
    10/19/21 9:22pm UTC
    Senate Spending Proposal Removes 'DC Rider,' Maintains Existing State Medical ... Details
    10/19/21 3:47am UTC
    Mississippi: Governor Still Hasn't Called a Special Session to Address Medical Marijuana Details
    10/18/21 8:17pm UTC

SATURDAY'S Selected Song: Redemption Song featuring both Bob & Stephen Marley and Presto! by RUSH

Keeping us Current:
    This week was an interesting week at GWE to say the least. Two posts in particular seemed to set off a firestorm of comments. Both were from sunny London and both caused many people to jump in when it may have been best to keep quiet. I almost made it out unscathed.... but just HAD TO pop in that one post. Though my comment was really one of incredulity it turned into something much more. With some regular members upvoting comments questioning my sincerity and 'perceived wisdom". I should have kept my mouth shut, but I didn't. Even though what I stated was an opinion, it was an opinion based on fact. I certainly hope we have not gotten to the point that someone's opinion is of no value if they have not experienced the circumstance first hand. If that's the case, throw out the book and we start each day from the bedrock. I have always tried my best to be considerate, to keep opinions based on beliefs to myself, and to help as much as is possible. my apologies to ANY who have perceived it any other way. I have a long way to go to be the person I want to be, but that doesn't mean I get to stop trying when someone steps on my toes. Thanks to all of you for your patience in putting up with me.
    LA
    SA
    CNS

On a different note: Many of you get the Seedsman newsletter due to signing up or past purchases. In this weeks newsletter there is an excellent story on defoliation and the production of cannabinoids - for those who haven't read the article - Here's the Link: Does Pruning Boost Cannabinoid Levels? - Seedsman Blog
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-23-2021, 04:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    We're within an hour of it being another week so... Here's this week's Keeping Us Current 10.17.21

This is my 300'th post on GWE (not including comments and deleted posts) over the last 3 years. I'm ready for a break. I'm not going away, and hopefully neither is the OG Group, but I think this will be the last post in the OG Group for the next several weeks for me. If any of our illustrious Group Members feel like taking the helm... by all means be my guest. I'll still be lurking about and I have my own grow that I'm journaling here on GWE.

As the holidays and the time for thankfulness brings things long forgotten to memory I've come to realize I have two big things in my life I'm sorry for; and they both include how I treated others. It is my sincere wish that you are not a silent member of that group.

The floor is yours folks if you feel up to a bit of posting and maintenance for the next 3-4 weeks. My very best wishes and sincerest thanks to all OG Group members. I'm out for bit...
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-17-2021, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Saturday's Selected Song: Good Rain - from everything, every time, every where. I hope everyone had a good week! Sorry Folks... one more; Forgive again by T.H.
    "Forgive everything that has ever happened
    Life is everything we can imagine
    Laid out in patterns of pain and passion
    You cannot control it
    So keep your compassion
    There are no accidents
    There are no factions
    There is no us or them
    Nothing to borrow or lend
    No enemy or friend
    And only forgiveness can make that happen
    The only battle worth the fight
    From the Rwandan genocide
    To the Seven Sisters forgiving Orion for how he chases them across the skies every night
    Forgiveness is for giving
    So give yourself this gift from time to time
    And let all of your mistakes
    Become all of your greatest gifts In disguise""
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-17-2021, 03:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Friday’s NORML News 15 October, 2021

New NORML Report Highlights Concerns Regarding Sale of Unregulated Delta-8 THC, Similar Products Details
    10/13/21 2:20pm UTC
    House Veterans Affairs Committee Considers Marijuana Research Bill Details
    10/13/21 12:38am UTC
    New York: Regulators Approve Patients’ Access to Medical Cannabis Flower Details
    10/06/21 3:14pm UTC
    Ohio: Voters in These Cities Will Decide on Marijuana Decriminalization Measures ... Details
    10/05/21 4:20pm UTC

Leave a comment:

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    Pearl could write. Miracles happen every day. My wife is a 21 year Brest Cancer survivor. Worst year of our lives but also the most inspiring.

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    If I could give 10 likes for hearing your son is well I would.

• BU2B
    replied
    Keeping us Current: October 10, 2021 And the beat goes on (and the beat goes on)
    I hope that everyone had a great week. Fall has fallen in my neck of the woods and it's nice to have some cooler temps after a rather scorching summer. Everyone has been 'auto-busy' doing what they 'auto-do' and still finding the time to answer questions or redirect users as need be for fast and efficient help with a dose of kindness. Thanks again, folks - and have a GREAT WEEK! Keep tending "The Garden".
    The story behind the video - In 2012 shortly after his 30th birthday my son was diagnosed with Stage IV esophageal cancer and was given a 3% chance of survival. It was a stressful time for all involved. Thankfully, that same year RUSH released Clockwork Angels. The song The Garden struck a very deep emotional note that seemed to sum up everything I was feeling all in 7 minutes. I made the video in honor of my son, who I am happy to report - I just got off the phone with. 9 years later and he's still here, tending the garden. I offer this small gift to each of you in thanks; as I was tending my garden, many of you have stopped by to help after tending your own. You, make my life better... Thank You!
    Last edited by BU2B; 10-11-2021, 12:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BU2B
    replied
    Saturday's Selected Song: Just a simple reminder as we close out the week that We are on time!

Leave a comment:

• grouchyoldman
    commented on 's reply
    Yellow tips on some of those leaves and general blanching of the uppers could be the beginning of light burn. I saw the same thing on my current grow and adjusted the light levels down to 40 DLI at the tops. That stopped it but didn't reverse the blanching. Mine were about as far into flowering as yours based on the pics. I'd try that before adjusting your nutes.

• DeadlyFruit
    commented on 's reply
    BU2B I think your opinion is very solid and it does have to stop! And seriously, pick it up at the sheriffs office??? Talk about trying to create a walk of shame to embarrass people and increase stigmatization. In fairness we tried for decades to legalize in Canada before it finally happened so I really shouldn’t throw stones, but I just couldn’t believe a government would go in the opposite direction to the one indicated by 70% of people who voted. That seems like a great way to lose the next election.

• BU2B
    commented on 's reply
    DeadlyFruit the issue of legislation without representation will always be a constant battle. In my state medical passed 3 times before it was implemented as it was designed, the legislature would change things after the fact ... like having to pick up your medical cannabis at the local sheriffs office! We learned to play their game and passed legislation that STOPPED the legislature from radically changing approved public initiatives. Some state legislatures have voted on their own to represent the will of the people and have legalized or decriminalized adult cannabis use and cultivation without even requiring a vote. Other's still afraid that the sky will fall are doing all they can to hinder and/or slow the inevitable. I do believe that national decriminalization is a train that can't be stopped. National legalization is an entirely different ballgame. IF the best we can hope for in the near future is for cannabis decriminalization and getting it removed from the schedule 1 drug list so that the penalties for the crime are as frivolous in nature as the crime - that works for me. But this BS of losing your house, job, family, friends and the constant threat of incarceration has got to stop! [my opinion]

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X